• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2012
When I saw the sprites for the first time, Eelektross looked amazing to me (It still does) but it ended up not being all too good

Beheeyem too

Years
After my first playthrough, I was disappointed in my Reuniclus, but then I checked the nature: it was Adamant. After that letdown, I tried one again and was blown away by the PPPPPOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! (Sorry about that).

As for actual disappointments, Samurott was definitely one worth mentioning. It just wasn't strong enough later in-game, but then again, there weren't many Water-types in this generation. Once I beat that run-through, I decided that Samurott was definitely the worst Water starter.

Druddigon and Liepard were awfully disappointing as well, looking cool, but in actuality being quite weak.

Wtf are you talking about dude?s&murott.
- x scissor
- megahorn

Name another water starter rhat can defend itself to a grass with spd priority. But the whole reason I decided to 'scald' you is that I also agree in it be%ng a disapointment.

Why?
Its final evolution looks like a 5th evolution more than a 3rd how the hell did a shell bearing otter turn into a slowking slaying salty sea dog in 19 levels

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
Mine was......I guess Archeops. It looked epic, but when I saw the ability, I was like "did Nintendo really need to ruin this guy?"

Samurott was also rotten. (LOL)
I used it as my first starter because it's quite balanced stat-wise, but all of it's moves where physical-based, while my special stat was higher......After that, I reset my game.

Years
Samurott was also rotten. (LOL)
I used it as my first starter because it's quite balanced stat-wise, but all of it's moves where physical-based, while my special stat was higher......After that, I reset my game.

next time try to swap the moves :)
i have 2 of it, a modest with Surf/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Scald
and training an adamant Sword Dance Samurott...both are powerful, but i like the physical so much :D

btw the worst is Blitzle/Zebstrika. nice speed, special and physical stats, but the Def is terrible. just used to capture the stationaries with flash and paralyze :D

never tried Purrloin/Liepard...

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Sorry to be contoversial ;) but i liked liepard! It's great, mine had a anture that lowered its special attack and raised its defence, and i gave it defence and sp defence ev's so it wasnt as frail!

Also my swoobat was great aswell, it swept ghetis at level 50, appart from hydregion :)

My biggest letdown was Gigalith, if it had higher special attack it would be great, as it can learn power gem, solar beam etc, but it has a narrow physical movepool :(

Also alomomola...again due to low special attack

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
One PKMN that I really liked since the beginning was Gardobor, when I saw his move pool that was disapointing... I still like the design and so, it deserved a better move pool.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Lots of people say Purrloin/Liepard are disappointing... but they are one of those Pokemon which evolve quickly and become useless quickly as well. There should be nothing good to expect from Pokemon available from beginning of game and which evolve to final stage at lv 20.

I think Trubbish/Garbodor are disappointing because of their garbage movepool lacking of physical attacks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Well the elemental monkeys come to mind due to rather bland design, forgettable movepool, and mediocre stats in general, at least imo anyways.

Also Druddigon, my god was that thing a letdown when I used it in the Opelucid City Gym at the time but what made it such a burden for me was its god awful special attack and speed which didn't allow for much flexibility sadly imo.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
When I saw the sprites for the first time, Eelektross looked amazing to me (It still does) but it ended up not being all too good

Beheeyem too

I actually thought Eelektross was a really good Pokemon. It had good stats and a great ability, and I used it on my first playthrough and really liked it. As for Beheeyem, it lived up to my expectations as an alright Pokemon. It's main problem is that it was shunted to the middle of the Psychics of Generation V, being stronger than Musharna, Swoobat, and Gothitelle, but weaker than Reuniclus and Sigilyph.

I'm restarting my White soon, and I'm going to give Samurott a second chance. I'm going to try for a better nature.

Another disappointing Pokemon from this region was Golurk. I used it recently, and it was surprisingly unable to take hits. It also had a hard time beating anything, despite it's decent moveset. My Golurk's nature wasn't even bad (It was just a wildcard nature). It really let me down, and I definitely won't be using one again.

Years
  • Age 117
  • Seen May 11, 2012
Serperior was so bad. I, after 6 months of waiting, traded a Lillipup for an Oshawott, who is now level 97 and has sent my Serperior to the storage box.

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
My least favorite were Reshiram, Zekrom, Serperior, Beartic and most of all Scolipede.

I hated the legendaries mainly because of their design, especially reshiram, it was just horrible to look at something which is entirely white!

As for serperior, being a snake I thought it would have high attack or atleast sp. attack, but it turns out it was the opposite. It has terrible offensive stats and moveset, and being a starter it should be able to hit harder. Restarted the game when I got to the 2nd gym.

On to Beartic, it completely disappointed me hugely, it was too slow and needed better defenses. It just kept dieing, and being outsped by like everything. Its learnset is also crap, by the time you have caught it all it learns is ice and normal moves(and rest).

Lastly is Scolipede. It looks baddass, but when I got round to using it it was too slow to level up and is too weak later in the game. It also learns crap moves, and with that has no defense or attack. All it has is speed which is useless considering its moves and the rest of its stats. One of my least favorite pokemon ever.

Years
  • Seen May 4, 2012
Vanilluxe. It fainted everytime it got hit by a attack and it never destroyed foes Pokemon by one hit.

Years
Vanilluxe. It fainted everytime it got hit by a attack and it never destroyed foes Pokemon by one hit.

I don't find Vanilluxe disappointing, it has very well-balanced stats.

