• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Hidden Depths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Pokemon: The Hidden Depths

POK?MON: Hidden Depths
A Dawson and SaintBeast production

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Pokemon: Hidden Depths has returned to DHi. Some of you may remember it some of you may never of heard of it but its back and better than ever! Now be prepared for about 10 minutes of reading all the info or do what most people do and just scroll down to the pictures. Well here goes:

Prologue

Following a series of high profile criminal activity by Team Aqua and Magma, competition becomes serious between the rival factions and a battle of ego's soon becomes an all out turf war for control of the Mikon Region. A few years on following Team Rocket's downfall in the Kanto Region, Giovanni decides to use Mikon's current vulnerability at the hands of the warring Aqua and Magma to launch his own attack on regional domination using his reformed and retrained Team Rocket.

Despite the current crime waves the Thaio Region, which is relatively unknown compared to the huge tourist spots of Kanto and Johto, is expanding. The mayor has recently been given permission by the Pok?mon League Commissioner to host their own League Championships. Following this news it becomes obligatory for 16 year olds wanting to become trainers to become a Pok?mon to start with by Thaio's Pok?mon expert, Prof Pine. Ryan is a 16 year old boy from Farebloom Town and will be receiving his first Pok?mon from his neighbour, Prof Pine, in the morning so he can attempt to fulfil his dream as the first Thaio League Champion.

However, after hearing of the $50,000 prize money for the Pok?mon League Champion, Team Aqua and Magma decide to try to cheat their way to the title by forcing Pok?mon Officials to automatically enter their members into the tournament without having to go through the compulsory badge collecting challenge as well as provide them with all trainer and Pok?mon information they need to gain the upper hand on all of their potential rivals.

On top of that Team Rocket begin their assault and are ruthlessly decimating anybody who gets in their way. It's up to you to fulfil your dream and destiny of becoming Pok?mon League Champion. But with Team Aqua and Team Magma willing to do anything they can to win, as well as orruption from the Officials,and Team Rocket causing havoc all over the place, it's not going to be easy.

Main Characters

~Damien~ The male hero
TrnerBoy001.png

Damien is a 15 year old boy from Farebloom Town. Damien has always been interested in Pokemon and from a very age showed that he was gifted in handling Pokemon. He spent a lot of time at Dirk's lab helping to tame and befriend all the wild Pokemon that Dirk had brought in. Damien struck up a particular bond with the first Pokemon Dirk ever showed him. It was always Damien's dream to travel the world and meet as many different species of Pokemon as possible. However, a few years ago, Damien's father walked out on him and his mother. Consequently, Damien's mother couldn't cope with the distress and the strain that it had caused and suffered a breakdown. Damien was forced into becoming a stronger, more independant person and cared for his mother as well as taking responsibility for the general running of the house. Fortunately now things are starting to get back back to normal with Damien's mother being back at full health and looking to the future.

~Madison~ The female hero
Erika.jpg

Madison is a 15 year old girl from Farebloom Town. Madison's ambition in life is to move from Farebloom Town to one of the big cities where there is more excitement. Madison's interest in Pokemon began about 4 years ago, shortly after her mother died. With her father also distraught, she turned to Pokemon for comfort. She began spending more and more time in Dirk's lab to try to get herself through such a difficult time. While spending so much time in the lab, she struck up a life long bond with one particular Pokemon. Now, both Madison and her father have moved on and put their past pain behind them and have looked to the future and decided to try to achieve their dreams.

~Dirk~

Researcher Dirk has spent his entire life studying Pokemon artefacts. He has tried to figure out the link that connects all Pokemon together as well as the reason for their existance. Now that he has grown weary of travelling the world looking for more subjects to research, and concluding that his original task was impossible for just one man, he resides in the quaint atmosphere of Farebloom Town where he spends his leisure time studying the masses of strange objects that he collected on his travels in the hope that, just possibly, he could uncover one of the many mysteries of the Pokemon.

~Azzy~
TrnerAzzy001.png

Azzy is a sassy, energetic 14 year old Pokemon trainer from Dayflora Town. She admires all of the great Pokemon Trainers that have become famous and is desperate to replicate the fame and fortune that they have achieved with their Pokemon. Fame is her biggest goal and she will do anything if she believes that it will help her become more famous, even if it means taking shortcuts or making poor decisions and character judgements. Overall, she is a nice helpful girl, even if she is a little bit too headstrong and determined for success.

