• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm making a Pok?mon game in rm2k3 ^-^ and i want to make a system that you can use one Pok?mon at the time. (You select one in the field and then when you battle, you fight only with one PoK?mon in the party. A sort of party switch)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey for ledges you need to have the event " above hero "
Hope this helps, and hope you read it anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jul 31, 2006
hey! It works! thanks eh! The only thing i hafta do is to make him only jump when hes facing down...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I'm glad you question was answered pichaque!

Sharpedo> There are many ways you can do a party switch. But it really depends on how you're doing your battle system (CBS, ABS, DBS, etc). One thing you might want to try is saving all your party members identities in a variable and then removing all of them but the first one. After battle you can have an event returning everyone else to your party that were saved in the variables. Do you understand how you may want to accomplish this or do you want me to explain myself a bit more? The key with RM2K is creatively using the resources and commands to do something totally different than the default.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
If hero facing down: Start jump, down, end jump.
Else: Hero move down (Trying to recreate when you try
to go up a hill but it's too high and you slide down.)

And I had to start my game again.
Thanks for asking.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Anyway, anyone have a Viridian City chipset?
(Fire Red, Leaf Green) I don't know exactly how to make
those, and the VBA tools don't work for me.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Anyway, anyone have a Viridian City chipset?
(Fire Red, Leaf Green) I don't know exactly how to make
those, and the VBA tools don't work for me.

Sorry, don't have any. But, what you can do is take screen captures from the VBA rom and move things around in a chipset in a program like iDraw 3, a free drawing tool made specifically for RM2K, especially for drawing Charsets. It's good for everything though!

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Thanks Darkmage! I appreciate it.

-Edit-

How bad would the lag be on a 500x500 map?

-Edit-

Sorry for double posting.

Last edited:
Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Thanks Darkmage! I appreciate it.

-Edit-

How bad would the lag be on a 500x500 map?

-Edit-

Sorry for double posting.

Depends on your events/common events, some of them can have alot of lag if you scripted them wrong.. but it shouldnt really lag on 500 x 500 map, i've tested it a few times, i got no lag from it.. but if it lags too much, cut your map up into regions (if your making a world map)

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Thanks for the advice, but I keep getting the
feeling that if I cut my maps to much, it wont
feel natural. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.
(What I mean by lag is not about the speed.
When I walk around, there are these weird horizontal lines
coming out and disappearing.)

-Edit-

Could someone tell me the sizes and what colour map
I should save my charasets, chipsets, pictures, e.t.c.
(size: ????x???? Save as: 256/ 24 bit/ 16 bit e.t.c )
Things like that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
Hi everyone. This is like my first time here and I discover about rm2k this week and so i gave it a try. I'm making a pokemon game too and so far its going very good :) but I need some help on battle system. I want it to look just like how the official pokemon battle but I dont know how i could do it since I'm just new and still learning the program. I been only using the program for a couple of days and rite now ive just done 3 towns already but no events going on rite now. But first i wanna try doing the battle system before continuing on. So if anyone of you can help me how I could do the official battle system of pokemon or any programming codings can provide me it will be greatful. If you can help me you can email me at [email protected]. Also here's some screenshots I hope you all like :D.

f98e6b69.jpg
f98e6b66.jpg
f98e6b5b.jpg
f98e6b55.jpg

i would really appreciate it if anyone can help me with the battle system :). Thanxz alot :)

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Why don't you just download Darkmage31's game
or some others on gamingw.net or something.
Anyway, if you start a thread on it or something,
it's more likely people are going to help.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
There are plenty of other sites as well. By the way, those maps look GREAT! Real pokemon-looking!

If you want to download a game to observe, go to www.gaminggroundzero.com and download Kindred Saga by QHeretic. It has a great CBS and CMS. I'm helping a lot of people with their custom battle systems lately, so I'm making a tutorial (don't look for it any time soon-it's long). But until then, I'm sorry I can't help much- I'm a bit over my quota, if you know what I mean, not to mention drop-dead busy away from my computer. Those that have already established a PM correspondance, please continue, but I would appreciate it if the rest of you hold off for a few weeks until I have more time. Thanks, and sorry I can't do much yakapuka. You can learn the same way I did- experimenting, trial and error, as well as examining other games. That's the real way to learn-doing it yourself. Of course, tutorials and tutoring also works, but not as well. For those of you who are already recieving my Rm2k advice, keep this in mind. I may guide, but you will never reach your full potential if you don't experiment with the code.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2011
DarkMage31 said:
There are plenty of other sites as well. By the way, those maps look GREAT! Real pokemon-looking!

If you want to download a game to observe, go to www.gaminggroundzero.com and download Kindred Saga by QHeretic. It has a great CBS and CMS. I'm helping a lot of people with their custom battle systems lately, so I'm making a tutorial (don't look for it any time soon-it's long). But until then, I'm sorry I can't help much- I'm a bit over my quota, if you know what I mean, not to mention drop-dead busy away from my computer. Those that have already established a PM correspondance, please continue, but I would appreciate it if the rest of you hold off for a few weeks until I have more time. Thanks, and sorry I can't do much yakapuka. You can learn the same way I did- experimenting, trial and error, as well as examining other games. That's the real way to learn-doing it yourself. Of course, tutorials and tutoring also works, but not as well. For those of you who are already recieving my Rm2k advice, keep this in mind. I may guide, but you will never reach your full potential if you don't experiment with the code.

It's cool :) i'll try and figure it out myself :). I been doing this rpg maker for a week now with no ones help :) and so far everythign are going good :). I will have to try and understand more about that cbs and cms... I'm very new at this so hopefully soon ill learn it quick :). Thanxz anyway :) i understand how it is being busy.

here's more screenshots :)

f9865520.jpg
f9865510.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back