• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pillars of Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
secret_by_worldslayer608-d66ab2k.png

What is this mysterious hole?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Progress still marches forward!

Slowly.

I have pretty much everything mapped out except a few select locations that are unique and will require custom tilesets for, but that is where I will be going from here and then it the world is 100% complete, there will be a slight story revamp here soon and then work on the beta begins!

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Looking forward to see more.
I love your graphics!

I don't really hang a lot in the progressing games subforum, but I really should.
I've completely missed your game up til now!

Keep up the great work! Get some more screenshots up and maybe a short video, so you can move to Games Showcase. This really deserves a lot more spotlight than it gets!

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Looking forward to see more.
I love your graphics!

I don't really hang a lot in the progressing games subforum, but I really should.
I've completely missed your game up til now!

Keep up the great work! Get some more screenshots up and maybe a short video, so you can move to Games Showcase. This really deserves a lot more spotlight than it gets!

Thanks, they went through an update not too long ago, and I will have screens showing that some day.

I honestly forget this thread exists from time to time, and since most of my work for the past couple months has been in a sketch book, I have not been posting updates for anything. My deadline on my visual board is to have a showcase thread by the end of 2013. I am a one man army here so my updates are really not something that I can constantly post at this juncture.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
I love the mapping style, and can't wait to see it in the updated graphics you mentioned.

While I can respect the importance of not revealing all major details of a game at once, I feel that it could probably help to at least list what features you intend for the game overall.

Edward Newgate

Everyone is a child of the sea
Years
Wow, the story alone makes me want to play it!

So far it sounds amazing, keep it up!
PS: Can't wait for more pictures to be shown, I really want to see more of this :D

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
THUD!

Happy Halloween everyone. A thread revamp including a story update, updated screens, and a new Development Corner coming your way hopefully by next week.

Last edited:

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Update is here! New screens, updated screens, music sample, story goodies, a returning character, list of features, and a Development Corner update for your reading pleasure. Enjoy!

The next update will showcase some of the UI changes that have been made.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years

Route 1 for Pillars of Destiny, final.

route_1_by_worldslayer608-d6t7zkm.png

Credits
System:Maruno, Poccil & Flameguru for their starter kit.
Graphics: Dewitty, Minorthreat, Alucus, Kyledove, PrinceLegendario, Erma96, Pokemoneclipse, BoOmxBiG, teaddiction, niknaks93, Light-PA, Lotusking, Tyranitardark, SirAzria, Celestospkmn.
Special Thanks: Cilerba, Chesu, F.M.P, Wichu, ~JV~, The Calis Projects Team, Abnegation, Murcurysky and everyone who supports this game.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Spoiler:

is that a box? whats it doin there? whats inside it? is it just a wild box? are there other things like that?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
is that a box? whats it doin there? whats inside it? is it just a wild box? are there other things like that?

Where I am from (hometown not San Diego), you actually see mobile homes like this parked in the woods off trails selling berries and other gathered goods, and they do have boxes outside of the camper, generally with more goods to sell that are stocked in a box which they take out during the day for more space in their camper.

So yes, those are boxes :P

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Where I am from (hometown not San Diego), you actually see mobile homes like this parked in the woods off trails selling berries and other gathered goods, and they do have boxes outside of the camper, generally with more goods to sell that are stocked in a box which they take out during the day for more space in their camper.

So yes, those are boxes :P

thats a really cool thing to add, I like that you added a real world thing into your game, its pretty neat
so, is that a trailer that sells random goods then?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
thats a really cool thing to add, I like that you added a real world thing into your game, its pretty neat
so, is that a trailer that sells random goods then?

Not necessarily random. There is a guy who sells berries, apricorns and a few other goods.

MENU WIP

For those who are interested in what is currently going on, and have not already swung by the screenshot showcase, it is time for a peek at the current development!

menu__updated__by_worldslayer608-d6tswso.png

This is currently a work in progress, and is subject to change. I am liking how it is coming along.

What do YOU FOLKS think?

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Really awesome interface, man!
Which position is the first in the party though?
Maybe you should an ornament or something to signify which slot is the first one?

Looking forward to more! :D

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
First in the party is at the top. When you open the menu, it will always be the initially highlighted option.

This is also not necessarily the party menu.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
hexagons for the win man - although to be fair, they arent circular in shade as they usually are, but they are hexegonical nonetheless! Its a cool style you're keeping fluent throughout your game so far, most notably the way its tiled like that, anyway its cool, I like it, and keep it up!

Last edited:

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
Without knowing too much of the backstory (so feel free to disregard this!), I can't help feeling, I guess, disappointed? that you've swapped out what sounds like a pretty interesting and different player character for a very standard one. especially when you've taken such great pains to create what sounds like a very plot-driven game, which is exactly the kind of game where interesting player characters really thrive.

just my 2 cents!

also (although I'm sure you hear this all the time) your sprites are gorgeous and your mapping is really quality! I really like the way your route 1 looks :)

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
Without knowing too much of the backstory (so feel free to disregard this!), I can't help feeling, I guess, disappointed? that you've swapped out what sounds like a pretty interesting and different player character for a very standard one. especially when you've taken such great pains to create what sounds like a very plot-driven game, which is exactly the kind of game where interesting player characters really thrive.

just my 2 cents!

also (although I'm sure you hear this all the time) your sprites are gorgeous and your mapping is really quality! I really like the way your route 1 looks :)

Well, sometimes it is good to go back to the basics.

While a detailed character is great for story telling, it is not great for allowing a general audience to truly assume the role. It is more about immersion that it is a creative character. A player with a more broad and general story or theme targets a wider audience in general and this was primarily done because the game offers more of an adventure style of play. People like to feel like they are playing their own character, not your version of their character. This is why it reverted back to Skyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back