• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon ~ Til' the End of Time (T) (OOC)

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years

POKÉMON
Til' the End of Time

OOC / IC

6FrY1ll.gif
The world of Pokemon is supposed to be a world filled with trust, hope, and love for living beings as they all work together to achieve their dreams.

However, in reality, this world is twisted.
Dark.
Lonely.
At least, in your eyes.

You're a somewhat intermediate Pokémon trainer who believes they have no place in modern society. You were different and older from the usual 10 year old brats who gained their first starter Pokémon and went off on their journey to become a Pokémon master or whatever their dream entails. No, growing up and with your own reasons, some way and some how you secretly want to change this rotten society, and the world.

Fortunately for you, one day you received a letter from the richest man in the Sinnoh region, Cyrus. In the letter, Cyrus invites you to the Sinnoh region, and to be an honorary member of the Team Galactic group: a righteous group who's secret purpose is to change this twisted world for the better. Influence that is only gained from being a powerful Pokemon Trainer.

Agreeing to the invitation, you set off to your destiny. How will you change this world? It's up to you.

Meet Team Galactic
Cyrus_OD.png
Saturn_OD.png
Mars_OD.png
Jupiter_OD.png
Charon_OD.png

Team Galactic is a group created by Cyrus in order to help new trainers, and to help keep Sinnoh structured. However, recent gossip has been going on that they do some pretty controversial work in the shadows. While they are a powerful group, Team Galactic are often shunned by society for their methods. For example, they steal from the wealthy citizens to give to the less fortunate... sort of like modern day Robin Hoods. Even though they have good intentions to change society from within, most people in society these days, even Gym Leaders, treat them as criminals for their crimes to begin with.

Honestly though, the members of the Team Galactic group are the biggest bunch of misfits you've ever seen. Their outfits are weird, and their personalities are even weirder, but they have strong convictions. Below you can see the most colourful members of all: the Galactic Commanders.

800px-Galactic_Commanders_Adventures.png

Jupiter
Jupiter_OD.png

Jupiter is knowledgeable, and strong, yet blunt, lazy, and hostile towards others, rubbing them the wrong way. She can be awfully judgmental of people, even from a first glance. Overtime she shows an odd sadistic and snide side to her, where she likes to torment tease others, yet at the same time, might indicate that she's warming up to them.

Dislikes: Annoying People, Snakes, MARS'S EMOTES

Mars
Mars_OD.png

Mars is cheerful, yet ditsy and air-headed, always being curious and not worrying much about things. She usually tries to raise the spirits of others, making her the mood maker of the group. She has problems reading the atmosphere in situations and just speaks out what comes to mind, sometimes making others surprised at her actions.

Dislikes: Veggies, Ghosts

Saturn
Saturn_OD.png

Saturn, while not known to be very social, is still the most responsible member of the group. He completes tasks and missions as efficiently as possible, takes care of his fellow members in need, even his pokemon are very well raised. He's a man who takes things very seriously - perhaps even too seriously.

Dislikes: Oppression

Charon
Charon_OD.png

Charon is... very eccentric. He goes on about "energy this", and "the moon" that... and he loves money. Loads, and loads of money. Perhaps he needs money for all the research he pours into, but, no one could ever figure him out. Then again, no one would dare to try.

Dislikes: Women

Rules & Regulations

Respect should always be given! As fellow RPers in this game, we should all work together to ensure that we all have the most fun and positive atmosphere that we can possibly have. So, please give others the respect that you would like to be given in return!

Rating is T for teen, so, descriptions of violence and romance should be kept on a decently tasteful level, something that a modest age group audience could enjoy.

Try to post at least once every 7 days. So before you consider joining here, you need to make that effort to keep your activity constant! If it's not within your power to post within 7 days, let me know beforehand and I can give you an extension! Otherwise, I'll have to free up your slot for someone else.

There are no levels in this RP. So, how pokemon learn new moves or evolves is by your own prerogative. That being said, try to be realistic and subtle with this; for example, a Dratini couldn't really evolve into a Dragonite in a very small amount of time

Wait for each new area! Don't really go off on your own to further areas until I show each area at a time. This is just to keep things less confusing and more organized for you.​

F.A.Q:

Q. So, we're part of Team Galactic?
A. Yes, just an honorary one. You're basically a trainer who travels through Sinnoh, but does the odd mission here and there.

Q. Does that mean we're the bad guys?
A. It's more of a moral shades of grey RP. Remember, your goal is to change the society you live in, but how you want to change society is up to you. Perhaps your character thinks society is twisted? Maybe its too carefree? This is a subjective manner, one that you decide.

Q. Can we make up NPCs and control any existing ones?
A. You can make up NPCs as you see fit, as well as play as characters like Gym leaders and such for your posts, although, I'll be roleplaying as the Galactics, so you shouldn't really bunny those characters.

Q. Will I be able to collect Gym Badges or participate in contests?
A. You can if your character is up for it, although, these sorts of events will be in the bare minimum. However, if you do them, expect to be awarded!

Q. What's the bare minimum for activity?
A. At least 1 post every 7 days. I'll remind you to try and keep up activity if you're behind, but, just keep that in mind.

Q. Something came up and I can't post the minimum. What should I do?
A. You should contact me as soon as possible so we can arrange an extension. I'm pretty lenient on this regard, so, most likely I'll honor your request. But, don't take it too likely; if your inactivity becomes a constant pattern, then your spot will most likely be freed up for someone else.

Q. Can we do a joint point from time to time?
A. Yes you may, but you also don't have to; you can also interact freely between posts instantly; it's up to you.

Q. How do we capture pokemon?
A. You don't have to wait for me to give approval; you can just capture pokemon however way you want to, but, try and not go overboard or overeager with this!

