• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Advanced Series (GBA toolbox)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Ok, I know ive already posted about an error similar to this, but, I just tried to go and use the sprite editor. I opened the folder, and it was gone. I came here and downloaded it again, and it wont let me extract it. When I try to, it says "Cannot move file: Cannot read from the source file or disk" Then a Norton window pops up ans tells me it deleted Suspicious.Cloud.2. Im acctually pretty pissed, because this seems to ALWAYS happen to me. Its not your fault. Its probablly just me being retarded. Any help is appreciated guys :/

Complans

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2015
Ok, I know ive already posted about an error similar to this, but, I just tried to go and use the sprite editor. I opened the folder, and it was gone. I came here and downloaded it again, and it wont let me extract it. When I try to, it says "Cannot move file: Cannot read from the source file or disk" Then a Norton window pops up ans tells me it deleted Suspicious.Cloud.2. Im acctually pretty pissed, because this seems to ALWAYS happen to me. Its not your fault. Its probablly just me being retarded. Any help is appreciated guys :/

Because Norton is *cough*, your only option is to disable it. Not sure if Norton has it, but if there is an Ignore List add the Supsicious.Cloud.2 to it.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Because Norton is *cough*, your only option is to disable it. Not sure if Norton has it, but if there is an Ignore List add the Supsicious.Cloud.2 to it.

I just checked, and I found an exclusions list. I added the files to it, but I get the same thing :c
I scanned the fies in a custom scan, but it says nothing detected. THanks for the help anyway.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
I have abit of a problem with this program. when i import indexed or non indexed sprites to the program the finished product looks really glitchy. and when i try to sychronoize the palletes, it gives a error message and crashes. any ideas as to why?

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
64X64 = Good, 65X64 etc. = Bad
16- coulours = Good, 17+ coulours = Bad

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
So far I'm using the Icon Editor (as it's all I really need) and it works PERFECTLY for me. I just get the icons for Black and White Pokemon off the internet, extract the individual frames, and put them together in a bitmap in Paint using the greenish background color. Thank you!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
Darn... I thought this would work with Pokémon Sapphire >.<
Do you know where I can locate the offsets to write up another ini file for sapphire?

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
If possible, could someone make an .ini for the Japanese Fire Red roms? Or if its been done, could you post a link? You would be a god if you did.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I have a question about the Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor. I notice it allows you to edit the sprite's palette, which is helpful, but is there a way to import the palette of an image so I don't have to edit it one color at a time? I already can easily edit the palettes of the images before inserting them, but if the palette is bigger than the one I'm overwriting, I have to use a combination of your program and PokePic.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
i was looking over the screenshots (to see how easy it is to use) and i realized you have "altitude" and "y". but isnt y up and down on a coordinate plane? im just curious...

kringlur

Velkominn í heim POKéMON!
Years
APSE is really great, except I'm having a problem. Whenever I try to switch to a new sprite to edit and I haven't waited about ten seconds, I get this error, "Data is not LZ77 compressed!". By the way, this is before I do anything to change the sprites I'm trying to switch to, so the original Fire Red sprites are still there. Then I hit "okay" and the program crashes. It usually works fine if I wait for a while before switching to new sprite, but when you're trying to edit 151 sprites this is really time-consuming.

I'm also getting a problem where for no reason, on occasion, the thing totally crashes when I click "write to ROM". It's only happened a few times so far. I finally got an error when I tried to do this, and it's:
"fatal error in gc:
GetthreadContext failed"

Also, sometimes it deletes some of the colours in my palette after I've written it to the rom and check back on it later. For example, this:

screenshot20110619at717.png

Turns into:

screenshot20110619at716.png

And it's always the same kind of change, the first three colours are kept and any after that turn to black.

Last edited:

timson733333

Woah.
Years
I've updated my .NET framework, closed every program involving hacking, and it still gives me the "Arithmetic Operation" error. Can somebody please find the cause of this or is APSE just incompatible with 64-bit Windows 7 operating systems?

EdensElite

No0b, but getting there.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 4, 2014
I have a problem with the icon editor. When I add icons to my extra pokemon (the ones between celibi and hoenn) the last sprite I put in, replaces all of fakemon sprites. How can I stop this!

NDogg45

Skrillexmon is best Pokemon
Years
Does anyone have a Sapphire ini? I am so freaking stressed out and have no clue how to make one!!! D:

Back