• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Omn

Moogle King
Years
well i beat arceus with my vaporeons high defensive it lost of all of its pp and started using struggle which had the side effect of recoil which defeated it so high defence helps

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
that's what happened with me though did you get that error too?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
still have the same problem , when i press start button to go to my menu where my pokedex is , and my bag and so, i press save, then there's in the mid of the screen in big SAVING... , and after a while there comes " data has been saved " then i close the game, i re-open it, and there's it again, new game, options, but no continue, what am i doing wrong?

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
still have the same problem , when i press start button to go to my menu where my pokedex is , and my bag and so, i press save, then there's in the mid of the screen in big SAVING... , and after a while there comes " data has been saved " then i close the game, i re-open it, and there's it again, new game, options, but no continue, what am i doing wrong?

You have downloaded the wrong version

Go to the previous page of the thread (one back of this one) and download version 1.7

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
is pokemon raptor has the same attack animation again?
Yes. Just turn off the animations if you don't like them, just like I did.

Just got Celebi! :D

EDIT:
I think I'm going crazy. Do you know what it's like to battle a Kyogre, lose, restart the game and find out your save file was deleted!!!!!!!!!!
I'll play something less buggy.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
You have downloaded the wrong version

Go to the previous page of the thread (one back of this one) and download version 1.7
i have the version 1.7 , wichu posted it in a comment, i don't know what to do

everytime i try to start the game there comes this : One or more fonts used in this game do not exist on the system .
The game can be played, but the look of the game's text will not be optimal.
Install the necessary fonts in windows by copying the files found in pkmnfonts.zip
to the Fonts folder in Control Panel.
After you save the game, this message will not appear again

is it because of this i cannot save my game?

ok no i did everything with the fonts thing and nothing changed.. pfff-_- i really want to play this game it just won't save

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Okay wichu i get the following message when i fight Arceus

Spoiler:

The game doesn't crash and i can still fight Arceus though what does this mean?

(Love the improved scene I was like, well that's not good)

i found out that i get this message after pressing z in this battle after some testing.

though earthquake and hyper voice give error messages they don't crash the game either, they just rob him of his attack.
Those are debug messages I forgot to remove :P They don't mean anything; I was using them to get the plate system working. I'll remove them in the next version.
Which operating system are you using? Are you on an administrator account? I think this might have something to do with user permissions...
Yes. Just turn off the animations if you don't like them, just like I did.

Just got Celebi! :D

EDIT:
I think I'm going crazy. Do you know what it's like to battle a Kyogre, lose, restart the game and find out your save file was deleted!!!!!!!!!!
I'll play something less buggy.
I actually removed the file deletion script; the save should still be there. If you send me the save, I'll take a look into what went wrong, and try to fix it.

Rassalon

Epic One
Years
Ok this is annoying. The font thing it says i don't have the Fonts. Even though i know for a fact that i have the fonts as i have used pokemon essentials in the past and, clearly remember installing them. Also the message actually uses the fonts which is annoying. Is there a way around this annoying message?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2014
Which operating system are you using? Are you on an administrator account? I think this might have something to do with user permissions...

QUOTE]

What do you mean with operating system? and with " are you on an administrator account " ?, i don't know what those words mean, the only problem i have is when i go to my menu and i press save, then i see a big red word in the mid of the screen " SAVING..." when that's gone , a windows pops up with " data has been saved " or something like that, then i close the game, i re-open it , and my save is gone, there's only new game and options.., but for the rest i can play the whole game, i just can't seem to save it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Ok this is annoying. The font thing it says i don't have the Fonts. Even though i know for a fact that i have the fonts as i have used pokemon essentials in the past and, clearly remember installing them. Also the message actually uses the fonts which is annoying. Is there a way around this annoying message?

Save the game. The message doesn't appear if you have a save file in the game's folder. Raptor seems to use an older version of the fonts; I think the small font is different.

I fixed the move bugs, and the Arceus battle bugs. Arceus initially wasn't intended to use PP, so you guys had it easy (there was a typo in the script :P). I'm thinking of changing its moveset, so it has Judgment (of an arbitrary, probably random type). Its current moveset was just so you couldn't wall it with a Ghost-type, but if I give it Judgment, it will be able to have other moves too :P

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
try to give it a moveset that really has an advantage over every type if its possible

also wichu

are you sure there is not a bug with happiness evolutions?

I had my togepi since the day care with a sooth bell, never died, always in the party and it still can't evolve

has anyone else managed to evolve via happiness

also trade evolutions, impossible to do them since nobody is trading...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, I've tested it. If a Pokémon has enough happiness, it evolves. But that brings me onto another topic :P
Essentials (or at least the version Raptor uses) has an incomplete implementation of happiness. Most of the things that normally affect it don't work. So it's possible to evolve it, but very difficult. I'll work on adding happiness-increasing effect now ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
cheers, wichu, by the way, when you say you tested it, what did you do to make it evolve?

I pretty much tried everything but still can't do it

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I've found the bug and fixed it; the only way to increase happiness was to walk around (which increased it by 1 per 256 steps, regardless of Soothe Bell). I made it evolve by using debug functions to max its happiness :P
Version 1.8 with all the bug fixes is coming soon :)

Back