Q. How do we evolve pokemon?
A. Be sure to post in the OOC thread if you want a specific pokemon to evolve. If it looks good, I'll give you the OK for you to write up a simple post or event, however you want to do it, when your pokemon evolves.

Starter Pokemon & Mega Evolution

Mega Evolution is the strongest weapon that your pokemon has during battle. You've known your pokemon for months, even years, and thanks to the bond you share with it, it can Mega Evolve at will, thanks to the two Mega stones you and your pokemon possess.

zyaj7grl5js29jgwxfhq.gif

So, your starter Pokemon can be any non-legendary pokemon that can mega evolve. Each pokemon can only be claimed once by a roleplayer, so, once it's taken, it's gone! Except for Charizard who has two mega evolutions - it can be claimed twice by two different people, using one of the other mega evolution form. If you like seeing lists, check out the list of pokemon who can mega evolve here.

Signup:

Name: (First and Last)

Appearance: (hat does your character look like? You can also use a picture)

History: (What was your character's life like growing up? )

Strengths: (What is your character good at doing, and what do you think are the positive sides of your character?)

Weaknesses: (What is your character... not so good at? What are their negative sides?)

Starter Pokemon

Species: (Remember, it's any non-legendary pokemon that can mega evolve!)
Nickname: (purely optional, if none, just skip this)

Moveset: (Your pokemon can have up to 6 moves; regardless of species, it can learn any move up to level 30, as well as one egg move, one move tutor move, or one TM move).

Custom Mega-Attire: (Again, purely optional to fill out, but, if you don't like the standard Mega Bracelet, what sorts of Mega Evolution wear, or trinket do you want you and your Pokemon to have? For example, maybe a Mega Necklace? A Mega Pocket-Watch? Up to you! If not, then just leave this blank).

Accepted:

Jackson Crane (played by Jay)
Spoiler:

Scott Plaskett (Luster Purge)
Spoiler:

Kae Kassinski (played by Adventure)
Spoiler:

Victoria Levi (played by LinearAxel)
Spoiler:

Felix Sherman (played by Godzil)
Spoiler:

Odette Radiuju (played Nagi)
Spoiler:

Lucy Applefield (played by Noa)
Spoiler:

Talia Grants (played by Jill Sandwich)
Spoiler:

Maddie Calloway (played by Ozymandias)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Reserve me for Mega Gengar please, making an SU as of right now.~

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Jackson_Crane.png

So, eh... that chick with the blue hair asked me to answer some questions? I mean, I didn't know there'd be an interview, but hell, I guess a job's a job.

Name:
Jackson, Jackson Crane.

Appearance

History:
Veilstone ain't the nicest place to be at night, you'd think with those supposed fighting spirit freaks at the gym you'd feel a little safer, but our gym leaders a little girl, she can't do nothing to protect nobody. I grew up on the streets, if I'm bein' honest with you. Never really cared for nobody but myself, cept for my sister Mal. She ehm, she isn't really my sister if you're wondering. Neither of us really ever knew our parents, we grew up together at the same orphanage before they kicked us out. She's the closest thing I've ever had to a family, we'd scrape by on the generosity of other people and whatever odd jobs we could scrape together, no matter what happened it'd always be me and her at the end. She'd always give me **** for smoking y'know? Ha, never did listen, probably should've...

Mal is, well she's awfully sick sir.

This whole pokémon trainer gig, I never thought it'd be for me, but winning battles makes good money and her treatment ain't cheap. Not to mention they're increasing the damn charge every month I try to keep her in care. What was that? Oh, sorry, she's five years younger than me, she's seventeen. She got sick two years ago, that's right. I responded to your letter because I need money, I won't act like that's not why I'm here. This pokémon thing, it was always her dream not mine, I got no real right being here, doing this... but if I've gotta become champion to save her I will. No sir... I haven't taken the gym challenge yet. Yes sir, I plan to very soon. Realistically, no, I don't think I can become the champion but, I've gotta try for her sake.

My pokémon? Well, they're the one thing I got out of all this. When I was on my last penny and without anywhere else to turn I found Gaspar's pokéball dropped in the gutter. I thought it might've been empty when I picked it up, finding a gastly inside surprised me that's for sure. He's all over the place to be fair, completely out of his ghostly little mind, but he's good to me as I am to him. We've got a bond that isn't like any other I've had. He's a gengar now y'know? Seriously powerful stuff, we win most of the time now too! So that's why I decided to take on the gyms this year. With the funds I win there... and the payout from whatever work you can give me... well I'm hoping Mal will be able to have her eighteenth without lying on a stretcher.

Strengths:
What am I good at...? Well...

Street Smart:
I grew up on the streets of Veilstone, right down the road from this building. I've been in the dark alleys, been a part of the shady deals. I know how people work, how they think and operate, it isn't easy to lie to me. Yeah, yeah, maybe I'm not a genius.. but if there's one thing I know? It's people and the scams they try to pull. I've a knack for sussing out the truth for myself.

Innovative Tactics:
If there's one thing Gaspar and I know how to do? It's to fight with whatever comes to hand. People these days are so hung up on percentages and advantages, they're not looking at the things a pokémon might use to fight if left to its own devices. Some people call it fighting dirty, I like to call it fighting smart. Who needs "sand attack" when throwing dust in a pokemons eyes does the same thing nine times outta ten? Who needs wood hammer when you can circle throw a log with just as much force? The environment is your best friend if you wanna fight smart. Using it and being a little bit creative with how you use the moves you have makes most two bit wannabee's trip over their own feet because their precious rules are fallin' apart.

