• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Well, from a schedulistic standpoint, many of us have either just started school or in the habit of it already. I can vouch for those that are busy, because school is a really major thing.

I have a hunch that after these few weeks of assimilation back into school we'll see some more activity, but for now I think that most of us are most likely too caught into the "school-rush" at the moment.

But indeed I would like to hear how you would get more activity on this. I'm always checking this everyday to see if something has happened also :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yeah, I think so. My terminal exams start the week after, so it's like a good bunch of problems will be sorted by then.
Well... new concept art will automatically bring activity but... our best bet is to keep dwelling until the others return. And catalogue the uncatalogued Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay everyone, big announcement!

Say hello to your new project leader, Sunfished! Big round of applause! Since I no longer have the time or ability to run the project to its fullest, I have transferred the power to update and organize to Sunfished. But! I'm still going to be around and I still look forward to participating and contributing to the project when I have the time.

Congrats Sunny! :D

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Thanks for the introduction, Alexial! We'll surely miss your leadership!

Yeah, I think so. My terminal exams start the week after, so it's like a good bunch of problems will be sorted by then.
Well... new concept art will automatically bring activity but... our best bet is to keep dwelling until the others return. And catalogue the uncatalogued Pokémon.

As first in command now, I will go over all of the uncatalogued Poke's and give them a proper home. This event will take a while, and I will try my best to come up with some interesting names, abilities, etc. The ones not completely finished, or were just concepts, may be scrapped due to the long time of incompleteness.

Let's aim for around 150 Pokemon for now. I think we hit the 100 mark around a few months ago.

Oh, and we should totally have some sort of banner. If anyone's good at stuff like that, it would be great if you made one for this :D

I'm already reaching out to other places for attention, and so far I've already gotten a few people who are gonna stalk the thread for a while.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
To welcome Sunfished, I made this project a Userbar:

PokeCommunityPokedexProject_zps318dcd51.png

Code:
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/Joeyhugg/PokeCommunityPokedexProject_zps318dcd51.png

If you want me to add a Fakemon to the right side of it like the userbars in my shop, shoot me a PM.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
omg congratz Sunfished!
Yeah, that's cool. I think some more designs can be scrapped,but that'd be wasting artistic potential, I'll tell you some updates you may want to work on:
1) Some info you've left at this post may be useful.
2) I made a sprite version of the fire starter which may be of interest.
3) Your own electric rodent Pikachu.
4) This post and this post.
5) Minor change to Kridera and a new Magpie flying Pokémon as suggested in Nakuzami's post.
6) Update on previous Nakuzami's post.
7) Really snazzy designs by BeefTaco.
#documentationcomplete

Would you aim on more Pokémon now? Or more details on old ones?

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
oh dear, i dont know whats going on this this thread oAo

are we still allowed to post fakemon designs or..? i'd like to; i dont mean to sound lazy but i dont wanna go through 30 pages to find out..

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
@Joey
Wow, that was fast!
I'll be sure to use it in a bit, and add it to the op!

@Hoenn
This will surely save up my time of going back and picking up all the missed poke's. I'll update the main post with all the fakes you listed, and anymore I might find during my nostalgia trip.

I think we're in need to go over some unfinished ones, mostly the ones that were just sketches. Once we get alot of them done, we can start adding new ones again. I don't think stats are important, but if anyone's willing to make stats for them that would be great :D

@Muani
Welcome back bro!
And yeah, we're still in need of some pokemon. So go crazy!
Oh, and before I forget, I've added names and some info for your 3 pokemon you submitted, but were in the uncatalogued. If you still wish to make up your own info for them, just say so!

Update:
Okay guys, I updated with all the info that Hoenn had been nice to provide here.
If I missed or messed up anything, feel free to give me notice!

Last edited:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Spoiler:

i cant write well, so here's what i'd like if anyone wants to do this one.

prompt : A pokemon that lives around graveyards and guards them.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Good job, Muani. Your artwork is amazing. Before we go on with the Pokémon you present, can you please change the fur of the Pokémon to black? It seems rather peculiar that the face's colour doesn't match with the body. And you are very good at in drawing feline/fox-like creatures, I suggest you go through the Pokédex and redesign some of the Pokémon falling under the category. I'm sure it would add to the Pokédex well.

Let's see... here's my version of that Pokémon you present. Origin being perdues (French for souls) + ames (French for lost) + fur
Name : Peramur
Type : Normal/Dark
Ability : Prankster, Incapacitate*
*When the Pokémon faints, it induces the sleep status problem on the foe. If there is more than one foe present, the ability selects a foe at random. Fails if the foe faints along with the user (in single battles), the foe targeted has Insomnia, Vital Spirit or already has a status problem.
Classification : The Spirit Guard Pokémon
Gender Ratio :
male.gif
50%
female.gif
50%
Flavour Text :
Pokédex I : This Pokémon lives around graveyards. It is said that it guards the fallen souls.
Pokédex II : This Pokémon lives around the souls in graveyards. It is said that a soul falls into deep sleep when it looks into this Pokémon's eyes.
Evolution : ??? (baby Pokémon) -> Peramur (via ???) -> ??? (via ???)
Base Stats :
HP : ???
Attack : ???
Defense : ???
Special Attack : ???
Special Defense : ???
Speed : ???

As you can see, I opted for a dual Pokédex option, like in the original game series, where the two games have different Pokédex entries. The last part of the Pokémon is unfilled, and this is because this Pokémon needs a pre-evolution (baby Pokémon) and an evolution. If this is not desired, feel free to alter that.

