• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The bottom line~Wrestling Fan Club~ WWE/TNA

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Wwelogo.svg
wwf_wrestlemania_01.png
TNA_Logo.png

Basically this is an all encompassing wrestling fan club. From John Cena, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan in WWE, to Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle, and Samoa Joe in TNA, and all ROH and independent promotions. I'd like to establish power ranking with the help of all you fans out there. We'll discuss dream matches, storylines, swerves, heels, baby faces, all time greats, new up and comers and anything else involving the almighty squared circle.

WWE POWER RANKINGS(my opinion will update when more input is given):
1)Randy Orton wwe world heavyweight champ
2)John Cena wwe poster boy(personally can't stand him but they portray him very strong)
3) CM Punk the best in the world longest reigning wwe champ in modern era
4) Daniel Bryan arguably the hottest(most popular) wrestler in the biz
5) Big E Langston Intercontinental Champ
6) Dean Ambrose US champ great talent excellent on mic
7) Roman Reigns the beast of the shield big things coming
8) The Rhodes Brothers Cody + Gold dust two of the better workers tag team champs
9)Dolph Ziggler personally my favorite besides cm punk, most underrated under utilized guys in the biz
10) Damien Sandow great heel deserves a push

TNA POWER RANKINGS(will post later)

Discussion Topic:
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO START A DISCUSSION ON ANY TOPIC OR ISSUE AT ANY TIME

Do you watch tna? If so how do you find it?

Who's your favorite superstar and diva?

Do you think the should unify the us and ic titles?

Members:
Bestintheworld
Knormageddon
Sector
Nymphadora
Magikarp from hell
Aura blackquill
Introvert
Jin of gale
AnsirentRhythm

View attachment 70713

WrestleMania-Hart-Austin.jpg
wwe_90s_10.jpg

Last edited:
Years
I love wrestling, I'm down for this.

Who do you think deserves a push in the WWE?
Cesaro/Swagger, although they're doing quite well at the moment. Tyson Kidd's a workhorse, who deserves to have his talents showcased.

Are you invested in the current scene in WWE, or is it lackluster and boring?
I'll watch every week, but if I happen to miss an episode, I'm not sure if I'll feel like I'm missing anything.

Do you watch TNA? If so, how do you find it?
I haven't watched in a long, long while. From what I remember though, it was a giant mess. The wrestling was pretty good, but the stories... Yikes.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Hey thanks for joining!! I know it's not the prettiest thread but it's wrestling who cares? Right? Anyway

I agree think the Real Americans + zeb is $$, not too big on swagger but cesaro is great, could be a main even yet easily if given correct push/story. I also think Ziggler should be a main event guy and should never be jobbing for fandango or any lower mid card guy. Wade barret should be up there too, great natural heel, good talker, this badnews barret thing is pretty lame tho hope it doesn't hurt him even more.

I think the wwe brand today is watered down. The current storylines are pretty boring, the way the portray and hold back certain talented guys is frustrating. I hate hhh n stephanie not heat wise but because their ruining the show. They force feed themselves, and short change deserving talent. I think the announcing is the worst it's ever been. Michael cole is the worst play by play guy ever, king is so out of his prime(prolly limited to what he can do tho), jbl is ok nothing I would miss if he was replaced.
I do try to watch every week, like you said I'd be in no panic if I missed any of it. I guess I wish they would go back to their cutting edge attitude era ways but I understand why they choose not to curse and do crazy **** anymore but with that being said the product could still be a hell of a lot better.

Finally tna has some good talent, Roode, angle, hardy, Aries,storm,Daniels and kaz, bully ray, Anderson, and even Magnus but Dixie has the wrong ppl calling shots and their storylines or pretty sloppy and poorly told.

Years
Haha, wrestling wasn't always the prettiest of programs on television, either. :]

The Real Americans, like you said, are money. Zeb Colter is a magician, who actually made me care about Jack Swagger last year, when they brought repackaged him. Cesaro is a fantastic wrestler, one of many great ROH graduates that completely deserves any success that comes his way. His reign as US Champion (to start) was good, and he can put on a good match with almost anyone. If the two (and Zeb) can get tag team gold, then I think that'd be "best for business". I agree with you about Ziggler, too. A year ago, he beat John Cena in the main event of the TLC pay-per-view. This year, losing to Fandango in the pre-show... And, I really like Wade Barrett. I kinda like the Bad News Barrett gimmick, but if all he's doing is just podium stuff every week, then I'm not sure how I'll feel.

