• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
The only part of the mini-hack that will be used in Keratin is the new type system, plus the practice of decapitalising things in regular speech. That's all. Scripting issues are not something I condone in anything important, especially since I don't believe in having glorious graphics; thus, you can rest assured that in any major projects of mine, I will not allow such errors to occur.
That's at least good to know. I mean, besides the flag game and the fact it was a Fire Red base, that mini hack was pretty interesting. Too bad I could never actually get past the flags and see what else happens...

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2014
Where do you get an exp share in this game, I keep have to rely on the day care to train up my weaker pokemon?

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
That's at least good to know. I mean, besides the flag game and the fact it was a Fire Red base, that mini hack was pretty interesting. Too bad I could never actually get past the flags and see what else happens...

Huh? You couldn't get past them? I thought you meant the script at the end wasn't working! Tell me, do you mean that when you went towards the stairs, R.H.I.N.O. told you the game wasn't over? If that's the case, then just walk over towards the stairs again - and again - and again. R.H.I.N.O. uses a random number generator to decide when your time is up...

Actually latias might not look bad as a zombie actually, I made a demon sprite of her before, anyway cutlerine, even though your fully focused on completeing the hack....Please take care of the mystery egg glitch, what if someone decided to try this hack and as soon as they use a mystery egg there games gone.

Working on Mysteryegg too, don't worry. I wouldn't forget about that.

OMG! Please oh please don't zombinify Latias! She be one of my favorite pokemon........Cutlerine you are the personification of evil......... Just like Lord Voldemort and Alvin and the Chipmunks :D

Whoa. That's a pretty serious accusation there. Voldemort I can take, but the Chipmunks? A harsh blow, my friend. Anyway, Latias is only partially zombified. It's... difficult to explain without giving the concept away.

Where do you get an exp share in this game, I keep have to rely on the day care to train up my weaker pokemon?

Beat Mugwin the Troll on top of Escher Hill in Famine's Desert, north of Mauville. Make sure there's a free space in your bag, because I'm not entirely sure he holds onto it for you if you don't take it straight away...

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
Whoa. That's a pretty serious accusation there. Voldemort I can take, but the Chipmunks? A harsh blow, my friend. Anyway, Latias is only partially zombified. It's... difficult to explain without giving the concept away..
I'm guessing, but I think latias is cursed and you need to save her.

Cutlerine

Years
I'm guessing, but I think latias is cursed and you need to save her.

Er, no. I'm going to come right out and say I don't really like Latias and Latios. They don't get a quest to themselves, so sorry, all you Eon Twin fans out there. They look stupid when viewed from behind, Latios' neck is too thick, and, all in all, I prefer a nice Palkia, or an Azelf, or even a good old-fashioned Mewtwo.

Bit of a tangent there, and one that'll probably incite screams of rage from those who hated Generation IV's Pokémon and also from those who love the Eon Twins, but what I was trying to say amidst all that rubbish was that Latios and Latias are not cursed. There are lots of them, and they are, well, sorta kinda partially semi-zombified in a different sort of way to usual.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Huh? You couldn't get past them? I thought you meant the script at the end wasn't working! Tell me, do you mean that when you went towards the stairs, R.H.I.N.O. told you the game wasn't over? If that's the case, then just walk over towards the stairs again - and again - and again. R.H.I.N.O. uses a random number generator to decide when your time is up...
Yeah, when I went towards the stairs, it kept saying I couldnt move on until the game ended...

Knowing that now, Ive gotta get another Fire Red ROM....Ugh, I seriously cant stand how slow my computer runs Fire Red ROMs/hacks....But, this is an interesting hack, so Ive gotta suck it up....

Last edited:

MUDKIPS4LIFE

Hack Player.
Years
My friend told me snorlax evolves. So I checked the My friend told me snorlax evolves. So I checked the pokemon in the game. what's with the Gurren Lagann reference. I found a Kamina and checked it's sprite. XD

note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a pokemon evolves, or how it evolves.

also what do the broken hearts do?