Ruthless and Loyal:
From what I got from your letter... you need people who can get the job done no matter what. Listen sir, I've gotten these kinda jobs before, less official like, but I know what I've gotta do. Mal's what's most important, if you help me help her? Your enemies are my enemies. You need some little kid put in their place? Gaspar and I got it under control. Got a personal rival you need taken care of? I'll do it for you. You need a different kind of damage done to a person... pokémon not becoming a factor? I'll get it done. Whatever it takes, you keep sending cheques to the hospital and you'll keep my loyalty in whatever it is you need me to do. I don't betray my friends.

Self Aware:
I know my strengths and I know my weaknesses, sometimes I charge in without thinking but I try to play within my limits and only challenge something stronger if it's a means to get tougher myself. I know I'm not the best person, I know I'm more flawed than most, but I want to work to be better than the sum of my parts.

Weaknesses:
I'm not the kind of guy to lie... so I'll tell ya;

Unlearned:
I didn't really get properly educated at the orphanage. Mostly due to the teachers incompetence, but I didn't really make an effort to show up either. I'm not the most literate guy in the world, I can speak alright most of the time I guess... but I can't really, well, read very well. Basic phrases and the like are the best I can do generally, potion, pokéball, I get that much... more complicated stuff goes over my head though. If we're talkin' numbers? I wouldn't even bother.

Temper:
I get angry pretty easy to be honest. I can't really hold back my eh... aggression. I punch things, punch people, I'd punch Gaspar sometimes if I could. Mal taught me to respect women though, I'd never hit a lady, I've got some class, but yeah. I suppose I'm easily angered, pretty easily goaded on, can't help it. It gets bad when I meet people who are full of themselves, people who act better than you because they have a better life... or because they know more useless facts, really pushes my buttons if ya catch my drift.

Soft Spot:
I know this'll sounds strange since I'm willing to do it but... I don't really like hurting people too much sir. I've kind of grown up my whole life doing it, I get tired y'know? Sometimes I end up wondering if it'll all be worth it in the end, or if I'm a fool for trying. Ahh, eh, don't worry about it though! I won't let it effect my work, guaranteed!

Smoking Addiction:
I tend to get the shivers without a cigarette every few hours, I've been on them since I was a teenager, never shook them. They help me relax I guess, whenever I'm angry they're usually what calms me down. It's a social thing too, y'meet people through it, but eh... I tend to be bad at keeping friends anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

Starter Pokémon:

Species:
He's a Gengar.

Nickname:
The pokéball had a label when I found him two years ago, said "Gaspar", so I named him that.

Moveset:
Gaspar can use...
  • Shadow Ball
  • Sucker Punch
  • Shadow Punch
  • Confuse Ray
  • Hypnosis
  • Thunder Punch

Custom Mega-Attire:
Oh, you wanna know about Gaspar's power up thing? Yeah I found it with his pokéball just dumped in some alley if you can believe it... see it's this fingerless glove I'm wearing, the weird stone affixed to the palm glows when I hold it out towards him and Gaspar gets this crazy new shape and power. It eh, doesn't really last a long time though.

So... eh... do I get the job or what?

Gengar_footer.png

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Jackson Crane

Your SU is accepted, so long as you do your best to be as active as you can be; don't be shy to let me know if something ever comes up beforehand~

I do like your character; classic bad boy with a heart of gold? c:

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Untitled.png

The Key Stone is in his necklace.
That's the only reason he wears it.
Scott Plaskett
20-year old male

History

Most of Scott's day is filled with wishes that he could be a little kid again, back when everything was so simple, and he didn't have to deal with the society that seemed to be out to make him broke and homeless. The greed of those in power, or even just the concept of it, can affect anyone, even those who grew up happy and those who always had a roof over their head and food on their plate. Scott, in particular, was one of these people who had a decent childhood.

Growing up, Scott's life really wasn't that special. Like most kids, he just went to school for most of the year, and he was always with his tight-knit circle of friends. But as he grew older, he started to enjoy them less and less, a lot of them were starting to become quite annoying.

So he began to spend more time by himself. He went out for walks around his hometown, Canalave City, where he began to overhear the conversations of the adult residents. He heard of their troubles, the things they had to do to earn a living because of the people in power who were making everything cost more and more so that they could be rolling in money. Because he was so quick to jump to conclusions, this scared him about his life after he graduated from school. How was he going to survive if this was only getting worse?

With these ideas constantly looming over him, he began to fall into what was almost a depression. As he barely had any plans, he found himself in a position where he saw more and more news stories. All the idiotic things that people did, combined with his idea of a "capitalist-overrun society", as he called it, pushed him deeper into the hole of depression and eventually became pure disgust and hatred towards society. Yet he couldn't find help, because he hid this from his parents.

When Scott was fourteen, he went on a trip with his parents to Eterna City to visit some family members. Towards the outskirts of Eterna, they came across a traveling salesman who was selling some Pokemon. One of which was a Mareep, who seemed to take a liking to Scott immediately. He convinced his parents to let him buy it, for it was the one Pokemon that wasn't too overpriced, and the two have been with eachother since.

They went out every day to train, and sometimes, as they sat out in the woods, he wished he could be a Pokemon too and escape from all the troubles that society brought down on him. The next best thing, in his mind, was spending time with his Mareep, so they began to go out even more. After a couple years, he evolved into a Flaffy and then finally an Ampharos.

By the time he was eighteen, he had gone out on his own to try and be a Pokemon Trainer. He was successful at first, but as he took on stronger and stronger Trainers, he began to lose battles. Eventually, he began to lose so much that he stopped making a profit from battling. He just had a little bit of cash left, and the thoughts that haunted him as a child began to come back. Was it time to give up and get a real job?

Now we are almost up to the time where Scott received the letter from Cyrus. He had given up as a Trainer and was on his way back to Canalave. About halfway there, he encountered a small little shop that claimed to be selling "Mega Stones". Scott had never heard of these, but it seemed like it would be able to help him win a battle for once. Although deep in his mind, he felt that this was just a scam, he caved in and bought one for Ampharos with the rest of his money. If it didn't work, too bad, he was going home anyway. With the purchase, they also gave him a Key Stone in a necklace. He hated it, but he had to wear it to accomplish the alleged Mega Evolution.