The WWE programming today is certainly a lot more watered down. The Authority HAD a good story going with Bryan, and "the chase", but I think they blew it. Not because I'm a Bryan fanboy, but because there's only so long that the average fan is willing to wait for that chase to be completed... With Orton winning every pay-per-view from SummerSlam to Hell in a Cell, we didn't really have a reason to cheer for Bryan. Then, they threw Bryan to the Wyatt Family (still a good story), and threw Big Show/Cena in what should've been Bryan's place, leading the charge against the Authority ala Steve Austin against the Corporation.

Commentary... Eh. There's no denying the fact that as, perhaps, repetitive and broken-record-like Michael Cole is, the guy is an absolute workhorse (as well... I need new adjectives) behind the table. He goes a mile-a-minute with facts, and keeps right up with the action. The WWE App stuff, yeah... But still though, you can tell that he puts in a ton of work. King, you're right on the money about. When he had his heart attack, it felt a lot different, and I wasn't sure if I liked it. Cole/JR made a great pairing, and then King came back, and I felt happy about it... That being said, I don't really like King behind the table anymore. I have no idea who could possibly replace him, or if they'd roll with just Cole/JBL, but yeah, I think his time has passed. I suppose it's only soon before we find the next great colour commentator.

And yeah, TNA has a boatload of good talent there. AJ Styles (well, he's kinda still there), Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Bad Influence of Daniels and Kazarian. Even Bully Ray is a great heel. I just can't get into it, because the stories and the booking, well, WAS, everywhere. I can't say I'm fully aware of what's going on lately, but I suppose that I'll just get my TNA fix out of watching specific matches on YouTube.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Cole is a good reporter, but commentator doesn't suit him at all. He doesn't focus on what's going on in the ring enough and over emphasizes stupid stuff and under emphasizes the good stuff. He is a hard worker but I think he's on an island commentating without good ol' Jr.

The wwe definitely missed big on the Bryan angle. Just another example of them force feeding someone who's been in the spot for ten years in randy orton. I mean ortons a good wrestler but his mic work is boring from his monotone voice to his stale character. Bryan should be the champ and I'd like to see him feud with a heel punk. That would be one of the greatest wrestlemania main events in years. I foresee wwe giving us Bautista vs orton at mania for the championship with authority face turn siding with the incoming Bautista who will most likely win the rumble.

Years
Yeah, you have a point. He's a fantastic journalist, but his play-by-play isn't exactly the greatest. He needs a better colour commentator to compliment him than Jerry Lawler (JBL wouldn't be a bad choice...)

You also mention the Royal Rumble, and I am SO excited this year. There are so many potential guys who could possibly take it. Bryan, Punk, a returning Batista, a returning Sheamus, Cena (ugh... haha), Big E. For me, I think that the winner this year won't be as obvious as some of the past winners in past years (Cena last year, Edge in 2010, Orton in 2009)

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Bryan just doesn't make sense to win anymore it seems like wwe is trying to cool him off and turn him heel again. I could see punk winning and would like to see him vs orton main eventing mania. Cena well I'll just pray that doesn't happen. I don't see big e getting that kinda push just yet he still has to prove himself to me. But back to Bautista, I can't see them bringing him in to enter the rumble and lose. Especially because I heard Bautista is up for a finally two year run. Which means he will be involved a lot unlike Brock lesner. So if he's committed for a two year run, I can't see him not winning and going on to fight orton
, with hhh playing a heavy role possibly turn face and supporting Bautista against orton who could possibly have either stephanie or Vince in his corner. I think that would be the most marketable situation.

Years
^ Yep, I've heard that too. Batista is slated to come back 6 days before the Rumble takes place, it all comes down to what his intentions are. Obviously, the WWE World Heavyweight Championship is on top of his list, but it also depends on how he comes back, too. If he comes back, and destroys Orton, I can see his chances of winning going through the roof. However, if he comes back, "I'm the Animal, I'm hunting my prey, and the prize is winning the Royal Rumble", then I'm not so sure.

