• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2011
Really nice hack im just wondering how do i get a politoad cuase they are awsome but yeha im starting my own Playthrough of this game and if anyone wants to watch it im DrakkonGeist1 on youtube

thedgr05

Tower of Doom creator
Years
well, there is/ may be a way to add day/ night, thanks to hackmew, hacklars day/ night looks a little unprofessional (no offense), the palette for his system reloads a lot, which means we'd have even more bug reports. hackmews is progressing well though.

we dont think we'll add all of those day care Ows... it would be a nice touch but we'd have to expand rom and the Ow table even more.

plans for the safari zone are undecided.

also, my network cable broke, so im out of internet on my computer, im on my ps3 , but i'll answer your questions when i can.

OK what I care now is the safari zone. I saw a video of an unused safari in GSC wich you only can enter via gameshark. I think it would be nice to have it mainly because its an unused idea of nintendo and somethimes remakes do that

the link to the video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqVt...3A8AAA31&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=20

the only bad thing is that there´s only 1 part of it...

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2011
I'd just like to mention to dirk123: you had a bug where you don't recieve the Blackglasses, but I got them. Also, I got Lugia after the 8th badge in Johto without the Silver Wing. Just figured I'd point a couple things out. Props on the walkthrough and fantastic hack!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I noticed two bugs in the game:
I just started this hack and in the routes I've been (29 and 30) weather changes all the time and usually it's sandstorm or it's raining.

Also it's possible to jump on the lady in Route 29 who tells you to jump off ledges to get to new bark without walking in grass.

I don't know if anyone else have reported these though.

EDIT:
Okay so it's not bug that weather varies but I think it's annoying to have sandstorm in normal map.

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
The way you save is not the best one. Here are instructions on how to save as normal gameboy advance!
Don't load a ROM, just load VBA without any ROM being used. Go to Options - Emulator - Save Type. Set it to Flash 128K. Then delete all saves you have of the games (all .sav files) of all ROM;s, and all Save States. Then load your ROM and it should save.
But before you delete your files, make sure you save! If it does not work, you have to start again.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2009
The way you save is not the best one. Here are instructions on how to save as normal gameboy advance!
Don't load a ROM, just load VBA without any ROM being used. Go to Options - Emulator - Save Type. Set it to Flash 128K. Then delete all saves you have of the games (all .sav files) of all ROM;s, and all Save States. Then load your ROM and it should save.
But before you delete your files, make sure you save! If it does not work, you have to start again.
So will i have to start my game all over?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2010
i have this with every remake... i CANT PLAY IT! i really wanna play it but i cant.. can you tell me?

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
@mariieek12

if you don't want people yelling at you, read the post called how to play a hack (or something like that)

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2010
Figured out why the starters that you receive(not in the beginning of the game) can't evolve!!! It's hard to explain but there are two sets of starters and the second set has no evolutions. I changed it so they do evolve (on my version) and now it works. For those who don't know a sunstone evolves poliwhirl to politoed and to evolve haunter to gengar, make it hold blackglasses.

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
Figured out why the starters that you receive(not in the beginning of the game) can't evolve!!! It's hard to explain but there are two sets of starters and the second set has no evolutions. I changed it so they do evolve (on my version) and now it works. For those who don't know a sunstone evolves poliwhirl to politoed and to evolve haunter to gengar, make it hold blackglasses.

no, it's because they don't register in the pokédex. stop. posting. about. already. found. glitches.

Switchblade

Steel Master.
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
Really? They evolve for me just fine

Let me explain;

When you catch a pokemon, it registers in your pokedex. Pokemon without a pokedex entry are not registered as being owned and thus, do not evolve when they level up.

You changed the pokemon to a captured one, registering it in the pokedex completely, and thus allowing it to evolve.

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
Years
I downloaded this hack a few days ago and already got through the first run of the E4! I'm really enjoying this hack, this is a great piece of work!

Small bugs that I'm having:

- When I try to use Fly (everywhere), I get a black screen and the music just continues. Since I haven't seen this with anyone else, patching error or something like that? The Map Card thingy does exactly the same, so they're probably related? Kinda sucks having to go everywhere on foot.. :)

- Bill's PC also gives me a HUGE amount of weird letters but that's probably a universal problem.

- I went back to Mr. Pokemons house at some time during the game and the Oak event repeated itself. So I got another Mystery Egg which is just sitting there in my bag now, having absolutely no use at all.. :)

MAJOR EDIT: it's pretty much game over now. The game freezes every time I try to go from Route 7 into Celadon. Halp please?

MAJOR EDIT 2: It's possible that I screwed up patching the first time around, since I did it again with a new rom and loaded my old files, everything running smooth again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back