• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Okay, thread will be made by me, look forward to it!

Also, something Im just a bit confused about.

Most challenges ban legendaries, but some pseudo-legendaries are stronger than some legendaries. Moltres vs Tyranitar, who would win?

I vote that all Legendaries 600 BST and below be unbanned!

Years
Okay, thread will be made by me, look forward to it!

Also, something Im just a bit confused about.

Most challenges ban legendaries, but some pseudo-legendaries are stronger than some legendaries. Moltres vs Tyranitar, who would win?

I vote that all Legendaries 600 BST and below be unbanned!

I honestly think it's up to the challenger, whether they want to use Legendaries or not. Legendaries are most likely banned for the fact that they are "Above" all other pokemon and each of them is extremely powerful in their own right, even Moltres.
The example you gave however, was a bad one. Primeape, which is by no means, pseudo-legendary could easily defeat a regice, and Gyarados could beat an entei. Type advantages trump base stats in-game, so the argument is, irrelevant.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
A bit of misstatement on my part, I meant to say, which is stronger in general, Tyranitar or Moltres?

Years
A bit of misstatement on my part, I meant to say, which is stronger in general, Tyranitar or Moltres?

Obviously Tyranitar is stronger, as it is both an offensive and defensive threat. Do remember, though, that all challenges take place in-game, where every pokemon has value. Ubers, BST, IVs and breeding don't matter, the trainer's willingness to accept and train whatever is thrown at him is what truly matters.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Obviously Tyranitar is stronger, as it is both an offensive and defensive threat. Do remember, though, that all challenges take place in-game, where every pokemon has value. Ubers, BST, IVs and breeding don't matter, the trainer's willingness to accept and train whatever is thrown at him is what truly matters.

yeah, so my point is that legendaries shouldn't be banned. That's what I was trying to say in the first place. ^^; Making a comparison between an unbanned pokemon and a banned pokemon seemed like the best way, but I totally agree with you on that Ubers, BST, IV, and Breedinng don't matter. Hell, I once did a solo run on Silver with an Igglybuff (a crowning achievement which I am very proud of.)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I think that legendaries are banned for a combination of reasons.
1. They are, with a select few others, the strongest Pokemon in the game. This would make the challenges "too easy", so they ban Pokemon. By banning the "best" Pokemon, you are attempting to make it harder. However, if you did it by base stat total, how would you decide the cut-off? If you picked a cut-off, then someone could say "Well, Pokemon X is the best of the Pokemon allowed, so he should be banned too." And on and on until there are no more Pokemon left. By banning only legendaries, you are getting a majority of the ridiculously powerful Pokemon, and there is a nice cut-off point.
2. Most legendaries are obtained late game. If you don't hack to get them, you will be doing a majority of the game without the Pokemon you're using (in the case of a solo challenge).
3. It's a pain to look up the Pokemon by base stat total so you can see who is banned and who is not banned.
4. Banning "good" Pokemon is entirely judgmental. I would much rather prefer a Nidoking or Starmie over Tyrannitar in 3rd or 4th gen, and I would prefer a T/F/I Punch and Psychic Alakazam in 2nd Gen.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I had started a challenge idea a while back. It's called the Evil Challenge. Basically you play through with Rocket, Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. I've got everything made, but don't have lists of Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. Do you guys think this is a good idea, and if so, can someone help me find the lists?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lastly, I have a challenge for someone. See my challenge card thing in my sig? I don't like it anymore. Can someone make me a new one? I only want my name, Monotypes, Nuzlockes, and Solos (at least for now). I know this isn't really the right place, but pleeeeeeease?

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I had started a challenge idea a while back. It's called the Evil Challenge. Basically you play through with Rocket, Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. I've got everything made, but don't have lists of Magma, Aqua, or Galactic Pokemon. Do you guys think this is a good idea, and if so, can someone help me find the lists?

I could probably help you. This sounds really cool. I could probably make lists, unless there was a specific site which lists all of the Pokemon they use, and you just can't find it.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years

I could probably help you. This sounds really cool. I could probably make lists, unless there was a specific site which lists all of the Pokemon they use, and you just can't find it.
I don't know of any site. I've searched around and can't find it. If you can do Galactic and PM it to me, I can take care of Aqua and Magma.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I don't know of any site. I've searched around and can't find it. If you can do Galactic and PM it to me, I can take care of Aqua and Magma.
Did you already take care of Rocket then? The list I'll be compiling will be of all the different species that Galactic has used, if that's what you wanted.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah, I've done Rocket. Don't know when, but I have a list for them. If you can do Galactic, then I'll do both Aqua and Magma and we'll combine our lists!

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
An idea for a sweet challenge!

No Trainers challenge.

