• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PCX Art Contest!

Years

pcx_ban_zpsedb87bc8.png
Hi there, everyone, and welcome to Pokecommunity's official 10th anniversary art contest! This event is hosted by myself, Cirno.

About this contest

What exactly do you do for this contest? Simple! You will need to draw a picture of the theme posted below - be it with colored pencils, digitally, or even using acrylic paints! Scroll down for rules and other important information regarding the event.

What is the theme?

Our theme this event is fall or autumn. Draw an image that accurately portrays your view of this season! Both Pokemon and non-Pokemon are allowed, so long as it fits the criteria!

How long does this event last?

The event will run from Monday, September 24th at 12:00AM midnight to Saturday, September 29th, at 11:59PM. Once that clock strikes midnight for the 30th, entries will be closed.

The Rules

Every contest has to have rules, right? Right! Outlined below are the general rules for this contest:

• This is a drawing contest, meaning only drawn images are allowed. That means no icons, banners, or layouts!
  • You may not steal someone else's work; members caught doing this will be infracted.
  • I understand this is a rather short event, but please try to put more effort into your drawing. We don't want 2-minute scribbles that are impossible to make out!
  • You are not required to add color. However, as stated in the previous bullet point, your image must look like you put time into it.
  • Both Pokemon and non-Pokemon artwork is permitted. However, please no fanart of anything outside Pokemon.
  • One entry per person
  • Try not to use too many special brush effects, as this is a drawing contest rather than a graphics contest. They are allowed, but in moderation.
  • PLEASE PUT YOUR IMAGE IN SPOILERS. We don't want to create a very long page that is hard to scroll through!

The Prizes

All participants will receive the below emblem for their hard work:

participant.png

There will also be first and second place emblems handed out, but those will be kept secret until the contest has ended!

How to enter

To enter, all you need to do is follow the below easy-to-use format:

Username:
Entry: (please put this in spoilers!)

Winners?

The winners should be posted within 24 hours after the contest has come to a close.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
So I wanted to go simple here, nothing too fancy & draw the most beautiful thing Earth has to offer, LEAVES! Hooray for boredom lol

Username: Sector Revenge
Entry: Leaves
Spoiler:

Oh yeah, I hope the blue lines on the paper can be excluded, I drew it on a notebook paper x)

Years
I think my entry isn't bad for a low caliber artist using a mouse to draw it! :D
Also, where is everybody? This was really fun!

Username: GolurkIsDaBomb
Entry: Pumpkin

(It's attached since when I copied and pasted it before I got an awesome jumble of letters and numbers)

*This doesn't violate the brush effects rule, does it? I don't use paint too often so I don't know what one would consider a brush effect. :/

Honest

Hi!
Years
I decided to go with a no color black and white sketch, just because the new game is called Black 2 and White 2.

Username: Bloodex
Sketch: A little big, to include detail! Did this is 20 minutes. That's supposed to be a leaf, obviously.

Spoiler:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
I think my entry isn't bad for a low caliber artist using a mouse to draw it! :D
Also, where is everybody? This was really fun!

Username: GolurkIsDaBomb
Entry: Pumpkin

(It's attached since when I copied and pasted it before I got an awesome jumble of letters and numbers)

*This doesn't violate the brush effects rule, does it? I don't use paint too often so I don't know what one would consider a brush effect. :/

Since you painted it, I doubt it effects the brush rule. I think Cirno meant like grunge brushes, or leaf brushes. Things that allow custom brushes such as Photoshop, GIMP, etc.

Last edited:
Years
Sorry, pixel art isn't permitted for this contest. D: We already have a sprite event going on, so it'd be best to enter that one if you'd like to do some pixel work!

And Golurk, you're totally fine, so don't worry! I meant brush effects like downloadable brushes for Photoshop that are mainly used for banners, icons, layouts, and other things like that.

Great entries so far, guys! :D

Empathy

Rawr.
Years
Would a drawing of the character Autumn (Sinnoh) count since her name is Autumn? Or would it be accepted if some elements of the season Autumn were blended into the drawing?

EDIT: Here's my entry, decided not go go with "Autumn". Sorry if it's blurry, I can't really help it :<

Username: Empathy
Entry: Deerling in the Autumn forest.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Well, the theme is based around the season of autumn itself, so I'd like it if you could incorporate some elements of it into the picture. ^_^

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm entering with this
Spoiler:

Title: Autumn Deerling.

Drawn and then colored with color pencils.Took me 2 and a half hours.

I don't draw Pokemon alot, but I thought I'd give it a shot for this.

Years
Sorry for the delay, guys! The entries have finally been judged and here are our winners:

First Place
Spoiler:

Second Place
Spoiler:

Third Place
Spoiler:

Congrats, guys! Emblems will be handed out soon to everyone, including participants. :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Woah I was excepting to get at least 2nd .....a little upsetting but oh well.
Congrats to the winners anyway!

The least I can do is show sportsmanship. :)

Back