They began to try to use it against wild Pokemon in the area. After several failed attempts, they managed to accomplish the Mega Evolution, much to Scott's surprise. However, when it ended, Ampharos was incredibly tired. They would need to work on that.

Now he finds himself presented with the chance to change society "for the better". He accepted the invitation without hesitation, thinking of the struggle he went through just to survive, and so Scott is now one of the recruited honorary members of Team Galactic.

Strengths

Scott is very analytical and is able to figure out a situation reasonably. Because of this, he is able to develop good strategies in battle and in life. Although his methods tend to be unique, they work most of the time. Most. Also, he's knowledgeable about the world and society, and he has a fairly good memory.

Scott is well aware of what he's good at and what he's not as good at, and he tries his best to play to his strengths. He can learn things pretty quickly, and you'll often find him trying to put those things to use. He's very skilled at interacting with Pokemon, and he's okay at interacting with other people. Scott's strengths have played a pretty important role in his life, even though he's sometimes hesitant to accept that he actually is strong in these areas.

Weaknesses

While Scott is good at developing a strategy, he often underestimates his opponent and is completely shocked when they pull something unexpected. He does things very by-the-book and does not tolerate people bending rules and laws in his presence. However, he will often accept it if he can benefit from it and the potential consequences aren't too bad.

Meanwhile, Scott doesn't do well in society. He knows the corruption beneath the seemingly happy surface, and it changes his outlook on a lot of things. He is very critical of himself and often struggles to accept his strengths, because he doesn't think that he's worth much. He constantly compares himself to the people around him, and so he never feels that he's good enough. Although Scott tries to change the world for the better, he does not actually believe that he can do it alone. This is why he joined Team Galactic.

Ampharos
Thunder Punch - Confuse Ray - Electro Ball
Power Gem - Cotton Spore - Outrage (Tutor)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
WRkmJXR.jpg
[/IMG]

Name: Kae Kassinski

Appearance: Kae is a moderately tall, pale girl. She was always a bit too thin and pointy in all of her features to be considered beautiful, at least according to herself. Boys nor girls ever interested her anyways. Her hair used to be very long and sandy brown, but she recently cut it off and started dying it vividly red with dye she made herself from berries and oils. Mostly as a statement. Her eyes are naturally a bright brown shade, almost amber in tone.

She wears bright jeans, usually very slim since she'd look even thinner with baggy ones. Sturdy brown boots made of synthetic "leather" cover her feet, and on her upper body she usually wears a double set of sleeveless tops (black underneath and some bright color on top). Bra? As if she'd ever needed one (ignore the bustyness of the picture pls hahaha). If needed, she wears a really long green knitted scarf wrapped around her neck or upper body.

History: Kae Kassinski grew up in Hoenn, where the political parties Magmats and Aquans were all over the news with their opinions and activities. When Kae became a teenager, things escalated; criminal teams sprung up, claiming to support and fight for the causes of the political parties. Hoenn saw many dire situations, and was eventually thrown into turmoil when Team Magma and Team Aqua tried to use ancient pokémon powers to reach their environmental goals. Luckily, the region survived the catastrophe, and the criminal teams were in most part disbanded when their leaders were arrested.

Kae's father had been part of Team Magma. He was arrested along with his leader, and Kae and her mother were barely allowed to visit him for years as he was put in jail. Even though Kae and her mother had agreed with Magmat politics, Kae had never been impressed with Team Magma's actions. Even less so after this disaster. She concluded that Magma and Aqua had both simply used the environment and lives of pokémon as excuses to further their own dark goals for humanity. Disgusted by this, she started retreating more and more from fellow humans, at least as soon as she saw any signs of them not caring about the nature around them. Her father arranged for her to be given a pokémon as a partner, in his absence, and even though she didn't like the fact that it came from him, she nursed her little Treecko with greatest care. He picked up on her antagonistic emotions when around certain people though, and developed a slightly mischievous and sadistic nature...

Strengths:
Natural Scavenger
Kae recognizes most berries found in nature, at least in Hoenn where she grew up. She knows what plants can be useful for plenty of different situations, such as for food or shelter or even as various tools.

Vengeful Resolve
When it comes to crimes against nature or pokémon, there is little that can stop Kae from punishing those she deem guilty. She will not feel bad for hurting those who have hurt others.​

Weaknesses:
Human Hatred
Over the course of her life, she has come to despise humanity for many things. There are some people she will respect and enjoy being around, but she usually much prefers the company of pokémon. They usually don't aid the environmental destruction quite as much. Usually. Her animosity for humankind causes problems when she tries to be a trainer. Trainers, as well all know, grow in fame and strength by battling other trainers. Who are, usually, humans.

Beauty of Nature
Kae is way too easily swayed, lured or taken away by pretty sights or things from nature. Give her a marvelous bouquet of flowers, and she'll at least talk to you. Point out a rainbow in the middle of a battle, and she'll be distracted. Even tales of nature can convince her to follow a person when she otherwise wouldn't have. Cyrus might have used something like that to persuade her to become an honorary member of Team Galactic...

Pokémon:
Species: Sceptile
Nickname: Root

Moveset:
* Leaf Blade
* Quick Attack
* Mega Drain
* Leaf Storm
* Dragon Claw
* Pursuit​

Custom Mega-Attire: A locket in a gold chain around Kae's neck holds the keystone inside. It doesn't need to be opened for Mega Evolution to happen, but in some battles, Kae opens it just for dramatic effect. Root wears his mega stone hanging on a leather strap, wrapped several times sturdily around his wrist.

mega_sceptile_by_denovember-d88tqjx.png

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Scott Plaskett

Looks interesting; Accepted! So your character is someone who was down on his luck when it came to finances? And he wants to change the government to.. help the poor? Something around that? Hmm, maybe the person your character bought a mega stone from can be part of a NPC you can make for a storyline of yours? 8D

And ah, if you promise to be as active as you can and check often, then I'll be happy to put you in indefinitely.

adventure said:
Kae Kassinski

Oooh, surprisingly dark! Accepted!