I also found the 3 starters.

Last edited:

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Nice hack. The edginess and dark themes really make it unique, but I feel that the disembodied heads were pushing it a bit, and bordering on plain silly.

Years
It looks really good, and has some amazing puzzles in it.
I only found 3 stones (Fire Stone and Thunderstone and a Sun Stone but it can't be used on Hyperegg) and I already beat the Elite Four. Where do I find the rest of them?

And it's pretty normal in Hoenn that the Elite Four's Pokemon are tougher than all the others, but the fact that normal trainers after the Elite Four use level 70 Pokemon makes it really tough to advance with level 55 Pokemon. Great game anyway :)

Cutlerine

Years
It looks really good, and has some amazing puzzles in it.
I only found 3 stones (Fire Stone and Thunderstone and a Sun Stone but it can't be used on Hyperegg) and I already beat the Elite Four. Where do I find the rest of them?

And it's pretty normal in Hoenn that the Elite Four's Pokemon are tougher than all the others, but the fact that normal trainers after the Elite Four use level 70 Pokemon makes it really tough to advance with level 55 Pokemon. Great game anyway :)

It's to make sure the difficulty level is always increasing...

As for stones, the Moon Stone is somewhere in Meteor Falls, the Water Stone is unavailable as yet and the Leaf Stone is where it's always been.

Wait. You beat the E4 with Level 55s? Wow. I had to grind up to Level 65 with my team, which makes normal Trainers after the League somewhat easier. Admittedly, I picked my Pokémon for their looks rather than their strength, though...

Nice hack. The edginess and dark themes really make it unique, but I feel that the disembodied heads were pushing it a bit, and bordering on plain silly.

Eh? You haven't noticed that Snakewood is ridiculously silly yet? This isn't meant to be taken as 'edgy' or 'dark'; it's a crazy romp through the Hoenn region as seen through the eyes of someone with a propensity for making jokes and stupid references to anything and everything under the sun.

If this hasn't become obvious to you yet, play on a little more. Like From Dusk Til Dawn, there'll come a point where the seriousness gives up and commits suicide, and suddenly a thousand stupid things start to happen at once and turn your brain to mulch. Once that's happened, you're past the turning point, and things will degenerate from there. :D

My friend told me snorlax evolves. So I checked the pokemon in the game. what's with the Gurren Lagann reference. I found a Kamina and checked it's sprite. XD

note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a note I don't normally check hacks for stuff. only after I beat it and I want to find what level a pokemon evolves, or how it evolves.

also what do the broken hearts do?

I also found the 3 starters.

Congratulations on the starters. Munchlax isn't available in-game yet - so I'm not going to reveal anything about his evolutionary line until he is.

Now, 'what's with the Gurren Lagann reference'. Well, the thing is, it's just one of many, many, many references concealed (or baldly stated) within my hack. If you check the list of achievements, you'll see there's one about beating Kamina - so expect the man himself to challenge you, without Pokémon, at some point in the future. Wah... So manly...

Broken Hearts are part of a feature that won't be implemented for a while. I kept the items themselves in there to keep people guessing, but... yeah. I'm not going to tell you. Suffice to say that Broken Hearts will be the last thing I do before I finish off the player overworlds.

Last edited:
Years
I beat the Elite Four with this team:
Hyperegg lv 43
Aerodactly lv 53
X32736 lv 55
Claydol lv 49
Zigzagoon lv 12
Breloom lv 52
And with alot of revives and full restores of course.
And I completed the beta right now, I'm at Sootopolis' PokeCenter, can't wait to see what comes next.

And I found a glitch, or that's what I think: after I captured Shiny Aerodactly, the next wild Pokémon I encountered was a shiny Sandshrew. I don't know it's a glitch, I could just be extremely lucky aswell. And now that I finished the abandoned mines, I realize the Deadly Seven weren't even that hard.