1- You can't challenge most of the trainers.
2- Only Gym trainers and unavoidable trainers are allowed.
3- All Trick House trainers are allowed.
4- If a trainers is hard to avoid, you must save before him, then try to avoid him until you do it.
5- No Vs. Seeker or rematches.
6- Hacking is allowed.
7- The challenge ends in a certain way for any specific game.

a) G/R/B/Y: After you catch/defeat Mewtwo.
b) G/S/C: After you defeat Red.
c) R/S: After you catch/defeat Rayquaza.
d) E: After you defeat Steven in Meteor Falls.
e) D/P: After you defeat Pokèmon League.
f) Pt: After you defeat the Pokèmon League (twice), and complete the aftergame story.
g) HG/SS: After you defeat Red (once) and Pokèmon League (twice).
h) B/W: After you defeat the Pokèmon League (twice) and Cynthia in Sazanami Town.
j) Colosseum: Purify all 48 Shadow Pokèmon, and defeat the main story.
k) XD: Purify all 83 Shadow Pokèmon and defeat the main story.

I didn't played Colosseum/XD, and I don't know the main story and stuff, so if anyone helps me I would be grateful.

And, what do you say about this challenge?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Meh, it's not too hard because you can still just grind on wild Pokemon. But, if you take that out, then it becomes some other challenge that we had somewhere at sometime that nobody liked (I don't think). Also, I would take out purify all 48 Pokemon and just stick to beating the story mode.

The final boss in Colosseum is Evice. I'm not sure about XD, though.

Years
I'll add on to myrrhman's post by saying that nearly every trainer in plot advancing areas of Pokemon Colosseum and XD are impossible to avoid.
This challenge doesn't really sound too interesting and seems like a lot of work, building up to nothing.
Also, Greevil is the boss of Cipher in XD, Myrrh.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I don't know what to say about the no-trainer challenge... it sounds OK, but the finishing requirements are a bit too high, as I'm used to the normal "beat champion" thing. I guess it's just me, but...

Well, anyways, merry Christmas guys and I hope you got what you wanted, cause I didn't. It was one of the worst Christmases (lol) in my life, and I never got that new iPod Touch and I only got chocolate, books, and clothes. Yeah, like stuff that your family wants to buy and uses Christmas as an excuse... lol.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I don't know what to say about the no-trainer challenge... it sounds OK, but the finishing requirements are a bit too high, as I'm used to the normal "beat champion" thing. I guess it's just me, but...

Well, anyways, merry Christmas guys and I hope you got what you wanted, cause I didn't. It was one of the worst Christmases (lol) in my life, and I never got that new iPod Touch and I only got chocolate, books, and clothes. Yeah, like stuff that your family wants to buy and uses Christmas as an excuse... lol.
The beginning of my Christmas was about the same. I got battery powered socks, 2 pairs of shoes when I have perfectly good ones right now, and a board game from my parents. A board game that I ALREADY HAD.

As for the finishing requirements, they're not all that different. I mean, beat Mewtwo/Raquaza is easy enough, you're at a good enough level if you beat the elite four. As for Steven/Cynthia; I remember Steven wasn't that bad when I beat him in emerald. Can't imagine Cynthia would be ridiculous after you beat the elite four, which is at some ridiculous level like 70's or something.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Myrrh, I could also do your new "siggy"... I just need to know where the heck are the monotypes. I only see Duo and Trio with many types lined there.

just so crammed... redsaber's FAULTDEATH2TROLLSASD

Um, yeah, not to mention the two pj's I got from my grandma. "They fit perfectly !". Of course they do... >_> And I ate my After Eight chocolate in 20 minutes... just to be shouted at...

I had a horrible Christmas...

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
It is quite confusing, 560. Monotypes is actually the big orange section. For duo and trio challenges, I was only supposed to beat it once on Kanto, once on Johto, once on Hoenn, and once on Sinnoh.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Don't like the idea of no trainers, especially for Colo/XD. You can't avoid many, plus in Colosseum, there's no wild Pokemon to grind levels, so you'd fail miserably. XD at least has wild Pokemon, but still.

And hey. I got a crock pot for COOKING and GPS. OH BOY. But I also got some games and some nice clothes. No complaints. Cept my step dad was being a douche all day. He's just mad that his football team sucks and that if they win this championship, he'll have to wait another 50 years til they do it again. :D As for Alabama...give it a couple of years and we'll be sayin' 14, baby. /lol football

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Don't like the idea of no trainers, especially for Colo/XD. You can't avoid many, plus in Colosseum, there's no wild Pokemon to grind levels, so you'd fail miserably. XD at least has wild Pokemon, but still.

And hey. I got a crock pot for COOKING and GPS. OH BOY. But I also got some games and some nice clothes. No complaints. Cept my step dad was being a douche all day. He's just mad that his football team sucks and that if they win this championship, he'll have to wait another 50 years til they do it again. :D As for Alabama...give it a couple of years and we'll be sayin' 14, baby. /lol football
What team, Auburn? That sounds like UT! 1951 and then 1998... I think it will be a real CHALLENGE for Oregon to stop Cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back