I'd like to add info for this uncatalogued Pokémon,
7VMreUM.png

Name : Heirlo
Type : Psychic/Fairy
Ability : Insomnia, Incapacitate*
*When the Pokémon faints, it induces the sleep status problem on the foe. If there is more than one foe present, the ability selects a foe at random. Fails if the foe faints along with the user (in single battles), the foe targeted has Insomnia, Vital Spirit or already has a status problem.
Classification : The Mirage Signal Pokémon
Gender Ratio :
male.gif
50%
female.gif
50%
Flavour Text :
Pokédex I : This Pokémon is often believed to bring bad luck. It is sighted as a mirage near places of power.
Pokédex II : Heirlo roam around the world, often sighted as a mirage at many power sources. The waves radiated through their tails are capable of lulling people to sleep.
Evolution : Does not evolve
Base Stats :
HP : 112
Attack : 64
Defense : 124
Special Attack : 125
Special Defense : 125
Speed : 50

EDIT - Made a sprite version jfthoi
7VMreUM_zps6e9bd26a.png

@Alexial : Pfft, we couldn't have done anything without your previous leadership! I don't see why we aren't proud of you either :P

Last edited:

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
oooh, i love it so much! thanks!

and heres the picture, changed for you.

i was too lazy to downsize the resolution for this one so heres a direct link instead of a page-stretcher

http://i.imgur.com/UPS21Ur.png

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I didn't know it was actually possible to change the person in control of the original post like that. Well, then.

It would seem that the links to my most recent pokemon have broken when placed into the OP. I blame Dropbox. I'll get them uploaded to Photobucket so that they have some more reliable links.
I also need to post all of their data that I hadn't realized that I hadn't typed and I'm not exactly sure where the papers are now ermergerd what happened asdfghjkl;

@Muani - Love the design! I enjoy the solid color of its body (didn't think I would, at first), but I do think it needs some shading. That could obviously wait to be fixed until the sprited version, of course. . . .

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I didn't know it was actually possible to change the person in control of the original post like that. Well, then.

It would seem that the links to my most recent pokemon have broken when placed into the OP. I blame Dropbox. I'll get them uploaded to Photobucket so that they have some more reliable links.
I also need to post all of their data that I hadn't realized that I hadn't typed and I'm not exactly sure where the papers are now ermergerd what happened asdfghjkl;

@Muani - Love the design! I enjoy the solid color of its body (didn't think I would, at first), but I do think it needs some shading. That could obviously wait to be fixed until the sprited version, of course. . . .

Oh gosh you almost scared me!
Are you sure that the links are broken for you? Because it shows up perfectly fine for me. Can you list the Poke's you made so I/we can check if it's only you?

@Muani
Jeez, you should totally go over some of our not-so-complete feline Pokemon! I've seen your thread, and you seem to be very well endowed in the anatomy of cats :D

Okay guys, I'll update with Hoenn's info, and Muani, I ended up resizing that gargantuan to 700x350 :P

Keep up the great work guys!

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Oh gosh you almost scared me!
Are you sure that the links are broken for you? Because it shows up perfectly fine for me. Can you list the Poke's you made so I/we can check if it's only you?

Mainly all the ones that I've posted from Dropbox. Only mine.

The magpie pokemon, both forms of Furvia, Sorciel, Teurrorox, and the Poltitch line. Perhaps it's just my computer hating me, but I'll still get some Photobucket links up. They tend to behave for me. Pfft

Photobucket linkzeseseseses

Poltitch line: http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums...okedex/PoltitchFreytitchSutra_zps98d13104.jpg
Teurrorox:http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o798/Nakuzami/Pokemon/PC Pokedex/Teurrorox_zpsb755d50a.jpg
Sorciel: http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums...PC Pokedex/Sorciel-ShadowForm_zps56d510ad.jpg

I'll get Furvia and the magpie pokemon later.

Muani

miau
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
if i read correctly, someone wanted me to re-do some older designs..? ill give it a shot sometime.

anyway, heres another fakemon design!

last time i tried drawing in the pokemon art style, it didnt come out so well. but ive been practicing more and more.

Spoiler:
posted on my tumblr first

i cannot write well, so whenever anyone wants, you may come up with something.

i dont think this pokemon would have any evolutions. i want it to be some kind of rare pseudo legendary pokemon.

Prompt : A very manipulative pokemon.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Dude, your Poke's are really great!
It has that "ethereal" atmosphere, like the stuff you see in dreams :D

@Nakuzami
I went back to check and all of your guys suddenly disappeared! :O
I'll get the new links in by 24 hours!

@EVERYONE!!

And guys, I think this one by Muani will be the final Ghost or Dark type we can add in.
So yeah, we are literally going overboard with Ghost and Dark now, and we surpassed the total Ghost-Types present in the main games already.

So yeah,
No more Ghost or Dark Types please! We have enough. Let's now focus on either reviving the uncatalogued or creating some more mammalian creatures. We have 14 primary Ghost types, with probably more having Ghost as secondary. The total the main games have is 24, so we're already more than half of that! Also, the large number of Dark types are pretty high. I guess you guys just like making "dark" Pokemon? :P
So instead, we should make some Pokemon that are more "cartoony", as we are slightly lacking the fluffy atmosphere the main games' Pokemon bring.
For ideas, we can use some of these animals:

• Lizard/Gecko/Iguana (scaled animals)
  • Slug/Snail/Eel/Snake (long-bodied animals)
  • Moose/Buffalo/Bison/Deer (horned animals)
  • Zebra/Horse/Mule/Donkey (4-legged running animals)
  • Armadillo/Turtle/Roly Poly (armored animals)
  • Hippo/Elephant/Porcupine (kinda fat animals)
  • Lemur/Monkey/Bush Baby (they're monkeys. NOTHING CAN GO WRONG)

Last edited:
Back