• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
Years
I hated how slow the game was. :P
Took way to long to get anywhere, even with a bike.
I also hated the Rocket Hideout. Too much spinning. :P
And catching a Nidoran♂ and raising it up in that one little patch of grass just to fight Brock was SO annoying in Yellow.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
Yeah, I made it through the Rock Tunnel without Flash too. I was a stupid little kid who didn't talk to NPCs or read a lot of the text, so I had no idea that I needed to use Flash. I was on a plane for about 4 hours, and it actually took almost the whole flight to get through that place.

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
For me it was always Mount Moon (until I remembered Rocktunnel and getting through it w/out flash!) and definitely the super confusing Silph Co. Also, I hated how insanely hard it was to get through SEAFOAM ISLANDS.

Oh, and grinding a Caterpie to kill brock was a super annoying part!

Last edited:

dozo

party hardy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 3, 2014
Hahhaa... well
When I got to the first town and couldn't figure out how to get to the gym leader or get to the next town. I don't know why that was so hard

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
The part that most annoyed me is that I really wanted a Houndoom for the Elite Four, and then I realized that I couldn't get one until I beat the elite four. Also, none of my friends had gotten that far, so they couldn't trade me one. However, I ended up training an Arcanine that I really liked, and I ended up catching a Houndour and being very disappointed with my Houndoom's stats. :/

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2013
Battling a Bellsprout/Ekans with Wrap.... You can't land a freaking attack and it just does damage EVERY turn you try... only for them to let go and then have the first move to use Wrap AGAIN -_-

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
The two things that annoyed me were: Lt. Surge's Gym and the slowpoke/butterfree trainers.

Lt. Surge's gym was just stupidly long. I know I once spent a solid 5 minutes looking for that damned switch combo.

The trainer above Nugget Bridge had a Slowpoke that was a lot stronger than it needed to be imo. Same goes for the Butterfree trainer in between Saffron and Vermillion.

Raizhu

the end
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2012
The fact that HM05 (Flash) wasn't where it should be, and thus I had to go through Rock Tunnel without any lighting. I'm actually still in there, trying to find a way out. -_-"

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Lucky me. In my 100+ playthroughs of Red, Blue, and Yellow, I've memorized the path as well as every pokemon belonging to every trainer in the game, and every item

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2022
Cycling Road was quite annoying especially trying to track back up hill. Also if your Pokemon got a status effect such as poison or what not you would drain their health so fast. Another thing that was quite annoying was trying to catch legendary Pokemon with anything other then a master ball. This of course is the same in all Pokemon games but back then i remember stressing over which Pokemon to save the master ball on. Mewtwo, The legendary birds, or a few other harder to obtain Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
I absolutely couldn't stand the fact that you could only get Farfetch'd through trade. Because I like to level my Pokemon evenly and level them to the point where they destroy the gym leader I'm about to face and the stupid Farfetch'd would always start disobeying me. So annoying :I.

Castgurl

The Cuban Artist ~
Years
A few things bugged the hell outta me back in my Blue/Yellow days...

When you're in Victory Road, right? And you have to use strength to move the boulders into the correct spots..and every 2-3 steps a freaking Machop or Onix would appear...lawwwwwl and that was BEFORE N64 released Pokemon Stadium lmao! Go-go slow-mo gameboy, clunk..of..oldschool sweetness -.-

Another thing was with the Missingno trick.

My friend did the trick for me on my game, and almost half of my pokemon turned into Rhydon...like I needed another 50 of em in the game lmfao.

80s.haircut.man

SuperBanned
Years
Now take aaaaaaaaaall the s*** that everyone mentioned, and do it all...

With only. Magikarp.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ :t129: щ(゚Д゚щ)

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2012
The fact that 80% of time you ran out of item space and had to get rid of some, and some useless HMs and Key Items wouldn't go away, just lovely

Years
Battling a Bellsprout/Ekans with Wrap.... You can't land a freaking attack and it just does damage EVERY turn you try... only for them to let go and then have the first move to use Wrap AGAIN -_-

Yea, that was very frustrating indeed

... and finding out about HM Flash AFTER going through rock tunnel :/

Oh yeah, and the fact that you couldn't forget TM's, so you're stuck with Cut and Flash for the entire game

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2012
Trying to evolve a Magicarp or Abra...

And caves.
Caves sucked so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back