• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Lightning Yellow

Gnarwinism

Grandson - er, whats his name?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Actually I'm pretty sure Missingno wasnt in yellow, only red and blue. But I think it could be over 100.

Gnarwinism

Grandson - er, whats his name?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
But not in the same way it was in red/blue. It did not bring any of the item glitches people usually sought after, and it could not be done with the old man/ cinnabar trick.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
MissingNo in yellow was done through the mew glitch. Since i'm not including that glitch (which would be pretty hard to do anyway) i'm including it as it was in red blue, but with all sprites, which were accessible in yellow

Duplicating items was done using the Ditto glitch i believe instead.

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I have already been duplicating quite a few items for myself...and pokemon. It is hacktastic.

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
problem

Hey i ran into a little bit of a problem. recently i got a new computer and when i downloaded the game, clicked on the icon and went to play nothing happened. I tried downloading both .17 and the demo and both times nothing happened. I tried to update it multiple times but it never works. any solutions ?

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Hey i ran into a little bit of a problem. recently i got a new computer and when i downloaded the game, clicked on the icon and went to play nothing happened. I tried downloading both .17 and the demo and both times nothing happened. I tried to update it multiple times but it never works. any solutions ?

You should just wait around for version 0.18, 0.17 fixed some problems, but a lot more came about that will be fixed in 0.18. I'm not sure when Desbrina is planning on releasing it, but they have but a lot of work into this next update, and I personally cannot wait to play it myself.

So really, just wait around till 0.18 is out and then trying to update the game then. I'm stuck with a lot of pokemon that didn't learn any moves as they leveled up from version 0.17.

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
Hey Desbrina, what's new with you? Haven't heard anything in while; I hope the project is still going strong, and more so, I hope everything is going well with your personal life. I know things come up, but you've got all our support I'm sure.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Hey Desbrina, what's new with you? Haven't heard anything in while; I hope the project is still going strong, and more so, I hope everything is going well with your personal life. I know things come up, but you've got all our support I'm sure.

I'm still working on it. I fixed a few errors i found yesterday.

I've recently gotten into iOS programming so been occupied with that recently.

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I'm still working on it. I fixed a few errors i found yesterday.

I've recently gotten into iOS programming so been occupied with that recently.

Release v0.18 and I'll let you go back to your cruddy iOS. :P
Everyone knows Android is where it is at.

Perhaps you could make a version of the game for me to play on my android.... :cheeky:

WandererTJ

Mechanical Engineer
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
lol. i can't get one with android, much prefer iOS

Well if you find a way to convert all of the game's files to run on a gameboy advance emulator, I should easily be able to play it on my Android, but I know that is easier said than done.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2014
Hello there!

This Yellow hack seems to be awesome, but I have a question. Why does it need to use a separate program to run it? I thought it would be one of those roms that can be played on a VBA. Also, is there a way to speed up the game like VBA? I mean I'll probably still play the game, but I would love the game even more if I can speed up the game when I wanted to.

Thank you!

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Can you turn this into a GBA file? Would be so cool if you could! I'm a noob at this stuff.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
no. Its not a hack, it can't just be converted. It'd require remaking completely which i'm not doing

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2014
Can I play this from start to finish yet? Have you made Pikachu a bit stronger in this game than the others? Or can you obtain a lightball? He's so weak normally :(

Also it'd be cool if Pikachu could learn volt tackle at lvl 30 or something!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Pikachu gets the Light Ball when you first catch it, so its available from the start.

Currently the inaccessable places are:
Route 21
Cinnabar Island
Route 20
Seafoam Islands
Route 19
Viridian Gym
Victory Road
Indigo Plateau
Unknown Dungeon

Pikachu can only learn Volt Tackle officially via breeding

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Need Info/Help
Does anyone know what the encounter levels for missing no were in yellow?
Still looking for (HGSS Style):
Rocker overworld and trainer sprite
Engineer overworld and trainer sprite
Lorelei trainer sprite.
Agatha trainer sprite.

0.18 Progress
Sprite re-positioned: 87%
Testing: 61%

Back