Bryan, the only way he'd get a real shot is if he can manage to shake the Wyatts. Punk would be good too, because he's all about fighting against the Authority, but he still has unfinished business with the Shield. Cena doesn't need the Rumble to really establish himself - he'll still play a huge role at WrestleMania, and I hope that he doesn't take the Rumble at the cost of someone else. Big E is getting quite the push right now, but maybe Rumble is still a bit too much for him. He looks like he could possibly feud with Roman Reigns of the Shield (who could actually take the Rumble too, with his monstrous popularity increase as of late).

It'll be exciting, that's for sure. :]

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Yeah I agree when Bautista arrives that first promo or his first actions will determine a lot. Reigns winning would be awesome but like big e I think they have a lot to prove b4 given that spot. I do think he is more capable and better suited than big e tho.

On to the current raw, I think Seth Rollins may be one of the best workers in the wwe. By far the most athletic. His match against cena last week on smackdown was cents best match in awhile and Rollins really shined, given the right setting and build Rollins vs punk could be epic.

Are you as sick of brad Maddox as I am? Lol

Ohhhhhhhhh **** The Beast Incarnite Brockkkkk Lesner is back and says he's aiming for the wwe world heavyweight championship. You think it's legit and he gets the title or is it another one off match for the beast?

Last edited:
Years
Seth Rollins, through a lot of his matches with Daniel Bryan, The Brotherhood, The Usos, and now these past two with John Cena and CM Punk, proved that he can really go with the best of them. He pulled the best match out of Cena since Cena's come back from his surgery. 2014 will be a big year for Rollins, and with the WWE teasing this Shield split, there's so mamy ways that Rollins' career can blossom.

Brad Maddox... I like him, but I wouldn't lose sleep if he lost his job as GM, haha.

Brock Lesnar. There is not much room for denying the fact that wrestling benefits from having The Beast Incarnate show up. A few years ago when he was rumoured to return, I wasn't too sure how I felt about him coming back, after the way he left... Then, he came back and had an AWESOME feud with Cena. Then Triple H. Then Punk. Needless to say, I'm excited for this story, because it's his first one since returning that deserves main event status (he had it with Cena a few years ago, but Punk was champion, and I'm a traditionalist where 9/10 times, title match should be the main event feud). Also, even seeing the Paulrus at his side as his manager makes for great television. Apparently, Vince McMahon told writers to forget about the concept of faces/heels... So, who knows how this could work?

I actually was just writing my predictions involving Orton/Cena/Lesnar, when I remembered something: The winner of the Royal Rumble is guarenteed a title shot, and since there's only one main event title, that makes that match set. So, when the Royal Rumble is complete, there's 4 big names to worry about, because unless lightning strikes and something happens, 1 or maybe even 2 of Orton/Cena/Lesnar will be in the WrestleMania main event, with the Rumble Winner. Does Brock win when he gets his shot? I think it comes down to who wins at the Rumble.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'll join. :]

Who do you think deserves a push in the WWE?
In my opinion, Roman Reigns. He may not receive a push until Shield breaks up though, which could take a while.

Are you invested in the current scene in WWE or is it lackluster and boring?
Definitely invested in it. WWE hasn't been this interesting since quite a long time, to be honest. Brock's back, championships are being unified, Daniel's turned heel, Batista's returning… a lot of things are going on at the moment; how could you not be interested?

Do you watch TNA? If so how do you find it?
Used to, but not anymore. It was an okay show few years ago, but now, it's got boring and repetitive.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I'm definitely in this!

Who do you think deserves a push in the wwe?
Definitely Roman Reigns, the guy is a natural. He's got everything he needs to be the next breakout star! I love the Shield myself, it would suck to see them split, but Roman will be big.

Are you invested in the current scene in wwe or is it lackluster and boring?
I watch it every week basically, there are times where I'll end up forgetting about WWE being on for several weeks or so, but I usually get caught up pretty quick when I watch one or two WWE shows following it. I only watch WWE, I don't invest in other wrestling franchise.

Do you watch tna? If so how do you find it?
Don't watch TNA, my dad does watch every form of wrestling there is, so that's how I know about it.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Welcome sector and nymphadora!!

This raw definitely just rearranged the landscape and revitalized things for me definitely. I watch every week but you can't tell me this past raw wasn't the best in quite some time. Not overly thrilled about orton/cena at the rumble because if cena wins they'll have a rematch if it results in a disqualification which is my guess, we will prolly have to see it again. I like orton in ring but nothing else really stale and boring. Cena is the opposite not great in ring but can cut good promos at times can be repetitive and boring tho. I was thrown tho when Brock said he didn't need to win the rumble for a title shot. Could we see someone else win(Bautista is my guess) and hhh turn on orton and align with lesner turning the main event at mania a triple threat match for the title? That would be epic but this past raw has certainly elevated my interest. Business is about to pick up!

