• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new evolution methods [FR]

Years
could you find the decryptpoke offset for emerald? if we have it that means we could port the existing evolution routines from FR to Emerald.

I have all of them:
levelcheckloc: 0x0806D32F
noevo: 0x0806D333
decryptpoke: 0x0806A519
encryptpoke: 0x0806ACAD
firstpoke: 0x020244EC
mapbank: 0x020322E4
map: 0x0203732C

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
It was fixed. The map ram is 0x0203732C. Could you tell me how to change the map bank and map number into hex code if I using the map bank routine in Emerald? Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what you're asking here. If you're asking how to assign the map bank argument to each Pokemon without using G3HS, there's an evolution table with the structure listed here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_evolution_data_structure_in_Generation_III
The offset is somewhere in G3HS's ini.
If you're asking how to find the hex numbers for the map bank and map number, that's easy. AMap has the map bank and map numbers listed; just convert that to hex and you're good to go. The map number offset is right next to the map bank offset in the ram btw.

Last edited:

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
I have all of them:
levelcheckloc: 0x0806D32F
noevo: 0x0806D333
decryptpoke: 0x0806A519
encryptpoke: 0x0806ACAD
firstpoke: 0x020244EC
mapbank: 0x020322E4
map: 0x0203732C

Well i think keanersboy should make a step 4 regarding methods in emerald and we should show how to port/publish ported routines.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
@kearnseyboy6:
So I was looking through your methods, and I noticed this one:
Spoiler:

If we're checking for a specific map bank and map number, wouldn't it be more efficient to load a halfword into r6 and compare to r2, since the map number is stored right next to the map bank in RAM?

Basically something like this:
Spoiler:

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Well i think keanersboy should make a step 4 regarding methods in emerald and we should show how to port/publish ported routines.

@kearnseyboy6:
So I was looking through your methods, and I noticed this one:
Spoiler:

If we're checking for a specific map bank and map number, wouldn't it be more efficient to load a halfword into r6 and compare to r2, since the map number is stored right next to the map bank in RAM?

Basically something like this:
Spoiler:

Yes you are right. I'll fix it up.

I'm happy to make an Emerald port if someone has all the offsets. I think just the limiter is left I think?

anonyboy

Years
I have ported some methods to emerald. here they are:
By Move
Spoiler:

With Other PKMN in Party:
Spoiler:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
Hello guys, I now Understand howto implement it but I got some errors, not ingame errors.:
First of all, I dont know if my evolution properties are correct

Fairymove-None
Pancham-Level
Male-Item(because of Gallade evolution)
female-Level
rain-Level
night time level up-Level
Day time tyrunt-Level
Night time Item Hold Induced Evolution-Item
Day time Item Hold Induced Evolution-Item
Evolution by Move induced-Item
Evolve with other Pokemon in Party-Item(Correct me if im wrong, I used item because the pokemon that will be the result of the evolution was the same in the index number of the item I used)

I Havent test those routines because the newly added evolution methods didnt appeared in G3HS although I edited the ini.
Here's the edited evo propeties:
evolutionmethods = Breeding Only,Friendship,Friendship (Day),Friendship (Night),Level-Up,Trade,Trade (Hold Item),Stone,ATK > DEF,ATK = DEF,ATK < DEF,PID (Wurmple->Silcoon),PID (Wurmple->Cascoon),Spawn a Second,Create Spawn,Beauty,Fairy Move,Pancham,Male,Female,Rain,NightTimeLVLUP,DayTimeLVLUP,Night Time Item,Day time Item,Move induced,Other Pokemon
evomethodsproperties = None,None,None,None,Level,None,Item,Item,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,Level,None,None,Level,Item,Level,Level,Level,Level,Item,Item,None,None

and here is my entire ini.
Spoiler:

anonyboy

Years
Hello guys, I now Understand howto implement it but I got some errors, not ingame errors.:
First of all, I dont know if my evolution properties are correct

Fairymove-None
Pancham-Level
Male-Item(because of Gallade evolution)
female-Level
rain-Level
night time level up-Level
Day time tyrunt-Level
Night time Item Hold Induced Evolution-Item
Day time Item Hold Induced Evolution-Item
Evolution by Move induced-Item
Evolve with other Pokemon in Party-Item(Correct me if im wrong, I used item because the pokemon that will be the result of the evolution was the same in the index number of the item I used)

I Havent test those routines because the newly added evolution methods didnt appeared in G3HS although I edited the ini.
Here's the edited evo propeties:

and here is my entire ini.
Spoiler:

You're close... I've edited wrong things in your ini

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
Years
You're close... I've edited wrong things in your ini

Ahhh, thanks xD,.Ill tried it asap.

EDIT: I tried your edited ini but it does not still let my new evolution methods appear in the tool...
Heres the screenshot:
Ub0slOE.png

Last edited:
Back