• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi I forgot to post!

So basically it was that everyone had a Delibird and a present on their team. Before the match, an importable of your "present" is given to your opponent. You choose it, they don't, and then you battle with four Pokemon, the Delbird and whatever the present is. idm if it's used or not, though. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Nica and I agreed to stick with the monocolor idea. With that said, all of the tournament themes have been set in stone. Everyone has around a month to prepare as many teams as they want for Christmas monocolor-themed OU, NU, and regular OU tournaments.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Bumping this to let everyone know that there will be two Wi-Fi tournaments during the upcoming CommDay! The themes are Christmas-themed monocolor and VGC '13. If these tours are successful, expect more support for Wi-Fi in future CommDays.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
A question. How are you gonna set up the wifi tournaments for community night? Everyone participating must log on PS? Times? Etc.?
The same as the server tournaments. The first Wi-Fi tournament will start at the beginning of CommDay, or whenever there's enough people. Everyone will need to be on the server for the sign ups, brackets, and so on. If they were held on the forum, it wouldn't really be considered CommDay anymore, and it would just be an inconvenient version of a typical forum tournament.

I can't offer times because CommDay can be really unpredictable. We generally have tournaments almost non-stop throughout the day as long as it's active. The themes listed in the first post are reused until we want something different. A Wi-Fi tournament consisting of 6-10 members will probably last around two hours (maybe longer than that because it's Wi-Fi). So, there will likely be a tournament every two hours or so, but I'm not sure when all of the Wi-Fi battlers will start logging on and when we begin the Wi-Fi tours. I could say that we'll have the Christmas tour at 8 AM EST, VGC at 10 AM, another Christmas tour at 12 PM, etc., but I'm not sure if there will be enough people to join each of those. In the last CommDay I provided a rough schedule of times for when all the tournaments are held, but not many showed up for that one. And then I had a few members asking me why "this tournament" hasn't started yet despite it being on the schedule (the reason being, there wasn't enough people).

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Welp, the issue really isn't the getting onto the server thing to sign up or whatnot. The main problem is setting a set time for the tourneys because everyone's gonna be on at different times all day and without a time set, you may never get enough wifi people online at once to start a tourney. I see your point, but the issue gets compounded by the fact that there are far fewer wifi battlers than there are sim battlers.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Welp, the issue really isn't the getting onto the server thing to sign up or whatnot. The main problem is setting a set time for the tourneys because everyone's gonna be on at different times all day and without a time set, you may never get enough wifi people online at once to start a tourney. I see your point, but the issue gets compounded by the fact that there are far fewer wifi battlers than there are sim battlers.
Thing is, we did have a set time for many of the previous CommDays (CommNight at the time), but we always had problems with getting people on at a certain time (especially due to time zones). Not to mention we had a smaller userbase then, so having a set time didn't really help. Regardless, I'll give a time that all Wi-Fi battlers can show up on just in case we have issues with the lack of sign-ups. TB told me that the TC chatroom and its regulars are most active at times from noon to midnight (EST). I was also told that certain users wake up pretty late (lol), so I think 4 PM EST should be a good time. Bear in mind that it's possible for the Wi-Fi tournaments to start earlier or later given there's enough people.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Due to Smogon taking too long to come up with something for the December version of "Seasoning's Greetings," an NU tournament hosted by Forever will be replacing that theme. For this theme, every team is required to have some form of hailstorm activation (Snover or the move Hail) in addition to the NU Pokémon of the Fortnight (Glaceon).

Last edited:
Years
Just a question, what tier would the Christmas monocolour be? OU?
And can you give us the times for the tournies

I should stop editing my post so much and actually read the OP lool

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't forget to make HAIL TEAMS with Glaceon for COMM DAY as many of you haven't D<

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Well, CommDay 8 has come to an end, I hope you all enjoyed it. You can find all of the results for the tournaments we did by clicking this link (and the Hail tournament). Anyway, I have to say that CommDay 8 was significantly better than the last successful CommDay. We peaked at 25 users both during the early hours (before noon) and during nighttime. In CommDay 6, we only reached 22 users at a specific period, whereas this time it was consistent. Additionally, we had about twice the tournaments than CommDay 6, so that's good to hear. But I'm going to cut this short since I need some sleep. Happy holidays, merry Christmas, and so on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back