Last edited:
Years
Hey, I was just watching this clip from Main Event, and I'm kinda impressed. Now, I don't watch Main Event (I don't even think that we get it in Canada), but I heard this was a good segment, and so I looked it up, and yeah, it's pretty impressive (to me, at least).

So, as you probably know, Tons of Funk split a few weeks ago, and now Brodus Clay has turned heel. He's lost a few times since (embarassingly...), but he came on MizTV and cut a pretty good heel promo. Thinking of the big picture... What do you think about the "Main Event Playa"? Think he'll pan out? Think he'll be a bust?

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Idk dude I don't see anything above average about that segment. Brodus is a decent talker good to finally see him turn heel, but if his new gimmick is him being a "main event playa" I don't see it catching. He has a different body type which is good not cut up like everyone else but it might hurt him. Finally most importantly his in ring ability hasn't impressed at all ever so until he steps that up I don't think he can launch himself into the upper echelon of superstars.

EDIT: Old school raw kinda sucked, opinions?

Last edited:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Who do you think deserves a push in the wwe? -
Miz cause he is doing well with his miz TV

Are you invested in the current scene in wwe or is it lackluster and boring? -

No.. i only get excited when some big stars come like John Cena or Randy Orton,Sheamus,Rock or any legend or any big superstar. And i really like when wrestler have converstation cause many times someone get their ass kicked. Like rock did with Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes a very long ago. But i haven't watched WWE from years. But i get updated with it by net & twitter. I don't have the channel in my tv dish where india air WWE.
But i alway get updated with WWE by net.

Do you watch tna? If so how do you find it?-
I don't watch TNA. Cause i din't found it interesting enough. But there are too many legend and great wrestlers who retired or left WWE. Well WWE is the no. 1 wrestling broadcasting show in the World History.

Years
Didn't see your edit, Bestintheworld. I thought that, for the most part, Old School Raw was decent, actually. Piper's Pit is always exciting to me, and it was really exciting to me to see Ambrose in the ring with one of his 3 idols, Piper. While some matches weren't that great (Khali/Sandow, Aksana and Alicia Fox/Bellas), seeing the legends was pretty cool.

And of course, Jake The Snake...

I follow DDP and Jake through their YouTube channel/Twitter, and it's just tremendous what Jake has gone through, where he's come from to get where he is now. For a dude who wished he was dead a few short years ago, he looked very much alive on Monday.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Ya I follow ddp jake and scott hall and it's awesome to see what's jake and Scott have overcome and how far they've made it. Jakes closing segment was epic definitely highlight of the show. I did feel more pumped before the show than after tho, I was expecting a lil more but nonetheless entertaining show.

How do you guys think the wwe network will do? Are you interested in purchasing it?

I think for $9.99 a month which includes all the ppvs and original shows and classic matches and old school footage u reallly can't beat it. Also it's giving work to retired wrestlers which is always good.

Years
How do you guys think the WWE network will do? Are you interested in purchasing it?

I'm absolutely hoping that it's successful. They're really going on a limb on this, and going all in. Every PPV for $9.99 a month?! That's borderline insane. Not to mention, old PPV's, classic matches, new programming... Truly remarkable stuff.

Will I buy it? Well, I'd love to. It's a good investment, I'll just have to see how much time I have by the time it comes to Canada.

Years
I don't know if we can ask questions ourselves, but which superstars do you think are 'the future'?

These guys are already big names but I think they will be/ still be world champ material:

Age 33 and Punk 34
Randy Orton (Already is at the top)
Daniel Bryan (Already is at the top)
CM Punk (Already is at the top)
Wade Barrett
Dolph Ziggler

Under 30
Dean Ambrose (Will be at the top for sure, mark my words)
Seth Rollins
Roman Reigns (Will be at the top for sure, mark my words)
Cody Rhodes (Will be at the top for sure, mark my words)
Damien Sandow
Bray Wyat
The Usos
Mason Ryan
Alex Riley (hope he wrestles again instead of broadcasting)

Of course wrestlers will come and go..

Back