~Mace~
TrnerMace01.png

Mace is a calm, intelligent 16 year old wannabe Gym Leader from Johto. He believes he has the necessary attributes and Pokemon skills to become one of the greatest Gym Leaders ever. Mace is very methodical and is very often the voice of reason or the saviour whenever Azzy or Kyte have problems or get into trouble. He has a talent to look at situations from many different perspectives to find the best solution. He also has a strong affinity with nature and considers anyone that tries to destroy any part of nature a sworn enemy. He is also very interested in ancient Pokemon ruins.

~Kyte~
TrnrKyte01.png

Kyte is a cute, playful 12 year old Pokemon lover from Heyspark City. Her idol is Suzie, the great Pokemon breeder. Kyte loves the cuteness and inner beauty of Pokemon and wants to become a Pokemon breeder to help all Pokemon to become as happy as possible. She also admires Azzy's determination and considers her a great role model and tries to base her attitude on Azzy's. She can be very gullible at times, which often leads to her getting into trouble that she can't cope with.

Screens

IxoraForest.png
MenuScreen.png
RouteSea.png
Grungewater.png
NormalTown.png
GhostDarkGym.png

DawsonTunnel.png
DawsonTunnel2.png

IceCave.png
SnowRoute.png

Borstone.png
DayfloraVillage3.png

DayfloraVillage2.png
DayfloraVillage.png

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
These are a couple of in progress Pokemon that I may develop properly into the game. I have yet to decide whether they will have connections with previous Pokemon or whether they will be individual. For instance Aquadon may become the second evolution in between Magikarp and Gyarados with Gyarados' strength increasing and Togetiga will probably become Togetic's evolution because with my game I also intend to utilize pretty much pointless Pokemon to their maximum so expect new forms of other underused Pokemon soon and let me know what you think of these. I will also post some screenshots soon.
P.S sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Here are the first screens of the Hoenn region, which is what i am working on first. I would also like to know how people are progressing with the "official" CBS as i need it desperately and please post any comments or suggestions because constructive criticism is always appreciated.

P.S. The menu was taken from somebody elses game but i can't remember who's so if it is yours just tell so i can give you credit although it probably wont be a permanent feature as i do intend to create my own and thanx.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2005
it looks good, over basic :) The menu seems on a wrong place, but ****, it looks cool. Keep it up, I'm rooting for you baby. (the same sentence ur mom uses every time in G/S/C :P)

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
The menu is only a temp and will be adjusted soon. The map is an exact replica of r/s down to the last tree. If it looks over basic then i might have to edit it a bit more. I might start designing for the new town tomorrow but i still don't have a name for it. Any suggestions?

PS still no posts regarding new Pokemon......

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Looks good! I can't really comment about Map design because someone else in Nintendo did that. But the CBS is coming along OK. Don't expect it for a while though. Concentrate on your map's and fun stuff, because that's a lot more satisfying than anything else you'll do. Don't worry about the battles until we release our game. Unless of course you want to be in on it and insert our beta version into your game ;) *hint hint*

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
DarkMage31, i'd be more than happy to help out with your CBS in my game because i'd like to see how well it has been progressing. my msn ad is [email protected].
I've decided that i will start my game in the new region and i will be focusing on the maps for that over the next few days as well as the events upto the first couple of cities and routes. After that i can start thinking about a storyline.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
So if you were to join the team (which you will do, right?), what would you work on? CBS programming? Map design? Graphics? CMS?

And yes, the CBS will be public to all those who want to adapt it in their own games. Those who help make it (CBS or the whole game) will get the final version first though.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I'll work on map design, graphics and maybe CMS as that is what i will be concentrating on in my game. i'm gonna need some details like what you want me to do how the maps will look

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
The first screen shot of the first town of the new region. It's called Cena Town. hope you like it and feel free to comment or add suggestions. i've also fixed up the menu screen a bit.

sorry about the double post

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
Town looks good, but the menue looks a little stretched to me. But good job anyway! Looks excellent!

You can help with map design. You'll be working with RM2K3kid on this, just so you know. Meerkat and I need to come up with a story, so when we do I'll let you know, and you can make the maps accordingly. Sound good? Also, if you want to contribute graphics, like chipsets or charsets, I'll write you down for those too.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
thanks awkwardsilencer that would be cool. Have you got any sprites of two different pokemon merged, for instance spearow and taillow because i need these for my breeding system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back