By the way, the starters aren't useless at all: I defeated the Deadly Seven guy with 4 Ampharoses lv 71 with my Claydol lv 49 and it even didn't faint :)

Edit: Discovered another glitch: You can't fly to Sootopolis, Mauville and Fort Draco, even if these towns/cities have a Pokemon Center and/or are secured, but you can fly to Littleroot where there's nothing to do anyway. If you fly away from Sootopolis, you'll end up getting stuck as you can't get back to Sootopolis.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years
I beat the Elite Four with this team:
Hyperegg lv 43
Aerodactyl lv 53
X32736 lv 55
Claydol lv 49
Zigzagoon lv 12
Breloom lv 52
And with alot of revives and full restores of course.
And I completed the beta right now, I'm at Sootopolis' PokeCenter, can't wait to see what comes next.

And I found a glitch, or that's what I think: after I captured Shiny Aerodactly, the next wild Pokémon I encountered was a shiny Sandshrew. I don't know it's a glitch, I could just be extremely lucky aswell. And now that I finished the abandoned mines, I realize the Deadly Seven weren't even that hard.

By the way, the starters aren't useless at all: I defeated the Deadly Seven guy with 4 Ampharoses lv 71 with my Claydol lv 49 and it even didn't faint :)

Edit: Discovered another glitch: You can't fly to Sootopolis, Mauville and Fort Draco, even if these towns/cities have a Pokemon Center and/or are secured, but you can fly to Littleroot where there's nothing to do anyway. If you fly away from Sootopolis, you'll end up getting stuck as you can't get back to Sootopolis.

I think you might just have been lucky with the Sandshrew; I don't know. And your team is obviously stronger than mine, which was Buffalon, Radiorange, Zeburaika, Emonga, Golem and Metagross (as seen in one screenshot in the first post).

I know about the flying thing. It's annoying, isn't it; I need to put in a way back to Sootopolis.

Oh, and there is stuff to do in Littleroot; it just doesn't exist yet.

Years
I think you might just have been lucky with the Sandshrew; I don't know. And your team is obviously stronger than mine, which was Buffalon, Radiorange, Zeburaika, Emonga, Golem and Metagross (as seen in one screenshot in the first post).

I know about the flying thing. It's annoying, isn't it; I need to put in a way back to Sootopolis.

Oh, and there is stuff to do in Littleroot; it just doesn't exist yet.

If I'm right, then there was some kind of variable that is set... It is set when talked to nurse Joy, in the Wally script in Victory Road, and the script blocks at the top of the waterfall at Evergrande. You could try that and maybe it'll work :)

And what is going to happen at the Sootopolis Resistance? And you could maybe decrease the difficulty of the fight against Alicia at Meteor Falls a bit. I lost about 10 times before I finally could win, and since there's no PokeMart at Fallarbor and you don't have fly, it takes a while to get to a PokeMart and then get back to Fallarbor.

Cutlerine

Years
If I'm right, then there was some kind of variable that is set... It is set when talked to nurse Joy, in the Wally script in Victory Road, and the script blocks at the top of the waterfall at Evergrande. You could try that and maybe it'll work :)

And what is going to happen at the Sootopolis Resistance? And you could maybe decrease the difficulty of the fight against Alicia at Meteor Falls a bit. I lost about 10 times before I finally could win, and since there's no PokeMart at Fallarbor and you don't have fly, it takes a while to get to a PokeMart and then get back to Fallarbor.

I've tried the variables already, but those maps remain resolutely un-Fly-able. I'll give it another go some time.
And I'm not going to decrease the difficulty of War. There is a Pokémon Mart in Fallarbor - it's full of Inquisition Footmen - and she's meant to be stupidly difficult anyway. I am remorseless when it comes to bosses.

At the Resistance Headquarters, there's a large meeting that culminates in the final assault on the Necropolis by the four strongest warriors in Hoenn.

Years
I've tried the variables already, but those maps remain resolutely un-Fly-able. I'll give it another go some time.
And I'm not going to decrease the difficulty of War. There is a Pokémon Mart in Fallarbor - it's full of Inquisition Footmen - and she's meant to be stupidly difficult anyway. I am remorseless when it comes to bosses.