So she takes environmentalism to the extreme. c: That can play out well for some storylines and missions I have in mind, ohoho. Unless you're cooking up something for her?

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Looks interesting; Accepted! So your character is someone who was down on his luck when it came to finances? And he wants to change the government to.. help the poor? Something around that? Hmm, maybe the person your character bought a mega stone from can be part of a NPC you can make for a storyline of yours? 8D

And ah, if you promise to be as active as you can and check often, then I'll be happy to put you in indefinitely.

Yeah, pretty much. The way he sees it, it's not a choice, anyone can end up struggling to live, and he wants that changed. I will be active.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

"I'm not here to end the world, just to change it."

victoria_zpsoikzq6nb.png

Name: Victoria Levi

Appearance: Victoria stands at 5'7, with a lithe build and wavy blonde hair that sways down past her waist. Her eyes are a light shade of blue, and the right is typically hidden behind her bangs. She can typically be found wearing shades of blue, in order to make the visible eye 'pop.'

History: Victoria grew up in foster care, raised by a man who, while a good example of hard work and determination, was hardly a loving parental figure. Once Victoria realized that her foster-father gained a monthly stipend for looking after her, she grew quick to anger. He was no longer a parental unit in her eyes—just some man that wanted to get paid for putting a roof over a kid's head. That's when her problem with authority first began to blossom; While she did not blatantly disrespect her foster father, she did spend as much time as possible away from him, joining a small band of fellow angst ridden teens that bonded over their anger with their parents, and their distrust for 'the man.' As Victoria grew, so did her desire to challenge authority, and her craving for change. She began to develop a strong interest in the 'teams' from other regions that were gaining world wide recognition. These people didn't want to end the world, they didn't want to enslave it, they wanted to change it, and to be frank, the world needs changing.

Strengths:
Cunning: Victoria loves the art of deceit. That, combined with her determined nature makes her quite a cunning young lady.
Agile: Victoria spent a lot of her youth running from something. Years of running, leaping over fences/walls, and ducking down into small hiding spaces have helped her become a very agile young adult.
Acting: Similarly, Victoria often needed to lie herself out of less than beneficial situations, something she became quite creative with. She can weave extravagant tales with no time to prepare, create a false identity with an equally false backstory, feign pain , confusion and innocence, and even speaks with different accents.
Confident: Victoria is capable, and she knows it. Her calm and cool confidence has a way of rubbing off on others, as well.

Weaknesses:
Downright…just not nice: Victoria can be rude, she can be crude, and she can be socially unacceptable. She has a sharp tongue, and lacks the filter to keep it to herself. If she doesn't like something (or someone) she will make it known; generally with mockery and biting insults.
Manipulative: Victoria's love for putting on a show is for the simple sake of manipulation. She often feigns innocence or fear in order to manipulate another into doing her work for her, or giving out information they never meant to give.
Smug: Victoria's confidence can be a little overbearing for some. She carries an heir of superiority about her that can make her difficult to deal with.
Kleptomaniac: Victoria has an eye for shiny things, and sometimes just doesn't feel like waiting in line in order to pay, so…she steals things. Often.

Starter Pokemon

Species: Absol
Nickname: Sabre

Moveset:
1. Night Slash
2. Swords Dance
3. Slash
4. Double Team
5. Future Sight
6. Shadow Claw (™)

Custom Mega-Attire: As seen in the image above, Victoria has attached her keystone to her choker necklace.

mega_absol_by_dazkdusk-d6hr6v8.png

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
I'm too involved with two other RPs to join this one, but I'll definitely be a spectator!!! You guys officially have fan #1 :P

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Victoria Levi

Oooh interesting; so she has terrible parents which made her want to challenge authority? c:

Just a little question before I accept you - why does your character want to change society specifically? Interesting how she taken a shine to other teams but, I just wonder if she has any ulterior motive herself. o:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Gonna be working on an SU tonight. Aiming for either Charizard or Scizzor. Still not sure. :T

Years

Felix

Name: Felix Sherman

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Felix is short and stocky, standing a mere 4' 10", with light skin marred by scars and bruises. His hair is reddish-brown, and he wears it long to cover his large ears. His eyes are large and brown, accentuated by his bold eyebrows, and people often mistook him for being younger than he was until he started growing stubble on his chin.

He prefers to dress comfortably, wearing simple t-shirts and jeans, with soft athletic shoes. He wouldn't stand out in a crowd, if not for the sword at his back. The sword is a ninjato, a family heirloom, which he keeps strapped in the center of his back, mostly hidden under his backpack.

History: Felix grew up in Mahogany Town, although his parents came from another country. Felix never asked where, as he didn't really care. He was taught to fend for himself, to make his own success, and to help others when they needed it. Being young and naive, he obeyed, but didn't see the sense in becoming strong and independent if no one else would. Why should he work hard, only to give away the fruits of his labor to those who didn't? He became rebellious, using his size and the skills he had learned to steal from people, not for profit or charity, but for the thrill. But eventually, even theft stopped being fun. The people were too lazy, too complacent, to offer any real challenge to him.

