• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Main Thread] The Pokétrivia League! (COMING BACK IN 2014)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I can guarantee you that there will be no researching at all for the next two puzzles! These two also don't really require too much if you know your Pokémon either I don't think. But next weeks are absolutely zero research. After that? I don't know I haven't thought that far haha. But I will definitely keep that in mind!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Weee, can't wait! Glad to see more people are starting to do the puzzles now, hopefully this trend will continue :D

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Damn I missed out on this one I shouldn't check the first post anymore since it says Ground and Psychic

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ahhh yeah. I remembered that I didn't change the first post when I was posting the answers. I'll definitely be sure to do it from now on I'm sorry. :( But you can also check the twitter for when the new puzzles come out if you use it. Or just check the last post here if there is one for any updates as well.

Would it also help if I put the types in the title? Since when doing the puzzles I sometimes forget a few things (like switching the type from Psychic to Ice on the puzzle page last time as well. My brain was just ... not here while putting up the last puzzles I'm so sorry).

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Aw, I forgot to send my answers :(

I do have a question about the last rhyme though, I was pretty sure it was Lapras, but what's with the "Friday treat" thing?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Bah, I only found out about this after missing about 8 puzzles (judging from the badges other people already have). I can't possibly catch up now.

I do have a question about the last rhyme though, I was pretty sure it was Lapras, but what's with the "Friday treat" thing?
In GSC and HGSS, there's a Lapras surfing around in Union Cave every Friday.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Bah, I only found out about this after missing about 8 puzzles (judging from the badges other people already have). I can't possibly catch up now.
If you win a Fire-type puzzle in the future you'll just get Blaine's badge instead of a future league's badge and the same for other types, don't worry. Missing them doesn't mean you can't complete it. :D

And yeah, 'Friday treat' was about the Union Cave Lapras haha.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Yes, I read the rules, I know how badges are gained. I was just saying that I'll always have fewer badges than some other people (such as yourself) just because I came in late.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The PokeTrivia League will continue as long as people are interested. So if people are still doing the puzzles after going through all the regions I'll just go around and continue doing puzzles until I can't keep this going or until no one has much of an interest anymore. Also I might be planning one or two dark type badges for those who have missed badges in the past and want to get them earlier than waiting for the type to come around (and by then they might want to get say ... Flannery's badge instead of Blaine's because they have more Hoenn badges than Kanto badges).

If anyone had any suggestions or anything I'm free to hear them! I made it so each region has a separate emblem so someone can join it on one region and obtain those regions' badges despite not being around for the last region. Also the dark type and other things I tried to come up with to make up for loss weeks.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
New puzzles are up! One is extremely easy and should take like a minute while the other one is going to be time consuming so make sure you have some time on your hands. Have fun! ♥

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
This is the first time I've not been sure about getting them all right haha, was a lot of fun though! I really admire the creativity you're putting into these puzzles - I'd never have thought to do half of them in a lifetime lmao. They were really fun (though my art skills have been put to shame </3), good job! Can't wait for next week :D

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Same here, I'm unsure about a couple of my answers ^_^

At least I didn't forget to send them over this time, yay! I really enjoyed both puzzles again this time, the PokeMail wasn't as easy as you thought, and the Bug puzzle didn't take that long, I connected the dots as I was plotting, and I kept wondering what monstrosity would come out, but in the end the Pokemon wasn't that disfigured, hehe.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
hehe glad to hear that I'm not always correct (in fact I'm never correct) oh how easy or difficult a puzzle is. :'3

Anyways this one might be extended a week to give me more time to work on the next two puzzles. I have things in mind but they'll take a little bit of time sooo yeah. Look forward to them as they'll be the last two puzzles before XY comes out. ♥

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oo, this is exciting! Hopefully we'll get to see some pretty Fairy-types make an entrance soon after ;D I'm thinking of a "how many Swirlix's can you eat in one go" contest myself.

Years
Your Swirlix comment made me imagine a whole horde of them and that gave me an idea. I'd like to see a kind of matching puzzle with a bunch of the same Pokemon over and over again, but with slight alterations that aren't immediately noticeable.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
That is a fabulous idea and I am totally keeping it in mind for a potential later puzzle. With that said if anyone has any ideas for potential puzzles then feel free to PM them to me! Coming up with these are often no easy feat so getting ideas would be fabulous!

That said I had a wonderful idea for a puzzle but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to do it with just one type. At least not any recent ones. So either I do a puzzle that doesn't have a typing that acts like a Wild Card (like how the Dark type would) ooor I wait until one type where I think I can pull it off. Decisions decisions.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
That is a fabulous idea and I am totally keeping it in mind for a potential later puzzle. With that said if anyone has any ideas for potential puzzles then feel free to PM them to me! Coming up with these are often no easy feat so getting ideas would be fabulous!

That said I had a wonderful idea for a puzzle but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to do it with just one type. At least not any recent ones. So either I do a puzzle that doesn't have a typing that acts like a Wild Card (like how the Dark type would) ooor I wait until one type where I think I can pull it off. Decisions decisions.
If it's doable with two types you could just make it bigger and have that as the only puzzle for the week and give both badges from it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I might but at the same time there's still that problem that I currently can't do it until next region because of the types that are available for the puzzle (hinthint?). So if I do it that way I still have to wait. There iiis one type that I can do it with buut we've already done the type for this region oops.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Answers! New puzzle or two will come probably tomorrow because sister needs laptop for school stuff and that's more important. ♥

Back