• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Well if the Pokedex is branched into three sections, I wonder how many Pokemon are actually included in the Regional Dex? on average we get around 180, but that would mean 60 in each category which seems a little low. I think we could get 120 in each area totaling to a nice even number of 360 including all of the new Pokemon and some past generation mons too, heck there could be even more than that.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I hope the regional dex to features as many pokemon as possible, not like in BW.
And i hope they do it like in B2/W2, where you really had pokemon from every past Gen and Region, which was a lot of fun! And some really rare ones as wild pokes, like Eevee and beldum for example. Size-wise i hope it'll be around 350

blue

gucci
Years
I hope the regional dex to features as many pokemon as possible, not like in BW.
And i hope they do it like in B2/W2, where you really had pokemon from every past Gen and Region, which was a lot of fun! And some really rare ones as wild pokes, like Eevee and beldum for example. Size-wise i hope it'll be around 350

I agree. I prefer having a diverse range of Pokemon to catch rather than having the strict set of region specific Pokemon, the regional dex in B2W2 was perfect so anything like that would be fine by me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I had a thought just now, this will probably be something inconsequential but it would be interesting if you had a way to introduce foreign pokemon to the region.

Like if Spoink isn't found in the Kalos region at the start but you have to trade it into the game (from previous games) or if one of the new pokemon is exclusive to one version and you trade it to the other version. Then you have to breed that pokemon (lets say Spoink) and create a population of starting Spoinks and go through a process where you have to monitor and help it flourish in the wild.

It would be interesting to have that kind of responsibility, so maybe you get calls/messages on your poketch (or whatever it is) whenever a developing population is in danger from poachers, other pokemon or some environmental event (probably harsh weather like a snowstorm or a thunderstorm)

So maybe you pick a route and depending on the route you pick they have more chance of sticking....whereas if the process fails they're said to have disappeared or left the region because they were unhappy. (lets not say die off.....) How well the pokemon thrive may be dependant on the route/location you picked, characteristics of the pokemons population, how well you respond to threats etc

A feature like that would have me hooked forever. Trying to help every species of pokemon thrive in the one region.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I had a thought just now, this will probably be something inconsequential but it would be interesting if you had a way to introduce foreign pokemon to the region.

Like if Spoink isn't found in the Kalos region at the start but you have to trade it into the game (from previous games) or if one of the new pokemon is exclusive to one version and you trade it to the other version. Then you have to breed that pokemon (lets say Spoink) and create a population of starting Spoinks and go through a process where you have to monitor and help it flourish in the wild.

It would be interesting to have that kind of responsibility, so maybe you get calls/messages on your poketch (or whatever it is) whenever a developing population is in danger from poachers, other pokemon or some environmental event (probably harsh weather like a snowstorm or a thunderstorm)

So maybe you pick a route and depending on the route you pick they have more chance of sticking....whereas if the process fails they're said to have disappeared or left the region because they were unhappy. (lets not say die off.....) How well the pokemon thrives may be dependant on the route/location you picked, personality of the pokemon, how well you respond to threats etc

A feature like that would have me hooked forever. Trying to help every species of pokemon thrive in the one region.

This is such a great and awesome idea, it could be the roughdraft of a whole new Pokemon game!!
I know i'd be hooked to it forever, trying to make every pokemon comfy in the new region
And it'd be great to be able to extend the list of Pokemon we can catch in the wild, amazing :D

Realistically speaking though, i doubt this will be a thing :(
It's just too big of a feature to be included

Years
I feel like Roselia is there as a statue because it's a good Pokemon for a fountain since it has those flowers on each hand. I mean, the only thinks pointing to the town having a Grass-type gym besides the found (which doesn't convince me) are the couple of flower bushes (which most towns have) and the green rooftops, and I don't think roof colors have ever been a definitive predictor of gym types, especially when they're shared by other buildings in the town.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
This is such a great and awesome idea, it could be the roughdraft of a whole new Pokemon game!!
I know i'd be hooked to it forever, trying to make every pokemon comfy in the new region
And it'd be great to be able to extend the list of Pokemon we can catch in the wild, amazing :D

Realistically speaking though, i doubt this will be a thing :(
It's just too big of a feature to be included
Not only is it too big of a feature, it's not plausible... This feature, although cool, would isolate new players, which if you go to business school, is the first no-no you learn to avoid.

