• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Maneachicken said:
Gah! I Can't find a tool that lets me edit trainer Battles, the Sprite of the Trainer and Their Pokemon. I've searched here on C and all over on Google. and I've had enough. If anyone could tell me where to find one Id go Nuts and be really really happy. Thanks In Advance,

Maneachicken.

For which game do you want these?

For trainer sprites and pokemon sprites: unLZ GBA (EliteMap)
Trainer battke editing: A-Battle, PET (EliteMap)

PikaRom

The Punk Nerd
Years
Thingy32 Text Problem

I am making a hack of Pokemon Red and am using Thingy32. I have found the text I want to edit in Thingy, press the spacebar by the text I want to edit, type in the new text, but nothing changes. Is there a solution to this problem?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
PikaRom, sweetie. According to the readme, it says once you edit the text you wanted to edit, just hit enter or escape and it should save it. I'm not sure if this is the best solution to your problem, though. You might want to try another hex editor, sweetie. ^^;

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Problem with elitemap

Im having a "run time" error everytime i selct a map can anyone help me out ? :).

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2008
ssj said:
Im having a "run time" error everytime i selct a map can anyone help me out ? :).

Well, me too, but it's only for Fire Red and new maps I inserted into Leaf Green. I'm guessing that the offsets in your pokeroms.ini aren't matching those in your ROM. That's assuming you're using Elite Map.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Renumbering Pokedex?

I was wondering if it is possible, or if there is already a tool available, that would allow you to renumber the Pokedex in the Advance games. I'm currently working on a Sapphire Hack, and was just curious whether this is possible or not...

SeanAir

The Avenger
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2008
Some thing is wrong with Pet. When i change the attack of a trainners pokemon it ends up being a different one in the game. Can some one help me out??

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 27, 2010
Yeah...PET... What are the Pokemons Names in the code form?, or does anyone have a chart. I want to edit Brocks pokemon.

Jeremy

Years
To SeanAir, what game your hacking? And are editing trainers or Gym leaders, because only Gym leaders', Elite four members' and re-battlible (thats a word...now XD) trainers' Pokémon have specific attacks. If its a trainer, you might want to make sure you edit the right one, sweetie.

To Maneachicken, your pokeroms.ini file needs to be updated, err fixed.

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
Can someone tell me how to make a story line for example team rocket invade the elite 4 or something like that.:) Im also having a probelm opening roms up with visual boy advance as i downloaded pokemon emerald (U) and it works perfect but when ever i try any other rom such as Fire red (which i downloaded 6 times now) it doesnt work all i get is a white screen on the visual boy advance. I also get a run time error on mostly every program that there is for pokemon hacking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
HI i forgot the name of the sprite editor that has a metroid slime as icon anyone remember the name?

Jeremy

Years
ssj said:
Can someone tell me how to make a story line for example team rocket invade the elite 4 or something like that.:) Im also having a probelm opening roms up with visual boy advance as i downloaded pokemon emerald (U) and it works perfect but when ever i try any other rom such as Fire red (which i downloaded 6 times now) it doesnt work all i get is a white screen on the visual boy advance. I also get a run time error on mostly every program that there is for pokemon hacking.
For storyline help, it requires an imagination, plagarizism, and scripting. XD Have you got the latest version of VBA? If not than goto options/emulator/ and uncheck remove GBA intro. Hope that helped sweetie.

HackMaster72

Ruby+HackMaster= Rubikonartist
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
Rubikon Help!

I am making a trainer, but whenever i change the script to a trainer and compile it, it says it compiled correctly, but when i look at the code its just:

nop
#raw 0x5B
end

No matter what i do it comes to that. and if I do try and battle it, my screen goes, not black or white, but RED!? Can someone please help me with this.

Years
I have some questions:

-Is there a way to make it where pokemon can grow to levels above 100? I wanted to make it where they could go up to 250.
-(To anyone who uses it)I was using a map editing thing(Silver Version)(it's called "goldmap", or something like that), and wherever theres a door it asks where you want it to warp to, I want it to warp to a different city, is there a way to do that?(I put a cave entrance in Cianwood and I want it to exit in Cherrygrove)

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
WaterBlue

I was wondering if anyone could help me...

I have been playing and trading through the FireRed and LeafGreen roms, and I would love for there to be a WaterBlue version. It would be a hack of one of the original versions.

All I need help with in this is the following:
1. Change the title screen to feature Blastoise with a water background.
2. Change the version exclusive Deoxys from the Attack or Defense version, to the Speed version.

The only other changes I am making are wild Pokémon locations, having a mixture of Pokémon from FireRed and LeafGreen, in WaterBlue.
For example, the Pokémon you will be able to catch can be determined like this:

FireRed : Ekans and Psyduck
LeafGreen : Sandshrew and Slowpoke
so
WaterBlue: Ekans and Slowpoke.

It'll mean players of the roms will be able to play these 3 different different versions, with the 3 different starters according to the version and trade around the 3 games using VBA Link.

So, could anyone help?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
I need one helps very great. the problem is that meti script in the emerald of give pokemon everything comes out well but in the emerald I realized that stops to activate the MENU_PARTY in the emerald not sirbe setflag 0x800 as is? I need that aid as rapidly as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back