• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Help With Fixing Tileset Transparency (Also free tileset)

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Free Super Tileset For RMXP

Yeah, I kind forgot to fix the transparency of this super tileset, and I would appreciate any and all help with fixing it. For those who are just gonna download this tileset, be warned that it has white space in the image and wont look good without fixing the transparency, but for those who do wanna help, anyone can use this and have a super tileset for their game.

Credits for the tiles in this tileset: So that moderators don't yell at me for credits. ;P
BoOmxBiG
WesleyFG
=zerudez
UltimoSpriter
0NegaXFMP0
Heavy-Metal-Lover
TyranitarDark
Alucus, Alistair, Calis projects and/or Kyledove
UltimoSpriter
Rossay
Alstair and PHO
Rayquaza
zetavares852
robie392

Download Link:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
According to the quote function, the link doesn't work because there is no link. The spoiler tags are completely empty. Too bad, I woulda loved another free tileset to play around with.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
It's supposed to be an attached image, but he didn't attach anything.

The image is there look to your far left, it's very tall, and very thin it is there you just need to look and yes it is free but useless unless you fix all the white space into transparency.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
That's it?

It took me five seconds.

Spoiler:

Yup, but in it's current state it's practically unusable and that isn't even the full tileset I'm still adding more, but for now I just need someone to help me with fixing the transparency because I messed up and forgot to do it ahead of time.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
Yup, but in it's current state it's practically unusable and that isn't even the full tileset I'm still adding more, but for now I just need someone to help me with fixing the transparency because I messed up and forgot to do it ahead of time.

You can set the transparency in RMXP. Your real issue is the resizing you've done on some tiles. Some of the buildings look like they were stretched, which isn't very attractive.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
The image is there look to your far left, it's very tall, and very thin it is there you just need to look and yes it is free but useless unless you fix all the white space into transparency.

Image is only there because you added it back in, we can see when you edited the post XD. Quick way to set up transparency, download paint.net, open it up, open up the file, click on the bucket fill tool, set transparency, hold shift and left click the colour you want to be transparent.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Image is only there because you added it back in, we can see when you edited the post XD. Quick way to set up transparency, download paint.net, open it up, open up the file, click on the bucket fill tool, set transparency, hold shift and left click the colour you want to be transparent.

Shhh, your killing my cover :P! I figured that, but when I used paint.net, I used the magic wand, then pasted my image in, and it didn't do anything. Then I had to resort to fixing the transparency of every white space individually which annoyed me, because some tiles were overwritten with transparency for some reason. Also where on Paint.net can I "set transparency" with the bucket fill tool?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I used the "Select by Color" in GIMP, and turned the threshold to 0 so it would only select the one shade of white. Then I deleted it and BAM. Transparent.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Shhh, your killing my cover :P! I figured that, but when I used paint.net, I used the magic wand, then pasted my image in, and it didn't do anything. Then I had to resort to fixing the transparency of every white space individually which annoyed me, because some tiles were overwritten with transparency for some reason. Also where on Paint.net can I "set transparency" with the bucket fill tool?

Near the bar that says tolerance, there's a flask that is filled in green, click it, it goes transparent :) Also, set the tolerance to 0. A wise tip to do, if you're ever using ms paint to resize anything, I'd suggest for you to go into something like paint.net, set the background layer as a colour you wont use for the transparency, and make a new layer for the tileset, then you can click merge layer and it will have a background colour for you, allowing you to paste it in ms paint for resizing without the worry of having to set up a colour for transparency in RMXP.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Near the bar that says tolerance, there's a flask that is filled in green, click it, it goes transparent :) Also, set the tolerance to 0. A wise tip to do, if you're ever using ms paint to resize anything, I'd suggest for you to go into something like paint.net, set the background layer as a colour you wont use for the transparency, and make a new layer for the tileset, then you can click merge layer and it will have a background colour for you, allowing you to paste it in ms paint for resizing without the worry of having to set up a colour for transparency in RMXP.

Hmm... how odd, I tried all that, and then loaded it in RMXP and there is still transparency issues, most odd. I set the tolerance to 0%, I clicked the green flask to "overwrite," and then I selected a white color from the color picker and used that, then I filled in the first layer, after that I inserted my image as a separate layer and merged the two together and did not do anything, the white is still white and not the transparent black and whiteish kinda look when you do make it transparent for the background.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
You could just import the one I did for you. It's already transparent.

Nothing complicated at all. Just put the image in /Graphics/Tilesets, then go into RMXP and set the passability and terrain tags and stuff.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
You could just import the one I did for you. It's already transparent.

Nothing complicated at all. Just put the image in /Graphics/Tilesets, then go into RMXP and set the passability and terrain tags and stuff.

Oh... well that's awfully nice of you, thank you. Also if I want to edit the file once again the transparency disappears and paint.net does not have a good zoom function so I was wondering what program I can use as a substitute for MSPaint because MSpaint does not keep transparency.

Last edited:
Back