• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Golurk your art is so big :O Don't worry, I'll resize them for ya. n_n;

First post has been updated everyone!

Sunny (which is you, Sunfished n_n); I like the evolution so far. It looks like a much more complete thought than it did before. Seems more organized and easy to look at. Also, I'll just go ahead and search for the names of the grass guys. Or make something up on the spot. xP It's not like it can't be revised!

Years
Ooh sunfished, I like the new design! I think it should be an eency bit taller so its stature is more discernible from the second evo, but looking good!

@Alexial I was thinking it seemed a bit legendary too. It could always be the mew/celebi/jirachi/shaymin/victini of the region?

And I also decided to try out the ground eeveelution. Sand Eevee

I made its second half sand since antaeus gains his power from the earth, and there's a skull on its head since antaeus would collect the skulls of his enemies. Thoughts?

I also got bored and doodled up some simple Hippocampi mons. They're simple but I think it's a good start to elaborate on?

Hippocamp 1 | Hippocamp 2

@Alexial It's giant I know :'( My camera (which I found so that's why you can actually see the images haha) likes to make them huge and I'm not sure how to fix that. So resizing would be awesome! :D

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
So..umm.. What Lex said I've been thinking about like a lynx eevee pokemon I've sketched it down too.. Damn internet is slow today. If you're curious on what is a Lynx this is a lynx: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iberian_lynx . And I've been thinking like the Messenger God aka Apollo is a insect like bumblebee. Bug/Fire Typing. Cuz Apollo represents the healer and the plague. Heal cuz it can pollinate and bring life and it can bring hurt with its sting.

Source: GOOGLE

EDIT: Here's the Pick:http://imgur.com/o34mTqM

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I think the grass evo design looks more like a better second evo to be honest but still looks amazing. The second evo will be called Hornevine

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
@ Krieg : Perfect! Exactly what I was looking for. It think I'm going to add a section in the main post for reference photos, so we have a collection for our artists to check. What do you think? I love the story for the bird too. It gives it a read depth of character. Moreover, it's not like Pokemon are immune from wearing clothes / using weapons. So it's got authenticity to it! Yeah, I love it. And the moth feels bug/poison to me because of that purple. But that seems a little generic.. maybe Bug Ghost?

Bug/Ghost sounds good. I was thinking that they could have some sort of reference to Titania and Oberon. (the Queen and King of fairies) The female could be ghost and I thought the male or "king" counterpart could be steel or dragon. And it could have some sort of armor and lance. A bit like dragoon. (heavy horsemen) You know. A Bug Knight to put it bluntly. And as for the female. The ghost suits well. Either that or psychic.
Thoughts?
EDIT: Ice types for Alexial. Hmm. Well one could be an arctic fox. I guess thete isnt one yet so that would be unique. Then there is Ymir who is a huge Ice giant. But that is more of a norse mythology. Hmm. Harpies could be ice/flying type. Also there are the Gorgon sisters. (you know medusas big and little sister) And then there is the Ferryman. Whats his name... The guy at river styx. charon? No thats his roman name... (back to research)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
I think that all the mythology is great but we shouldn't just go for that!! I got an idea of a candy pokemon what are the thoughts??

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
hornedlizard31-shrunk_zpsa7b02ba8.png

So, somehow he turned into a t-rex.

Oh, so here's the lore behind those 'fancy types':
the Grass/Fire Jack o' Lantern is probably from some kind of myth
Fire/Water can be a steamed crustacean of some sort
Water/Grass can be medusa, with vines covering its eyes

Also, I agree with Jet about not overly focusing on greek mythology. maybe, we should throw in a few 'basic' designs, just for good measure!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Well, I think I might want to try doing this, considering I get bored a lot and tend to doodle and create random pokemon anyways. I've created a number . . . but many of them were complete crap and I no longer have any of my information on them, lol.

Okay, with much digress, I seem to be stuck on how to properly execute a Rock or Ground Eevee, so I'm putting it on stall for now...

I guess this means that anyone can attempt it, and I'm free to do something else.

I actually have an old drawing on my deviantART of a Rock-type Eeveelution. It was a while ago, so I don't think I have the original drawing, but I could attempt redrawing it.
I'll look for the old drawing, considering it had some information on the pokemon itself on the back.
Thing is, it's not really . . . Greek. It's kind of just there, lol. I could redraw it or something, I suppose.

Here's the picture on dA: <clicky>

I also tried a Steel-Type Eeveelution when I did this, but it came out . . . fairly horrible.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Candy Pokemon...mmmm.... Sounds Deli- Fantastic but 1 question though. If we're hungry and we have Candy Pokemon... Do we eat them? And if we do..Does that make us cannibals? :D

The answer is an emphatic yes. To eating them. >:3

And yeah, if you guys want to branch out from the Greek mythology thing a bit, awesome! n_n; As you guys can see, I'm being pretty lenient with what designs get it. So really, go crazy. We can weed out stuff later. Right now, I just want to draw, you know? :p Sorry if that doesn't sound too "orderly" but, eh. lol

I was thinking the greek thing was best suited for legendaries and starters anyway.

@ Nakuzami : WOO MOAR PEOPLEEE

Nah, if you'd like to join in, cool! Just give us your designs and we'll work with them. n_n;

edit : and yo, Nakuzami, I've been secretly admiring your signature forever now <3

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
So I made some sketches of a few pokémon. The pictures are low quality (I don't have a scanner, so the quality won't ever be great, lol) and the pokémon aren't very detailed as of yet, but hey, here they are.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Lol, well, thanks, Alexial. d:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Oooo I like that golden ram. It's got a very houndoom feel to it. Love all of your details too. We really need things like names / types / abilities/ etc

I started on a sketch of that jeweled bird. Kinda iffy on it. :( Thinking of making this the ancient bird cause it feels like it should be I guess.

ancient_bird_zpsbe71a67c.png

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm interesting in attempting to help you guys. I already have the design for some Fakemon, which have been around since before this thread, but I never used them for anything online.

One of them is based on a rabbit, though. Would that mean it can't be used because of the rabbit-based starter, or would it depend on the similarity between the two?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Honestly, this is more of a "let's just throw things at each other and see what happens." kind of project. Just feel free to join in, and together we all will bask in the glory of our teamwork! :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D

Oh yeah, a little off topic, but what timezones are you all in? because alot of stuff happens when I go to sleep, and then when I'm awake barely anyone ever says anything...

DaydreamsAway

<---- MAH WAIFU :3
Years
Honestly, this is more of a "let's just throw things at each other and see what happens." kind of project. Just feel free to join in, and together we all will bask in the glory of our teamwork! :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D

Oh yeah, a little off topic, but what timezones are you all in? because alot of stuff happens when I go to sleep, and then when I'm awake barely anyone ever says anything...

Dat :D... Well it kinda is Summer here so... I'd probably be online everyday till June.. But I'm in GMT+8 so...yeah...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
omg you guys this thread moves so fast xDD and it's too early for me to think about timezones, is that information helpful? ;p

But yeah, Slender, this project is super lenient. Just give us what you got! :D

Anyway, I don't know what a rockhopper is but I like it!

I'll update the first post.. at some point today.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
So, Jet gave me an idea, but first I think Kreig needs to "cool down"!
pangandsteig_zps115724b1.png

:D

penglide_zpse8c44ba7.png

Introducing an unnamed annoying rockhopper!
This guy is so troublesome, that trainers often get blasted in the face with an Icy Wind for complaining about how hot it is!

Back