• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
hey everybody, I tried out the Rayquaza part and it works!!! I'm not totally sure if you need both Kyogre and Groudon in your party, so I can't give you that. I was scared that I thought I still had the infinite stairwell, but I was relieve when I hit the top.

Edit: I'll try to go without the 2 in my party right now

Edit2: Success!! It turns out that you don't need the 2 in your party to reach the top. Have fun, people!

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hey everybody, I tried out the Rayquaza part and it works!!! I'm not totally sure if you need both Kyogre and Groudon in your party, so I can't give you that. I was scared that I thought I still had the infinite stairwell, but I was relieve when I hit the top.
So the warps were finally connected? :D
Is it in 3.2 or some new version?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
go challenge the elite 4 again then go fight red at mt. silver. then afterwards you will have a phone call and you will carry on from there to get to orange island..
the guy is still in my way
also where where do you get ice beam, T Bolt, Dragon claw?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
hey guys new to the thread. just started playing the 3.2 and in the beginning it says the clock is broken and that i should probably start using a different emulator? what's that about and what emulator should i use im currently on vba on my laptop

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
hey guys new to the thread. just started playing the 3.2 and in the beginning it says the clock is broken and that i should probably start using a different emulator? what's that about and what emulator should i use im currently on vba on my laptop
Hi. Welcome to what I presume is your first Pokémon ROM of any type. Follow these directions to avoid the problem you just described on any future ROMhacks.

Assuming you use VisualBoyAdvance (if not, consult your emulator for equivalent directions)...

1. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type; change to 128K Flash
2. Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock; make sure it's checked (might not be needed, but I do this).
3. Quit VisualBoyAdvance (or your emulator; this is important).
4. Delete any save files created by the original opening of the ROM in your emulator. This is also important. Loading an existing save doesn't fix the problem.
5. Restart VisualBoyAdvance/"Some Other Random Emulator".
6. Load the ROM.
7. Enjoy.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Hi. Welcome to what I presume is your first Pok?mon ROM of any type. Follow these directions to avoid the problem you just described on any future ROMhacks.

Assuming you use VisualBoyAdvance (if not, consult your emulator for equivalent directions)...

1. Options -> Emulator -> Save Type; change to 128K Flash
2. Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock; make sure it's checked (might not be needed, but I do this).
3. Quit VisualBoyAdvance (or your emulator; this is important).
4. Delete any save files created by the original opening of the ROM in your emulator. This is also important. Loading an existing save doesn't fix the problem.
5. Restart VisualBoyAdvance/"Some Other Random Emulator".
6. Load the ROM.
7. Enjoy.

Cyclone

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Another somewhat off topic question: any idea where to get growlithe? I want it as my fire pokemon and would hate to start off with cydaquill if growlithe can be found within the first 3 towns or so

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Another somewhat off topic question: any idea where to get growlithe? I want it as my fire pokemon and would hate to start off with cydaquill if growlithe can be found within the first 3 towns or so
Given this is based off of Crystal, I will presume the information at Bulbapedia is somewhat accurate. Therefore, you can find it on Routes 36 and 37 (36 can be reached after the 2nd Gym, 37 waits until after the 3rd due to Sudowoodo). Later, it can be found on Route 8.

If there is any difference, someone who knows more about it please comment further.

Cyclone

Gamerboy7991

In general, should I download Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2 or 1.8.0 beta 3?

I kind of want 1.7.2 since it's a stable release.

Would the 1.8.0 beta 3 have more bugs than 1.7.2 since it's in the beta still?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I also use the stable release. There was a version released on Christmas Eve 2011 that was marketed as going with this hack specifically; I don't know what's different.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
when playing i notice that the speed the text moves at is a bit slow like during battle is there anyway to speed that up and also at night time it seems extremely buggy with slow movements and idk why

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
What emulator do you use? I haven't encountered these problems anywhere.

I use vba. And the slowness that happens at night seems to have gone away dunno why that was happening but i still would like to speed up the text

Years
I use vba. And the slowness that happens at night seems to have gone away dunno why that was happening but i still would like to speed up the text
Use these settings as well:
Choose real colours to Gbc colours..

and if it still occurs then its fine that you are running it slow..

Hey LaZ... where is Zeikku??? Are you planning on any other projects??

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Speeding up the text is an in-game option. Go to Options in the game and you should see the place to set it.

Cyclone

Back