When he was 10, he was allowed to catch his first Pokemon, taking a trip all the way to Goldenrod to participate in the Bug Catching Contest. Although he didn't win, he was allowed to keep his Bug, who became his closest friend. He never went on a journey, but since his and his Bug's favorite thing to do was eat, he decided to become a chef. After completing home schooling at 14, he went to a trade school to learn how to cook, easily becoming more skilled than his good-for-nothing classmates, who didn't care about food at all. After graduating at the top of his class, he decided he couldn't stand Johto anymore. He wanted to move, so his parents suggested the Sinnoh region. They knew people in Veilstone City who could help him get his start. He was gifted his grandfather's sword, so he would never forget his roots and the lessons his parents had taught him.

After obtaining a travel visa (and permit to carry a weapon), he officially moved to Veilstone, ready to begin his new life in a new country. Unfortunately, he didn't know anybody, was judged for his accent, and didn't really fit in (literally and figuratively). He ended up working a dead-end job at a diner that he was overqualified and underpaid for, living in a small apartment next to a bunch of space rocks that were probably radioactive. (This theory seemed highly likely, considering the stone in his sword reacted to the meteorites, and he found a fragment of one that caused Pinsir to mutate under stress.) So it was a surprise to him when he was offered a position on a team, where he could make a difference in the world. He decided he would do it, that he would help people like his parents wanted. He would help them get over their lazy, complacent lifestyles, and make them work for a better world!

Strengths:

Versatile:
Felix has had to make do with very few possessions, so he uses tools with multiple applications and finds ways of improvising. He carries a lot of these multitaskers with him, so he almost always has something useful on hand.

Stealthy:
With his small size, training, and experience as a thief, Felix is really good at getting into places he doesn't belong, and enjoys doing it. Beyond just sneaking, he can blend into a crowd, talk people into helping him out, and is stronger and faster than he seems.

Helpful:
He may enjoy larceny and want to jolt the population out of their peaceful lives, but Felix genuinely likes helping people out. As much as he would prefer people do things for themselves, he just can't say no to someone legitimately in need of assistance.

Weaknesses:

Arrogant:
Felix is skilled in a variety of activities, and he knows it. He's proud of what he's accomplished, no matter how irrelevant it may be, and he tends to oversell his worth. He demands to be taken seriously and has been known to overstep his bounds from time to time.

Aimless:
Generally unsatisfied with how simple he finds things, Felix is easily bored and will do anything to have some fun. This includes falling back on his old habits, and was probably a factor in him joining Team Galactic. He's also distracted easily, as he lacks focus.

Starter Pokemon

Species: Pinsir
Nickname: Suplex (often further shortened to "Lex")

Moveset: Vice Grip, Quick Attack (Egg), Seismic Toss, Vital Throw, Brick Break, X-Scissor

Custom Mega-Attire: Rather than wearing his Key Stone on a piece of jewelry, his stone is set into the hilt of his sword. When activating Mega Evolution, he merely needs to grab the handle, but he'll often draw the sword for dramatic effect. Pinsir wears his Mega Stone on a championship belt, with the stone set into the golden belt buckle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
zePB3YO.jpg
ODETTE RADIUJU
→ age 20, from Canalave City

-

Appearance: (What does your character look like?)

''Oh, very clever. You've found out about my 'condition'. I guess with someone of your background it was rather inevitable. Or do you think it's easy to see, from my pale skin and colourless eyes? Honestly, now that I've dyed my hair black nobody even seems to notice anymore. I'd take to wearing contact lenses, but they irritate my eyes so, and it's hard enough to keep this eyeliner looking good. You must've been surprised when you saw my eyes light up like that in the picture, though, no?

I know I dress nicely, too, but it's all a part of keeping up appearances. A nice shirt, a pastel cardigan, some cute shorts and tights, and people will be much more easy to work with. Don't you worry though, I can run just fine even if my boots have heels. Though not very far... but that's another side-effect.''

History: (What was your character's life like growing up?)

''With a last name like mine, I'm sure you have heard of me. Or of my father, I should say. Marche Radiuju, exploiter of the largest import company in all of Sinnoh, and his wife, the socialite and contest spectacular Ritz. Blah, blah, blah. But I'm completely unknown. Most people don't even know I exist. My father always said it was to protect me, that I would be better off growing up out of the spotlight. But he took it far enough that after primary school, I barely even saw the sunlight anymore. I'm sure he thought that was the best. It was easy enough to excuse what with my affliction, too. But it was hardly for my sake. Having their 'sickly' daughter out in the open, would make her an easy target for paparazzi as well as kidnappers. They see me more as a burden than anything. Oh and before you give me all that "tough love" crap, no. I've heard them talking behind my back. Neither of my parents thinks I'm remotely fit to follow in either of their footsteps.

Whatever. They may as well be right. I couldn't be in the public eye. Even outside my family, none of the few people I've come into contact with have ever cared for me. If anything, they poked their fun. "Little prissy grandma", they called me. At some point the bullying got so bad that I begged my mother to dye my hair. And she did, however reluctantly. I still remember her pained expression the first time she bowed over me to apply it. A direct confrontation with her daughter's most repulsive feature. It must've been traumatizing for both of us.

The only thing they ever got right was Grace. And really, even that they messed up in a way. When we first met, I was only 8. I'd been through so much at school by then that their ultimate plan was to get me a Pokémon friend. A Ralts. 'The Feeling Pokémon.' With everything I was dealing with, that poor little thing stayed as far away from me as it could. But I was told that, like me, it was different from others of its kind. 'And for that reason, all the more beautiful.' Nice touch. Either way, very slowly but surely, she warmed up to me, as I did to her. Now, as a Gardevoir, she is my sole companion, and the only being in this world I would trust with my life.

So, yeah. Does it really come as a surprise to you that I would respond to this invitation? It's a way out. A road to... redemption, I suppose. Now that I'm an adult, my family has set me free. There's no point in holding up the worthless ties to them or anyone else. I can fend for myself. And for you, if you let me."

