• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
I ran into a nasty bug: talking to the shopkeeper on Two Island for the first time in a new playthrough caused the game to crash and reset.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
No; in fact, I lost two badges worth of progress because I don't save my game nearly as often as I should...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
No; in fact, I lost two badges worth of progress because I don't save my game nearly as often as I should...

WOWSERS thats a long time between saves lol

Im not seeing any issues in the script here... ill keep looking (and here in a bit ill be caught up to you anyway, im in pokemon mansion)

he says 4 different things...
1 for before lostelle,
1 after lostelle
1 after beating all 8 gym leaders
and 1 after becoming champ...

so my question is, is it glitched completely or just for the before lostelle comments...

the only thing i modified in that event is the store items for the final store (after becoming champ) but sometimes thing happen in areas I did not modify... so ill keep looking into it.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
Just made it back to that point, and the shop worked fine this time...

EDIT: After beating the Elite Four, I visited Dread Mountain's basement for the first time in this playthrough, and Kyogre wasn't there. Groudon, however, was.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I wanted to give a little update with some of the fun little thing I have added while I fix glitches for the 1.21 release...

in addition to the ditto/mew fan lore I added to the pokedes:
Ditto.PNG

I have added a fun challange based completely in fan lore... BURIEDALIVE

buriedalive is a creepypasta story about an alternate ending (sort of) for the japanese gen 1 games.. its not that I believe the story (i dont, not even a little bit) or even like it... it just got alot of recognition and seemed like something fun to add from a developers point of view...

no it wont crash your game or wreck your rom (i wanted it to give a game over screen but have not figured that out yet) its just a challanging battle with pokemon over lv 90...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8H_flAc4EA

there is a video of me fighting it (im around 45-50)

look up the original story to see how ridiculous it is... but its fun to play with ;)

i hope that tides you over until I can release the glitch free 1.21

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Hi, I just registered to reply on this thread, lol. I've been playing this hack for a few days and just got stuck at pokemon mansion so i downloaded the 1.21 patch and am trying it out, as well as the guide (don't wanna miss any hidden objects haha :P)

Anyways, i just noticed that there are several items in the underground pathway (cerulean - vermilion) and guess what? I can't find ANY of them, either by blind searching or with the Item-finder. Not sure if that's a bug or something, probably like the statues issue in the mansion, so I just wanted to note it here. Just in case, i didn't get any response with the Item Finder in version 1.20 either.

EDIT: Oh, I just wanted to add that I read you could get a porygon2 evolving porygon at level 25, however, the porygon you get at the game center is already at that level and further leveling up won't lead to evolution... Is the evolution working properly, as you should be allowed to delay evolution past the required level, or is it because of how i got it? I hope someone can clarify me that.. :) Great game so far btw, I haven't had so much fun in a while.

Oh, something i found out is that you can take low level pokemon to route 6 and use the VS Seeker with the last 3 trainers to level up quickly. Bug catcher Elijah is specially good since it has a Butterfree lvl 20 with paralysis, poison, and sleep spores and Supersonic.. hence, it will NEVER hurt your low level pokemon directly (you can always heal when needed), and you'll get 684 exp from him, which is very good, the others might need to use the switch out trick, but with exp share you can still get those pokemon 3/4 of the exp.

---

Edit2: I just went to battle against BuriedAlive and I got Oak's first battle tutorial which i assume it's not intended to happen, and after switching pokemons the sprite is missing unless you go to the party screen and get back to battle :S

I am aware that is not a glitch free version yet, so should I report these things through PM or something? I checked the official website and there wasn't a contact email or anything. Also I re-visited the Rocket hideout in Celadon city and I got second coins refill there, but that's probably because i'm playing a rom with 1.21 applied now.

---

Edit3: Agghh, I thought it was weird the first time i went through it! Following the guide i re-visited the Catacombs in 4-points isle, and the technological maze has NO pokemon, none! I even tried using Sweet Scent with an Oddish and got nothing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Hi, I just registered to reply on this thread, lol. I've been playing this hack for a few days and just got stuck at pokemon mansion so i downloaded the 1.21 patch and am trying it out, as well as the guide (don't wanna miss any hidden objects haha :P)

Anyways, i just noticed that there are several items in the underground pathway (cerulean - vermilion) and guess what? I can't find ANY of them, either by blind searching or with the Item-finder. Not sure if that's a bug or something, probably like the statues issue in the mansion, so I just wanted to note it here. Just in case, i didn't get any response with the Item Finder in version 1.20 either.

