• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Sprites

What should I work on in my fakemon sprites?

• Total voters

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
Years
I've been spriting since I was about 9 or 10, but I have only now started making decent scratch sprites.

RECOLORS

Hippie Muk.

RETYPES

Normal-type Ghastly. :P

Dark type Rapidash, which is also kind of a fusion (Rapidash + Growlithe + Ninetales).
FUSIONS

The PokeGod. :P

These were originally made for something I was going to build on ROBLOX, which is why they have shiny versions.

OLDER FAKEMON
Suggestions.jpg

Yes, they suck. :P
I think the bird-looking one is unfinished and maybe an early version of the sprite below (I honestly don't remember, this was so long ago).

Owlit - Fire/Flying

Scorchoot - Fire/Flying

Owlabra - Fire/Flying

Thundeel - Water/Electric

Eelectric - Water/Electric
NEW FAKEMON

Igmite.png

Igmite - Fire/Bug - Fire Starter
Flamelo.png

Flamelo - Fire/Bug - Fire Starter
Flamighty.png

Flamighty - Fire/Bug - Fire Starter
Florage.png

Florage - Grass - Grass Starter
Floraptor.png

Floraptor - Grass - Grass Starter
My favorite of all my sprites. :3
Florex.png

Florex - Grass - Grass Starter
This sprite looks weird to me for some reason...
unnamed-1.png

Ogopond - Water - Water Starter
Champond.jpg

Champond - Water - Water Starter
Nessive.jpg

Nessive - Water - Water Starter
Thundeel.png

Eelectric.png

Moraze.png

Moraze - Water/Electric
Stumpine_zpsc4c28ec4.png

Stumpine - Grass
Pineer_zps1335c533.png

Pineer - Grass/Fighting
Minibble_zpsf68484fe.png

Minibble - Water/Steel
Darkitten_zps733e03f9.png

Darkitten - Ghost
Leoid_zpsd1981d2c.png

Leoid - Ghost

Last edited:
Years
There are no images. Don't forget you need 4 original sprites, fakemon works. Please update it with images (or repost) or I will close the thread.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Here's some tips:
Save it as a PNG already! JPG makes the image ugly.
Shade your outlines. I have a tutorial, just PM me.

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
Years
Here's some tips:
Save it as a PNG already! JPG makes the image ugly.
Shade your outlines. I have a tutorial, just PM me.

There's only one that was saved as JPG, and it's the normal-type Ghastly. Does BMP make it looks ugly as well, because most are either PNG or BMP?

Lol, I knew someone would point the black line thing out. I pretty much make it black out of laziness, but I'll try to shade the lines sometime.

I've finally finished Florage's evolution!
Floraptor.png

Floraptor - Grass - Grass Starter

Last edited:

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Does BMP make it looks ugly as well, because most are either PNG or BMP?

BMP makes it ugly too, but not as much as JPG (I think).

Those two new sprites looks great! My tutorial worked, right?
There are some outlines in the 2 new ones that aren't cleaned up. As in the outlines overlap (I don't know how to describe it :P).

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
Years
Thanks, your tutorial did help! I'll try to fix those lines, though.

I've been saving them as PNG now, and I'll replace the ones on here with them soon.

Also, I've redone two of my old fakemon:
Thundeel.png

Eelectric.png

Years
Love the fireflies the best, a very cool idea for a pokemon and done well. Flamelo's abdomen looks a little bit flat though. Maybe some darker shadow on the back of it?

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
Years
unnamed.png

Finally made the water starter after a long break, though I think it needs some (a lot of) work on positioning. I'll try to make the final evolution for the eels and of course the evolutions of this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
OK, I love your recolors, your Fakemon are nice too but I see that your fusions may be pulling your talent as a spriter down. Would you want help with your fusions, I'm 24/7 (only if I'm on PC, of course). VM me if you want help.

Best of luck.

Years
Ignore what was said about .bmp, the reason that isn't used is due to the fact it's not compressed and thus has a large filesize. The actual reason images get artefacts if the settings aren't high enough is due to the compression utilised on most image uploaders. Tinypic, photobucket, imageshack and etc all compress image sizes which introduces more artefacts to it regardless of filetype.

In fact their are few hosting sites that don't compress images that get uploaded, hence you'll find a lot of artists host their own when they can. However if you are really worried about artefacts being introduced to images try somewhere like majhost.com.

The only other reason for using .gif or .png is transparency.

EDIT: However for the purpose of merely displaying your work using an image compressing host is fine, after all you can always zip the raw images, stick them on a non-compressing host or send them via a messenger program. Thus voiding the concerns with compression.

Last edited:

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
Years
unnamed-1.png
http://s1226.photobucket.com/albums...ura Region/?action=view&current=unnamed-1.png
I just realized that I forgot to shade the outlines on this. :P
Moraze.png

Here's Moraze, the last evolution of the eels, though it looks a bit sloppy, especially the face and whiskers-like things.

OK, I love your recolors, your Fakemon are nice too but I see that your fusions may be pulling your talent as a spriter down. Would you want help with your fusions, I'm 24/7 (only if I'm on PC, of course). VM me if you want help.

Best of luck.

Well, fusions have never really been my strong point. :P
Maybe some of the reason is that I turn all the outlines black when I'm making fusions, but could you be more specific on how they're pulling my talent down?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Coz more of the pro spriters balance their work, from scratches to Fakemon, everything is balanced.

Your work is very good, better than mine actually. But the only thing is that your fusions seem kinda simple (sorry if it's insulting). Maybe you can add some more features to them, like use more head-to-toe parts.

But if it's not your main interest to make fusions, that's alright. Just have fun & enjoy being a spriter.

PokeHumanManectric

Leader of the PMD Team
Years
Coz more of the pro spriters balance their work, from scratches to Fakemon, everything is balanced.

Your work is very good, better than mine actually. But the only thing is that your fusions seem kinda simple (sorry if it's insulting). Maybe you can add some more features to them, like use more head-to-toe parts.

But if it's not your main interest to make fusions, that's alright. Just have fun & enjoy being a spriter.

Alright, thanks for the tips. Fusions aren't my main interests, but I still make them, so I'll remember to add more detail next time. :)

Champond.jpg

I got the second evolution for Ogopond, Champond.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Nice work on the newer one, but I do think the Shiny one can be a darker shade of green.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2014
You should work on there shapes a little more and the shading and sort of dull the colors a bit. Try and make them more natural.
You should make some a little larger to add some details.
Like this:
11kz6h3.png

Last edited:
Back