Strengths: (What is your character good at doing, and what do you think are the positive sides of your character?)

''When you have as many weaknesses as I do, it's important to play to one's strengths. Let's see... I suppose most beneficial to you is my apathy. I've learned this world is filled with people who fend for themselves only, and so I've become one of them. I'm fully independent, albeit with the help I've gathered - my saving Grace, as well as the wealth of money my father sent me off with. Apart from that, I can't say I have many redeeming qualities... although I guess my old home tutor used to say I was bright for my age.''

Weaknesses: (What is your character... not so good at? What are their negative sides?)

''Weaknesses aplenty. I mean, it's obvious my lacking physical strength is a big one. My stamina nor strength are good, and I have a rather pesky relationship with the sun and its rays. I'll be sure to deal with that, though. I always make sure to coat any exposed skin with sunscreen, and down the line a Pokémon with Rain Dance could do the trick. Other than that, as you may have noticed, I'm rather alone, in that I have no connections that would willingly lend me a hand - but I might be able to pull some strings by mentioning my surname nonetheless.
If you'd ask others, I've been told I'm apathetic, selfish, and withdrawn... sarcastic, ungrateful, and lazy... among other things. I'll leave you to judge which of those ring true.''​

PARTNER POKÉMON

Species: Gardevoir
Nickname: Grace

Moveset:
PSYCHIC / CALM MIND / DRAINING KISS /
TELEPORT / MAGICAL LEAF / PAIN SPLIT

Custom Mega-Attire: ''The Key Stone for dear Grace's evolution
is in this brooch. It's an antique, silver artefact that I received from
my paternal grandmother. It originally had a silhouette of some
ancestor in the center, but where I'm going I have no use for that.''

Last edited:

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Lucy Applefield

Appearance:

XVorhzP.png

Standing at 5'3" with a short blonde bob, Lucy is often mistaken as younger than she is. She has a rather stoic face. She prefers comfortable clothes while traveling.

History: When her parents lives were taken by a freak accident while exploring in Whirpool Islands, Lucy's pleasant, fun childhood in Olivine City came to a halt. Having no family in Johto, or any other region for that matter, Lucy was handed off from family to family all across the region. Due to unchecked grief, she was a very difficult child that many people found hard to handle. Finally, she found a permanent home in Kanto, with a caring old couple in Lavender Town. However, by that point it was too late, and Lucy had already become disillusioned with the world. The only constant in her life was her lifelong Pokemon, a Beedrill named Medicine, or Medi, that she had received from her parents on her 5th birthday. Every town she stayed at she collected bullies like flies, and never stayed in one place long enough to make any genuine friends. Learning to battle with Medicine, to allow him to protect her, was her only weapon. Becoming an adult, and becoming more aware of her surroundings, she realizes that the only ones she can truly trust is herself and her Beedrill.
Surely things won't be like this forever, she'd ask herself, while Medi comforted her. On her 18th birthday, her prayers were answered, and she received a fateful letter from Cyrus, asking her if she wanted to make a difference in the world. Jumping at the chance to make society an easier place for everyone, so that no one would have to go through what she did, Lucy takes the opportunity.

Strengths: After living in over 10 different towns/cities throughout her lifetime, Lucy is very adaptable. She is used to packing her bags often, so she is a seasoned traveler. After running away from home multiple times, she knows how to survive on the streets. In addition to being a skilled battler with Medicine, she is rather proficient in knife fighting.
She is very knowledgeable about Pokemon, spending most of her free time studying them and observing them in their natural habitat.

Weaknesses: Due to her upbringing, Lucy is extremely distrustful of strangers. Lucy isn't sure if she'll ever be able to fully trust another human being again. She is also prone to anxiety attacks in which she will run away and close herself off from the world. Interacting with others is an uphill battle for her.

Starter Pokemon
015MS.png

Species: Beedrill
Nickname: Medicine

Moveset: Poison Jab/Drill Run/X-Scissor/Aerial Ace/Knock Off/Iron Defense

Custom Mega-Attire:
Both Lucy and Medicine wear a choker necklace. The mega stone is fitted right in the center of Lucy's necklace.​

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
Interesting role-play. While I'm personally too involved in my own lot, this is just the twist on the conventional "good guy" set up that the theatre needs.

I'll hope this becomes longstanding. Bless.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
"Talia Grants"​
Talia_zpstwfqk8tq.png
"Truth be told, I'm a little nervous over this whole thing. I've uh... never really had to do an interview for anything before, so saying I'm out of my comfort zone for the moment would be a vast understatement. It's probably for the best if we just make this blunt, yeah? No need to fancy up words, exaggerate to make myself look better, or any of that other sort of crap. I'll just put it all out on the table for ya. My name's Talia... Talia Grants. I'm 17 years old, born and raised in Sunyshore City, and in case you're either dumb, blind, or some screwed up combination of the two, I'm a girl."

Appearance: "Is this group really one that wants to focus on looks over potential? I guess if you just have to know, I don't have a choice... Fine, whatever. I'm about 5'7" tall, give or take an inch. I guess you could say I'm what slender. There's probably more than a few girls out there with better curves than me, but I could honestly give a crap less about that. I like to dress casually. Denim shorts, boots, either tank tops or t-shirts... No matter what I wear, I keep my leather jacket close at hand. It's probably the most expensive thing I wear... and honestly my only real prized possession. Let's just say it'd be in your best interest to keep your hands off, alright? My hair is naturally black, but I do like the color purple. That should explain the streak I've got running through it. I know that's not exactly the most professional looking detail on me, but let's be honest... Are you really going to base my application on how easy I am on the eyes, or the skills I bring to the table?

