• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frontier Challenge!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

Introduction

Welcome to the Frontier Challenge. Your role is to play each a battle frontier, but instead of battling challengers you will battling each other to find out who's really the strongest out of you all!

Rules

1. No hacked Pokemon, all Pokemon must be legitimately captured and raised.
  2. You must have a copy of one of the following Pokemon games; HG/SS/D/P/Pt
  3. No cheating. If you have trouble with someone who has been cheating or are suspicious of their Pokemon being hacked please contact me through PM and PM only.
  4. All clauses and rules according to the T&E rules thread apply also!
  5. · Strictly no banned Pokemon listed by Smogon. This applies to items and abilities also! All common clauses and other rules listed in the T&E rules thread also applies!

Game Mechanics

i2VHdx8wjPMPhG7bsDf3Vh2oT7IBVgAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
scizor

1. The aim of this tournament is to beat the rest by working your way through your matchups.·
  2. Battles will be level 50 vs level 50 – to makes things even. (For those who have not got any level 100 Pokemon without hacking to obtain them and for those who may have weaker Pokemon compared to someone else; level-wise.)
  3. Consist of 8 players, this is an all out fight for frontier survival, so lose once and you're out.
  4. All results must be posted in this thread the must include if you won or lost, against whom and how many Pokemon each you were left with at the conclusion of the match.
If you'd like to participate please fill in the following form:
Username: Curious.
What Game you will be playing with: HG
Name (In-game): Nathan
FC: 2580 9422 0238
Other (Anything else you'd like to add? Any Questions?): Nope!

Current Participants:
Spoiler:

Prizes

I'm not particularly a good breeder, so all prizes handed out by myself will be mystery Pokemon eggs. These could range from holding baby, common or uncommon Pokemon. Prize donations are more than welcome especially bred Pokemon. I will try and breed Pokemon to suit each person's final placement. (1st, 2nd, 3rd etc) All participants will receive a prize. C: However, I cannot guarantee that the Pokemon receive by 1st place will be better than other places, and so forth; I will try my best, but please be aware of this.

improved OP layout coming soon!

Last edited:

Empathy

Rawr.
Years
Username: Empathy
What Game you will be playing with: Pearl
Name (In-game): Andy
FC: Pearl: 4255 9841 0801
Other (Anything else you'd like to add? Any Questions?): My highest level is 78, but be careful because even lowered to 50, this pokemon is still a champion in my eyes!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Username: Empathy
What Game you will be playing with: Pearl
Name (In-game): Andy
FC: Pearl: 4255 9841 0801
Other (Anything else you'd like to add? Any Questions?): My highest level is 78, but be careful because even lowered to 50, this pokemon is still a champion in my eyes!

Welcome! We'll need more participants to commence (at the very least 4), thanks for joining and hope you have fun!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
i would join... but i need to find my platinum. I ev'd and raised all my pokemon from 1 to 100 so would i be able to do it?

Yes of course, there's a feature adjustable before you battle known as flat battling. It will automatically set your Pokemon to level 50, as will it do to your opponent, so things are fair. :3 As long as you find your game, and fill in the sign up form, you're all good to go!

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Username: SuperTreaz
What Game you will be playing with: Pt!
Name (In-game): NOAH
FC: 1978 0757 8741
Other (Anything else you'd like to add? Any Questions?):
1. When will battles be?
2. Any specific style? Double? Single? Mixed?
3. Can I help out with some prizes? I'm doing well with the Masuda method. I have a couple shiny starters from that. I'm willing to give some away.
4. Can we use all NU? I am after all, the Dunsparce Elder. :3
5. Please no sleep clause? Pweeze?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Username: SuperTreaz
What Game you will be playing with: Pt!
Name (In-game): NOAH
FC: 1978 0757 8741
Other (Anything else you'd like to add? Any Questions?):
1. When will battles be?
2. Any specific style? Double? Single? Mixed?
3. Can I help out with some prizes? I'm doing well with the Masuda method. I have a couple shiny starters from that. I'm willing to give some away.
4. Can we use all NU? I am after all, the Dunsparce Elder. :3
5. Please no sleep clause? Pweeze?

Welcome! Thanks for joining, hope you enjoy the tournament. As for your questions;

1. The battle will take place when we have at the very least 4 participants and no more interest is shown. (Which will most likely be soon)
2. Definitely single. I forgot to add that in the OP, so thanks for reminding me!
3. You're more than welcome to! That'd be a great contribution so thanks! =D
4. Yep, as long as the pokemon don't conflict with the ban-listed pokemon according to Smogon and the T&E thread
5. And no sorry, gotta keeps things fair. c:

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Okay then. :3.
Sorry Haunter, I might not use you for this. :3
I also have another question. Can you link me to the Smogon banned list? I'm having trouble finding the Gen 4 one.
Thanks. :D

Back