Their objective is to keep us satisfied with new features gradually while adding in new things nobody cares about to make it flashier or make it easier to understand to bring in new money-givers. In a perfect world, features like this would be implemented instantly, but they do things we want, that don't isolate newbies, over time in order to keep us in their pocket.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Remember this game is still for kids as young as 3 years old (as seen in the PAL boxart), they wouldn't show something as complex as EVs and IVs on the status screen as it'd just confuse kids.

Maybe viewing EV and IV information could be optional?

The majority of 3 year olds though have no idea what the numbers would mean, yes some kids are smart enough, but the key word is SOME, not most, most 3 year olds haven't properly learned to read, so it would be unfair to suddenly shove a complicated system right in their faces, so no, EVs and IVs will never be visible, they'll always be hidden but subtly referred to.

Hey, I learned how to read when I was that old just from watching my mom teach my brother and was reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by the time I was in kindergarten. Beat that!

So they get their STAB moves at Lv.5?

Does this mean we're going to start with them at a lower level? THAT would be interesting.

Cyclone

Hmmm…I've always wondered how to get Level 1 Pokémon, especially since all of the 'mons that I've seen hatch out of eggs end up at Lv. 5 (speaking of eggs, do you think that GameFreak's ever going to allow mammals to have their proper, live births?)

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Here are my guesses on the moves the Kalos starters could get:

Chespin:
-Pin Missile (just look at the spikes on its chestnut helmet. Apparently, one of its abilities is to put its strength into its head to stiffen its spikes)
-Bite/Crunch (just look at those teeth)
-Steamroller (Chespin gets Rollout, but I think if its evolved forms look bulky, they could get it too)

Fennekin:
-nothing in my head, atm

Froakie:
-Aqua Jet (I think it could use priority besides Quick Attack)
-Bounce (one of its abilities is that it can jump as high as a 3-story building)
-Acrobatics (it looks rather nimble to me)

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I mentioned this in the four new Pokemon thread just now, but I thought I'd put it here too... Looks like Gogoat might be an evolved form of this guy here:

Spoiler:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I've just realized that on the Pokedex, each area is represented by a colour, Red White and blue which correspond to the colours on the French Flag.

dmbo0o.png
france-flag.gif

Ah, so that's how they're going to manage implementing the tablet-shaped PokéDex on a device whose screens are of different aspect ratios (but where did you originally get the picture? All I saw when I was quoting your post was a TinyURL…) Anyhow, that's an interesting observation that you've made there, Suicune.

P.S.: Why is the regional 'Dex split up anyway? That sounds like a pain in the neck in terms of the navigational hassles that it will introduce, so GameFreak had either better have a good reason for this or allow us to view the entire 'Dex at once.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Why do Serebii have Zigzagoon and Linoone listed as part of the Kalos regional dex?

http://serebii.net/xy/kalosdex.shtml

I know Marill is there because it appeared in the picture of the player riding a gogoat....but I'm at a loss with the Zigzagoon family.

If you look closely at the image of the Pokedex, you can see Zigzagoon in the second slot along from the left.

Guy

just a guy
Years
P.S.: Why is the regional 'Dex split up anyway? That sounds like a pain in the neck in terms of the navigational hassles that it will introduce, so GameFreak had either better have a good reason for this or allow us to view the entire 'Dex at once.
I might be thinking too far into it, but I was thinking that there might be history surrounding the region that might explain why there are three separate categories in the PokéDex.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
This generation of Pokemon is already proving to be amazing. The fact that it's influenced by France has already made it my favorite, and I've yet to see one Pokemon (other than the Mewtwo form, which should have been a separate Pokemon) that I have been displeased with. Just imagine how the NEXT generation will be with all of the progress we've already seen displayed by X&Y! Pokemon is back on the right track... PANCHAM is my favorite of the new monsters! So cute and badass at the same time!

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Some more rumours...

I was browsing Pokémon Acanthite Forums and I came across this image:

BKUn1JqCAAEQZFG.png:large

So I'd like to know what you guys think about it!

Personally, I don't really think that these rumours are true, but I would be pretty damn happy if they were (I mean, don't we need a Kraken legendary? :D)...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm kind of doubting that's May, but I suppose it's possible! However, whoever posted the Gogoat pre-evolution, that's totally possible from that image and it's adorable AND I WANT IT!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I think that's just a screen of a generic girl, really. Sorta drawing a long bow to say that's May, let alone an RSE remake hint that they'd for some reason throw into a couple-second-long scene in a trailer promoting a different game. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back