At the Resistance Headquarters, there's a large meeting that culminates in the final assault on the Necropolis by the four strongest warriors in Hoenn.

Can't wait 'till the next beta :)
And is there really a PokeMart? I never noticed it. If I knew there was one winning would be alot easier.
And I already found the renamed Master Ball :)
And the drinking contests, I found the first harder than the second. I won the second one at my third try :P
And if remember correctly, the amount of money you receive from the champion upon winning glitches up and starts with a ? If I'm right.
And there's another glitch at Esau's gym, you can walk in the lower black area as there's probably a movement permission error there.

Rayce

Nooo0000OOB
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Great game, I've caught one fakemon so far and he's pretty cool. However I am stuck in the ship and can't find "the warp"

Cutlerine

Years
Great game, I've caught one fakemon so far and he's pretty cool. However I am stuck in the ship and can't find "the warp"

If you're looking for the warp after fixing the elevator, then

Spoiler:

May I be so bold as to ask what Fakemon you caught? I'm just curious.

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
I have to agree, War is stupid hard. I can only beat her by cheating with the Chaos of Oden.

By the way, I found out something that I found rather amusing. In the sub, when you have to catch a Magnemite to fix the elevator, I went to it without one just 'cause I wanted to remember what it had said if you don't have a pokemon with Thundershock, and it was like "Pikachu used Thundershock!" And I was like "HELL YEAH you useless yellow *****."

There was another glitch that I'd seen but I can't remember what it was now... D: Oh well.

By the way, me and Cheatfreak found out how to get Radiorange. Nice work. Very, uh... What's the word? 'Creative' would be a good one.

Years
Can't wait 'till the next beta :)
And is there really a PokeMart? I never noticed it. If I knew there was one winning would be alot easier.
And I already found the renamed Master Ball :)
And the drinking contests, I found the first harder than the second. I won the second one at my third try :P
And if remember correctly, the amount of money you receive from the champion upon winning glitches up and starts with a ? If I'm right.
And there's another glitch at Esau's gym, you can walk in the lower black area as there's probably a movement permission error there.

Here's the aforementioned glitch in Esau's gym:
vq1xcw.png

You can walk there without cheats.
I'll provide a screenshot with the Champion's glitched up money reward asap.

Cutlerine

Years
Here's the aforementioned glitch in Esau's gym:
vq1xcw.png

You can walk there without cheats.
I'll provide a screenshot with the Champion's glitched up money reward asap.

Fixed for the next update.

I have to agree, War is stupid hard. I can only beat her by cheating with the Chaos of Oden.

By the way, I found out something that I found rather amusing. In the sub, when you have to catch a Magnemite to fix the elevator, I went to it without one just 'cause I wanted to remember what it had said if you don't have a pokemon with Thundershock, and it was like "Pikachu used Thundershock!" And I was like "HELL YEAH you useless yellow *****."

There was another glitch that I'd seen but I can't remember what it was now... D: Oh well.

By the way, me and Cheatfreak found out how to get Radiorange. Nice work. Very, uh... What's the word? 'Creative' would be a good one.

Fun Fact: Radiorange is one of only three (I think) Fakemon in Snakewood to have a shiny sprite that's different to its normal sprite.

Actually, Radiorange is fairly useless, I've found. Despite its ability to kill any Pokémon at all in a single hit with Overheat due to its Kyogre-level Special Attack, it has abominable speed and defences, meaning it's almost 1HKO'ed by Ice Beam despite being half Fire.

I beat War using the Metang from the Island of Calm to Psychic her Gengar, using Buffalon's Revenge to take down her Gigawolf, and hitting the rest very hard with Zangol and Golem. It's meant to be crazy hard.

And yes, any Pokémon with ThunderShock will repair the elevator. At the time, Magnemite was the only Pokémon with ThunderShock available before that point - and the whole reason it's in the sub was to provide electricity to fix the elevator with.

Back