It can even raise its Defense with Acid Armor. It's actually a very good Pokemon.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Pokemon I found disappointing:

522.gif
523.gif

Blitzle & Zebstrika
A Zebra Pokemon was something I always wanted but unfortunately it didn't live up to my expectations. Blitzle's defenses are so low it falls easily so guys, if you are training one please give it an Exp. Share. After evolving, Zebstrika's defenses are finally patched up but a lack of good moves was bad. Mine was able to beat Elesa's whole team though cos I did an Attract + Shock Wave + Flame Charge strategy. At least the design is awesome.

509.gif
510.gif

Purrloin & Liepard
Its defenses are so frail and all its stats suck apart from Speed. Also, it starts out really weak offense-wise and takes way too long to learn Night Slash. Definitely the worst of the cat Pokemon IMO.

568.gif
569.gif

Trubbish & Garbodor
These Poison-types really stink, don't use them. They are physical-based but the problem is the only physical STAB move they learn is Gunk Shot which is so inaccurate. And the Garbodor with Weak Armor are even worse. Hate Garbodor...

590.gif
591.gif

Foongus & Amoonguss
These Pokemon are so crap, they are really sluggish and their attacks don't do much. I didn't really enjoy them a lot cos of that.

618.gif

Stunfisk
One word, derp. Very slow and its like a terrible novelty Pokemon.

631.gif

Heatmor
Definitely the worst of the Unova Fire-types.

599.gif
600.gif
601.gif

Klink, Klang & Klinklang
I love these gears, they were OK. The problem is they are physical attackers and they don't have the right movepool to pull it off.

519.gif
520.gif
521.gif

Pidove, Tranquill & Unfezant
I love the design, but the movepool is terrible. Physical based but the only physical Flying-type attacks they can learn are Fly, Pluck and Aerial Ace. I still enjoyed using Air Cutter/Air Slash on a Super Luck Unfezant equipped with Scope Lens. If you want to use this pigeon, get Super Luck for the ability cos Big Pecks is terrible.

615.gif

Cryogonal
I love the design but its defense is so terrible despite being a special wall. It's like an Ice-type Blissey in some way. At least it gets an interesting movepool though.

621.gif

Druddigon
One word, terrible Speed. Good movepool and abilities make up for it though.

616.gif
617.gif

Shelmet & Accelgor
They are very interesting but their strategies are so different. Shelmet uses defensive tactics but when it evolves, it has to adapt to being offensive. Accelgor's defenses and movepool sucked despite the cool design.

588.gif
589.gif

Karrablast & Escavalier
Cool designs but Escavalier's real dilemma is Speed. So sluggish everything will attack before it unless if it's Munchlax or Shuckle. Like Accelgor, Escavalier's movepool also didn't live up to expectations.

594.gif

Alomomola
I like it's amazing support movepool but on the offensive spectrum, it's physical-based but lacks good physical Water-type attacks. Just focus on its support moves and you should be fine.

527.gif
528.gif

Woobat & Swoobat
The design looks cute and quirky but their stats all stink apart from Speed. At least they can learn Acrobatics, which is nice.

555-zen.gif

Darmanitan (Zen Mode)
I hate it cos when Zen Mode triggers, you are so close to getting knocked out which is bad considering Zen Mode slows Darmanitan down and turns it into a Special attacker. Sheer Force is the much better ability.

quoted for truth for everyone of them! Very good analysis! There were so many disappointments with pokemon in this gen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
The Snivy line all the way. I boxed it while it was a Servine because it either died in every battle or took forever to win because it had literally no attack power. It was the only starter I ever gave up on halfway through. Even Chikorita wasn't that bad >_>

Years
The Snivy line all the way. I boxed it while it was a Servine because it either died in every battle or took forever to win because it had literally no attack power. It was the only starter I ever gave up on halfway through. Even Chikorita wasn't that bad >_>

I tried all 3 out and Oshawott was the one I was most satisfied with, Tepig is 2nd best and Snivy is the worst.

Snivy = Good defenses and speed, terrible offenses and HP.
Tepig = Good offenses and HP, terrible defenses and speed.
Oshawott = All-rounder but leans towards the offensive spectrum.

I 100% agree with you Rechi.

Years
One comes quickly to mind...
I personaly think Poison Pokemon are a waste of space, but seriously, Garbodor.
It is basically a pile of trash, (no pun intended) that can only beat Trubbishes and the occasional weedy Grass Pokemon, which aren't much better if you ask me.
On top of that, it's just scary. The stuff of nightmares.
I guess you just have to accept that evry generation has it's oddities, I mean, dont start me on Jynx...

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
Years
OMG, Tepig, you useless pokemon.....
Dearie me if sucked. I played through first with Snivy, no trouble, then again with Oshawott; didn't evolve it because I loathe the design of the final evo. Struggled to beat Elite 4.

Super disappointed in the starters.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
well i thought Garbodor was gonna be good but it was just useless

Madam Cheezy

Imakuni Trainee
Years
It's been said so many times, but...

Purrloin/Liepard
This one was at level 26 and got knocked out by a wild Pokemon half it's level. Into the box it went.

Audino
Adorable as hell, but, it's kinda made just for support. You know it's bad when Giga Impact has no real impact. Sill went to the E4 with it, though.

Blitzle/Zebstrika
If you lasted more than 3 turns with this guy, it was pure luck. Went to the E4 with this one too. Slepnir should of been named Kamakaze though.

Tepig line
Just for the looks. And did we really need another Fire/Fighting?

And, I guess I'm one of the strange ones, but, I liked the Snivy line. And Trubbish/Garbadour. Maybe because I've always had a soft spot for Grassies, and derpiness. :D

Back