Piercings? I have a few. One in each ear, one in my navel, and one in my upper left ear. I have a tattoo of a Koffing's crossbones on my left shoulder. I dunno exactly how you guys feel about that sort of thing, but since I always have my jacket on... I doubt you'll see much of it anyways. Oh yeah! There's also my choker. Now that I think about it, it's probably the actual most important thing I own. Let's just say that my partner wouldn't be half as kick-ass as she is now without it. I think it's safe to say that you need to keep your hands off of it too, at least if you like your organs being inside your body."

History: "I already told you I was born and raised in Sunyshore. Do you really need any more info than that? Fine... whatever. I lived in Sunyshore City with my old lady. My father? Nah, I dunno where he is. Truth be told, I don't even know who he is. Apparently after he knocked up my old lady, the jerkhole split town. She never heard from the guy again. Honestly, if all it took was a surprise from a backseat grope-fest to chase him off to parts unknown then I call that no big loss. I'm sure the guy's living it up some trashcan by now. Or dead. I really couldn't care less, you know? But enough harping on and on about that grand aspect of my life. There's a bit more to go over than that.

So, I was raised on my own by my mom. Money was really never something we had a lot of. She did her best working full-time as a waitress over at a diner in the city. Can't really be bothered to remember the name of it... It's been a while since I've been home... Anyways, the old lady often had to work really long shifts just to make ends meet enough to where we didn't starve and sleep under the stars every night. Needless to say, that gave me a lot of personal time with me, myself, and I. It wasn't that bad, really. It gave me a lot of time just to see how screwed up humanity is. In particular, how messed up people with waaaay too much money are. Lemme define it for you in some one word phrases.

Entitled.

Elitest.

Souless.

Greedy.

Heartless.

Being on my own for so long really put things into perspective for me. It wasn't exactly a well-hidden secret that there were people in Sunyshore City who were on the extreme bottom end of the financial level of existence. We were included in that. So, you would think that those with more than enough cash to spare would do their part to help those of us who were less than fortunate, right? Well lemme tell ya now, that's a load of crap. Those wealthy pigs could care less what happens to those without money. As long as they get to fill their fat guts with booze and food, they're happy. The rest of us can just rot away to Hell for all they care. It's probably a bit harsh to say that, but I really don't care. I guess you could say the whole thing really set me down the path I am now. Relying on one person, myself. Well, almost myself. There is one thing in life that I've had to keep me from probably collapsing under the weight of society crushing down on me. And that would be my partner, Ashe.

I found her when I was probably about 10 or so. She's was just a Charmander back then. The poor thing was abandoned, and from the look of the ball I found her in... she was kept in a Luxury Ball, it was probably from snot-nosed asshat that screamed for a Pokémon when he was little, played with her twice and then tossed her out when he got bored. Whatever... their loss was my gain. We bonded quick. After all, we had a lot in common. Out on the streets a lot, no one really there to raise us, no father... I guess you could say it was a match made in heaven. My old lady really wasn't too keen on the idea of pets... Don't tell Ashe I said that, she holds grudges forever. Anyways, I really couldn't keep her at home... So, I took to raising her in secret. The first thing I had to do was raise her back to health. When I found her, that flame on her tail was barely lit. Needless to say, I lost a bit of weight that summer. Most of my dinner was constantly saved and delivered to Ashe. I dunno how long it really took, but eventually I got her back up to full health. The more time we spent together, the closer our bond got as well. Time flew by, and before I knew it she had grown into the power beast of a Charizard I know her as today. It was about that time that you blessed me with this invitation. Based on my story, I hope it's obvious enough why I'm here now."

Strengths: "You're carrying this to a bit of an extreme, yeah? Well, if you really wanna keep playing 40 Questions, I guess I'll oblige. I'd like to think that I'm pretty strong physically. Spending so much time outside gave me more than just a bit of physical conditioning. I'm brutally honest as well. I really don't care if it hurts your feelings, but if you're doing something stupid or even if it's just how ugly a dress looks on you, I'm gonna let ya in on it. Also what I lack in book smarts, I more than make up for with my street smarts. Again, constantly spending so much time on my own outside forced me to develop a bit more common sense faster than others my own age. it's also gonna take a bit of work for someone if they think they're gonna pull the Mareep wool over my eyes."

Weaknesses: "I'd like to think I'm perfect as is. But I guess I'll dig in for a bit and see what I can come up with... Well, I guess one problem is that I've got a bit of a temper. If someone is annoying or doesn't know when to shut up, I can lose it quite easy. I tend to keep to myself a bit more than I probably should. I guess when most people around me for so long have all been trash, it really shouldn't be that big of a surprise that I really don't care for a lot of people. I tend to bend the truth at times as well. I mean, don't worry. Most of what I said is 100% true. But let's be real, is my honestly really why you sent me an invite?"

mega_charizard_x_by_shinyscyther-d6pzgr2.png

Species: Charizard

Nickname: Ashe

Moveset: Fire Fang | Flame Burst | Aerial Ace | Dragon Claw | Smoke Screen | Scary Face

Custom Mega Attire: "Oh, you mean that stone-thing that helps her get even more badass? Yeah, I keep that on my choker. I really don't understand how it works, to be frank. We found the thing in some alley a summer or so ago. She seemed to like the thing, so I kept it. It's more or less just some rock, when you look at it."

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Oooh interesting; so she has terrible parents which made her want to challenge authority? c:

Just a little question before I accept you - why does your character want to change society specifically? Interesting how she taken a shine to other teams but, I just wonder if she has any ulterior motive herself. o:

The world is a mess and I just...need to rule it.

That quote popped into my head when I read this. ^^; Victoria wants to change society because she sees it as something in desperate need of a makeover. The rich get richer by taking more than their share and stepping on the 'little man,' and clearly altering the entire universe is the way to change that (she's a bit of a misguided youth).

As of now she has no ulterior motive...but she's keeping her options opened. c;

Back