• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
@Arctos We were going to be meeting SD's character in the pokemon center so perhaps you can steer George there and the two could meet?

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
@Greiger Okay I'm sure I can get him there. I'll rewrite what I have and add a little and it should have him arrive there to meet you.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alrighty! I've got a lil' ol' update for Daniel Sabrak's appearance, since I didn't feel the current looks fit him very well. And here he is:

Danieltrainer-1.png

If you would be so kind as to put this into the appearance tab for him, Yellow? :3 Thanks.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Sir Bastian: Will do!

@Everyone: I hope you guys are enjoying yourself n' all. Just doing my ocassional check-in to make sure everyone knows I'm totally paying attention and can be asked for stuff if you need me~

Though, I can't really throw any of my characters at people right now. There's really nothing preventing others from joining them though. Olivia and Kenshin are off exploring and catching pokemon. Valorie is directing her love, her anger, and ALL HER SORROW her angst at an OC teacher named Drake in the form of a battle.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Megan is in need of some interaction...I'm planning to direct her to either the beach or around the town streets. Her Shelmet's going to debut in this next post. :3

As for Danielle & company, I'll go ahead and start the Pokemon Center post. I'll let Lucia & George interact, while I'll have Danielle worry about Mienfoo in the waiting room. That's where I'll also meet SD.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Megan is in need of some interaction...I'm planning to direct her to either the beach or around the town streets. Her Shelmet's going to debut in this next post. :3

As for Danielle & company, I'll go ahead and start the Pokemon Center post. I'll let Lucia & George interact, while I'll have Danielle worry about Mienfoo in the waiting room. That's where I'll also meet SD.

Who's characters will meet up in the Pokemon Center & who controls those characters again? I just wanna make sure I know who's post I should read.

Yellow-What are the rules for leveling again? My phone doesn't take me to the first page due to lag.

Dawn

Years
@ShinyDiamond: These are the rules regarding levels.

Mechanics of leveling/evolution/moves
Don't worry, they hardly even qualify as math!
• Wild pokemon that are caught will be at lvl 20.
• While pokemon's stronger evolved forms can be found in the wild, you aren't allowed to catch them unless they evolve at or before level 20.
• When a pokemon participates in a trainer battle it gains 2 levels per pokemon it fights.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against a catchable wild pokemon it gains 1 level, but only up to level 45. After level 45, they gain nothing.
• On the other hand, when a pokemon participates in a battle against a wild pokemon that is higher level and thus can't be caught, it can gain one level without any further restrictions.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against one of the three champions teaching at the school, it gains 3 levels per pokemon it fights.
• When a pokemon participates in a battle against Gary Oak, it gains 4 levels per pokemon it fights.
• If a pokemon faints during a battle, that merits one extra level on top of whatever else it earned.
• Any post about training your pokemon merits 1 level to the pokemon that were training.
• Trade evolution no longer require trading. Trade evolutions evolve at level 40. (Porygon's first trade evolution is at 20)
• Happiness related evolution can be done as you will.
• All moves that are able to be learned (With the exception of moves only legendaries can learn) are available as TMs.
• If your character faces a large group of wild pokemon, we the GMs will decide how many levels they gain, ranging between 1 and 5. This is dependent on the content of the post and how hard the pokemon had to fight against the large group. (For a large group of trainer pokemon the scale is 2-10)
• If your character takes on a challenge that is significantly, abnormally high in difficulty you may be given the option of accepting extra levels at the discretion of the GM
• If you want to have your pokemon learn a move that is not normally learnable in the games, you must ask permission of PkMnTrainer Yellow or Megaman765
• You may decide not to have your pokemon level up at your own leisure.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
And now that Daniel has caught his first Pokémon aside from Alexis (Huzzah!) and gotten an egg, he's now in Oak Town and free for interaction, if anyone would be up for that ^^ He's heading to the Pokémon center, but I'd like it if you'd poke me via a PM when/if you decide to go up and prod him in-character, so I'll have a heads up!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Gonna ask again is there anyone who wants to interact with my character Ruby? XD please VM me (PM's are annoying since i'm on my phone :p) Ruby is a shy girl and can interact with pokemon and understand them just like N. Her pokemon Hikari is very protective towards her. Ruby can also be fun :3

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well, could have Daniel and Ruby interacting, if you'd want, Saph! Daniel's currently on his way to Oak Town, but I'm not sure where Ruby is. If you'd want to give it a shot, send me a VM or something :3

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Thanks Yellow!

On hand:

502.gif

Species: Dewott
Nickname: Yaiba
Lvl: 31
Moves: Swords Dance, Razor Shell, Focus Energy, Double Team, X-Scissor, Water Pulse
Ability: Torrent

571.gif

Species: Zoroark
Nickname: Mistress
Lvl: 31
Moves: Shadow Ball, Fake Tears, Night Slash, Foul Play, Scary Face, Calm Mind
Ability: Illusion

207.gif

Species: Gligar
Nickname: Pierce
Lvl: 25
Moves: Poison Sting, Fury Cutter, Harden, Knock Off, Hone Claws, Taunt
Ability: Sand Veil

403.gif

Species: Shinx
Nickname: Tentou
Lvl: 20
Moves: Leer, Charge, Spark, Bite, Rest, Charge Beam
Ability: Rivalry

At storage/home:
None

UPDATE: Mistress leveled up by 2. Mistress has evolved into Zoroark. Mistress forgot Faint Attack & learned Night Slash. Pierce leveled up by 3.

So if I'm correct, Danielle (Meganium90), Lucia (Greiger), Jack (jackblaze), & George (Arctos) will be the people Kilik (ShinyDiamond) will interact. Danielle, Lucia & Jack are still on their way to the Pokemon Center, & George is sitting inside the Pokemon Center. Kilik is laying on the counter inside the Pokemon Center. Correct me if I'm wrong, ok?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
I'm back! Sorry to those who may have been kept waiting for me, but I'll be back to my usual level of activity now.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Team update for Rosalyn :3

No Change
Species: Wartortle
Nickname: Jazz
Lvl: 28
Moves: Bubble, Water Gun, Bite, Ice Beam, Aqua Jet, Gyro Ball

Evolved into Togekiss with the Shiny Stone Jimmy Gave Rosalyn, she has forgotten Metronome, Yawn, Attract, and Grass Knot. Learning the moves, Aura Sphere, ExtremeSpeed, Sky Attack, and Air Slash (all of Togekiss's starting moves.
Species: Togekiss
Nickname: Belle
Lvl: 26
Moves: Aura Sphere, ExtremeSpeed, Psychic, Solar Beam, Sky Attack, Air Slash

No Change
Species: Seviper
Nickname: Swampy
Moves: Wrap, Bite, Toxic, Dig, Sludge Bomb, Poison Jab

No Change
Species: Skarmory
Nickname: Silver
Moves: Aerial Ace, Swift, Sky Drop, Rest, Fly, Brave Bird

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I request a change of nickname for one of my Pokemon. Dewott's nickname, Yaibe, will be changed to Yaiba.

Yaiba sounds a little better than Yaibe, changing the E at the end to an A. I couldn't understand what Yaibe is in Japanese for Blade. Yaiba was the correct Japanese word for Blade. :) I'm glad I checked that out.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Both of my characters, Lincoln West and Nika Valentine, are currently free for interaction and around the Academy, if anyones interested.

Dawn

Years
@Lincoln: Good to hear c:

@Genevieve: Please don't update in the OOC thread unless you're specifically going to be stuck on a mobile device that doesn't load the etherpad for an extended period of time. o_o;

@ShinyDiamond: Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back