Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help
Reload this Page [HGSS] HG/SS Team Recommendation

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Old November 7th, 2011 (12:13 PM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
So I've just started a new game on Pokémon Soul Silver but I can't come to a final decision for a good team. I want it to be a team of 6 or 5 Pokémon including 1 flying type all mainly from Johto wouldn't mind having a Kanto/Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokémon or two. So far I've come up with Typhlosion, Gengar, Noctowl, Eeveelution (Any) and Drapion

Any suggestions for a 6th or any way I could change to make it better I'd really appreciate it.
Old November 7th, 2011 (09:51 PM).
Forever
let it go

Well, generally we can't really help much unless we see what kind of movesets you were interested in and go from there.

Either way, personally, for the eeveelution, you're probably better off going with something that can support your team since you're undecided - either Umbreon or Espeon could do this (wish/STAB and two others - Calm Mind Espeon and depends for Umbreon). But! Vaporeon, on the other hand, can really help you with water absorb, though only one of your Pokemon are weak to water, so it isn't that much of an issue -- however two are weak to ground, so it COULD be helpful. Flareon generally sucks, and Jolteon is pretty good with its speed, so it's really up to you.

Personally, I think Pidgeot can be a lot more useful, it's faster, can abuse Return better than Noctowl and generally is good throughout the game. :x

As for another Pokemon, I think it's best to see what you'd like to give the others and check your weaknesses, using another Pokemon to cover them.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links