EDIT: Oh, I just wanted to add that I read you could get a porygon2 evolving porygon at level 25, however, the porygon you get at the game center is already at that level and further leveling up won't lead to evolution... Is the evolution working properly, as you should be allowed to delay evolution past the required level, or is it because of how i got it? I hope someone can clarify me that.. :) Great game so far btw, I haven't had so much fun in a while.

Oh, something i found out is that you can take low level pokemon to route 6 and use the VS Seeker with the last 3 trainers to level up quickly. Bug catcher Elijah is specially good since it has a Butterfree lvl 20 with paralysis, poison, and sleep spores and Supersonic.. hence, it will NEVER hurt your low level pokemon directly (you can always heal when needed), and you'll get 684 exp from him, which is very good, the others might need to use the switch out trick, but with exp share you can still get those pokemon 3/4 of the exp.

---

Edit2: I just went to battle against BuriedAlive and I got Oak's first battle tutorial which i assume it's not intended to happen, and after switching pokemons the sprite is missing unless you go to the party screen and get back to battle :S

I am aware that is not a glitch free version yet, so should I report these things through PM or something? I checked the official website and there wasn't a contact email or anything. Also I re-visited the Rocket hideout in Celadon city and I got second coins refill there, but that's probably because i'm playing a rom with 1.21 applied now.

---

Edit3: Agghh, I thought it was weird the first time i went through it! Following the guide i re-visited the Catacombs in 4-points isle, and the technological maze has NO pokemon, none! I even tried using Sweet Scent with an Oddish and got nothing.

wow thats alot... thanks...

the current 1.21, is not finished (thats y its not released here or on rhdn)

the missing items... that (is not my fault) is a glitch from nintendo... and I have no idea how to fix it... I have been lookign into it tho... in the rom these items are programmed in... but in play they are not there... and when I force the flag to be unset, they are still not there... i dont know whats going on with them...

as far as porygon... I dont know... I will look into it (thats a new one)[Aparently I realized you get porygon at 25 and made him evolve at 35... lemme know if you have any issues at 35... ill change the typo on the site thanks]

buried alive... I can fix that, thanks (that one is my fault)[fixed]

I actually found the no pokemon in the steel maze on my own playthrough and fixed it (supprised it wasnt reported before I got there, Im playing very slowly cause I have to make the players guide)

yeah, switching from 1.20 to 1.21 will make the coin case fill return... (it had to change flags)

thank you so much, thats alot of good info (decent descriptions of the issue, not just a, "this does not work")

[UPDATE]
I have updated the rar downloadable from my site... your welcome to get the new version which has all these glitches fixed ;) (and several more)
I also updated a more current players guide (still not finished tho) but you can see where I am as far as my playthrough (glitch hunt)
you will want to delete your rom and replace it with th enew one (not your .sav) because they are named the same (also a reason y im not releasing till its finished)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
That's great! I just downloaded the new version, and yeah, i know it's a work in progress, but i'm glad to see it slowly getting better and it's good if i can help someway or another, i just try to describe things as clearly as possible.

I used rare candy on porygon to do a quick check and it evolved just fine, so i'm now on my way to the catacombs before training it properly. Btw, I just remembered a glitch in 4-points isle where you could walk over two tiles of water just after you get there, and I saw you fixed it already. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen, but i got my mudkip there in my first visit :P

Also you literally CAN get stuck on a rock after catching Groudon if you jump on the upper ledges (actually, you can jump on any rock there, but can walk away after, only the upper ones get you stuck). I found that accidentally though, i don't think anyone would intentionally try to jump there, and you can always use Escape Rope anyways. :P

Edit: A quick question, when you're flying to Rock Tunnel, is it supposed to say 000 or OOO in the map? (not sure what it is, probably the first)..

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
That's great! I just downloaded the new version, and yeah, i know it's a work in progress, but i'm glad to see it slowly getting better and it's good if i can help someway or another, i just try to describe things as clearly as possible.

I used rare candy on porygon to do a quick check and it evolved just fine, so i'm now on my way to the catacombs before training it properly. Btw, I just remembered a glitch in 4-points isle where you could walk over two tiles of water just after you get there, and I saw you fixed it already. I wasn't sure if that was supposed to happen, but i got my mudkip there in my first visit :P

Also you literally COULD get stuck on a rock after catching Groudon if you jump on the upper ledges, but probably you fixed it too already. I found that accidentally though, i don't think anyone would intentionally try to jump there, and you can always use Escape Rope anyways. :P

I had not noticed you could jump on the rocks... so I have just moved the rocks one space away... ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Anything that works haha :P So, keeping up with my game, i just beat the league and damn it was hard, should have picked up a better team.. Anyways, i got to the guardian's meadow and after capturing a few nice pokemon and Latias, I'm about to face Latios and i noticed something.

If you try to leave walking by the first and second line, you see Latios come to you.. but if you leave by the lower tiles, you hear it, turn around, and you fight it, but you never get to see the sprite. It's kind of weird, and probably not so important, but i wanted to let you know anyways :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Anything that works haha :P So, keeping up with my game, i just beat the league and damn it was hard, should have picked up a better team.. Anyways, i got to the guardian's meadow and after capturing a few nice pokemon and Latias, I'm about to face Latios and i noticed something.

If you try to leave walking by the first and second line, you see Latios come to you.. but if you leave by the lower tiles, you hear it, turn around, and you fight it, but you never get to see the sprite. It's kind of weird, and probably not so important, but i wanted to let you know anyways :)

aww man... it worked perfectly when I tested it... ill look into it, thanks

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Here again, got a couple of questions for you, haha .. :p I'm on a hunt for the pokemon i missed catching the first time i went through sevii islands and right now i'm on Icefall Cave. According to bulbapedia (Icefall article) I should be able to find a sneasel as well as delibird (since your hack includes pokemon from both version), however, i haven't come across a single Sneasel in all the time i've been in the cave, not even with Sweet Scent, but i did find a fair ammount of Delibirds.

All the other "exclusives" like slowpoke/psyduck are found just well, but no matter how much i fish, i don't find krabby or kingler either (though kingler rate is pretty low, krabby has 80% with the Good rod) so i'm not sure if this is a problem with the hack or not. :S

On a side note, i found celebi and as it was level 7, i thought something that could be cool, but i don't know about hacking so i'm not sure if it would be possible to do: Apply some sort of post-catch event for high level legendary pokemon in which the player gets a message that they're trying to use "Regression", "Rebirth" or some other made-up ability that will made them go back to a low level with an appropriate move set and be prompted to stop them or let them do it; that way one could enjoy an epic and hard battle with high level legendaries and still choose if they want to train them from scratch after capture.

It's just something i thought because for me it IS rather dissapointing to catch a legendary like celebi with a Hypnosis + False Swipe + Ultraball combo, where the only difficulty lays on its catch-rate more than the battle itself. But i understand if my idea is a bit unrealistic or not so doable.

Edit: This would be useful even for Mew, so that it's a bit more challenging but still possible to re-train it from then on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Here again, got a couple of questions for you, haha .. :p I'm on a hunt for the pokemon i missed catching the first time i went through sevii islands and right now i'm on Icefall Cave. According to bulbapedia (Icefall article) I should be able to find a sneasel as well as delibird (since your hack includes pokemon from both version), however, i haven't come across a single Sneasel in all the time i've been in the cave, not even with Sweet Scent, but i did find a fair ammount of Delibirds.

All the other "exclusives" like slowpoke/psyduck are found just well, but no matter how much i fish, i don't find krabby or kingler either (though kingler rate is pretty low, krabby has 80% with the Good rod) so i'm not sure if this is a problem with the hack or not. :S

On a side note, i found celebi and as it was level 7, i thought something that could be cool, but i don't know about hacking so i'm not sure if it would be possible to do: Apply some sort of post-catch event for high level legendary pokemon in which the player gets a message that they're trying to use "Regression", "Rebirth" or some other made-up ability that will made them go back to a low level with an appropriate move set and be prompted to stop them or let them do it; that way one could enjoy an epic and hard battle with high level legendaries and still choose if they want to train them from scratch after capture.

It's just something i thought because for me it IS rather dissapointing to catch a legendary like celebi with a Hypnosis + False Swipe + Ultraball combo, where the only difficulty lays on its catch-rate more than the battle itself. But i understand if my idea is a bit unrealistic or not so doable.

Edit: This would be useful even for Mew, so that it's a bit more challenging but still possible to re-train it from then on.

I am going through right now finding every pokemon and making sure they are where they are supposed to be... I had not gotten up to sneasle yet :)

My players guide "walkthrough" is finished, the Index is up to the Pokemon where I am listing the location of every pokemon...

Krabby has been added (although only at 20%) in order to keep krabby and horsea, but krabby is in no way rare or missing from the game, sheasle however WAS missing so thanks :) he has been added to the icefall cave... idk how I missed him, I love sneasle

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
Great, haha, i'll keep my hunt going as i wait for that fix then. And yeah, i know krabby is not really that hard to find (i already had one) but since it was the same kind of "issue" i thought it would be useful to mention it. I'll try and keep you informed if some other pokemon is missing, though i don't follow any particular order so you might already know about it.

Btw, according to bulbapedia Clamperl evolves into one of two pokemon by trading + holding a certain item... how did you work that out? leveling up while holding that item? I already tried every stone with no results :P

PD: No comments about the rebirth event?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
Great, haha, i'll keep my hunt going as i wait for that fix then. And yeah, i know krabby is not really that hard to find (i already had one) but since it was the same kind of "issue" i thought it would be useful to mention it. I'll try and keep you informed if some other pokemon is missing, though i don't follow any particular order so you might already know about it.

Btw, according to bulbapedia Clamperl evolves into one of two pokemon by trading + holding a certain item... how did you work that out? leveling up while holding that item? I already tried every stone with no results :P

PD: No comments about the rebirth event?

Yeah deffinately let me know if you cant find anyone ;)

Clamperl evolves at lv 20 into either huntail (if attack is higher than defense) or gorebyss (if defense is higer than attack)...
those 2 items are helpful because they raise either attack or defense (depending on the item) as it grows... so just equip on of the items and start leveling... (deepseascale and deepseatooth)

Celebi has a lil event for him... if you dont catch him... and kill him... he will drop an egg (as it says in his pokedex entry) and you will get a pichu with volt tackle... whom you can breed and get more pichus with volt tackle... then after you beat the elite four, he returns (like hooh lugia or deoxys) and you can catch him... (or get another pichu egg lol)

as far as making the legendaries delevel... I can work on that... but it wont go into this hack because thats kinda out of the scope of this hack (im tryng to stay close to fire red)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2022
I see, that's great, i'll just have to train a pair of clamperls :P I missed that event with Celebi because i got to catch it the first time i had a battle with it, would have been interesting to see haha

About the delevel it's okay, it was just a thought i had at the moment. It would be cool to see it on a hack though, even if it's just a low priority work "just to see what it would be like" :P
But in fact, if you let your imagination go wild, you can even pìcture a whole new concept for a pokemon hack with that in mind:

Spoiler:

(Spoiler since it is WAY, WAY offtopic, i can't believe my own imagination)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
I see, that's great, i'll just have to train a pair of clamperls :P I missed that event with Celebi because i got to catch it the first time i had a battle with it, would have been interesting to see haha

About the delevel it's okay, it was just a thought i had at the moment. It would be cool to see it on a hack though, even if it's just a low priority work "just to see what it would be like" :P
But in fact, if you let your imagination go wild, you can even pìcture a whole new concept for a pokemon hack with that in mind:

Spoiler:

(Spoiler since it is WAY, WAY offtopic, i can't believe my own imagination)

That is a really cool idea, and totally worth putting in a hack... the rebirth ball... I like it, would it drop them to lv 5 or drop them a certain number of levels? you could make several legendary (i wouldnt say all) require the ball... or even have a lv 100 fight that requires the ball... so you have a hard time beating it then catch it with the ball and (if if drops to lv 5) you would have to start all over lol

if we wanted to do some math, it could drop them a random large percentage of their current level... like 60-95%... so a lv 20 could end up at 2 or 8... a lv 100 could end up at 5 or 25 or even 40 (so their current lv would not depict what level they end up at after you catch them)

it would be a bad choice of ball for low level pokes but a great choice if you wanted to train legendaries... and I have no qualms making it a x2 (ultraball) because of its "negative" side effect (especially on lower level pokemon)

I have several members of another forum working up a story for a hack they want me to make... this would be a great addition to it (as it is its own story, it can have new elements)

EDIT:
maybe there is a Safari zone "like" event where you go in agians a bunch of REALLY high lv pokemon, (like 90-100) and you can only use these balls, maybe they are rare and the only way to catch them is in this event... (like chansey in the current safari event)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • ATL
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
I've been playing through the last week or so and I'm finally at a part where I can go after the legendary "dogs". I've found the other two but how did you set up the dynamic for the roaming one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back