• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I agree with that, over here in Ireland and England the football scene is beyond believable and I would imagine it's the same in Europe and all over. I know some people that without fail every year will pick up the new FIFA, regardless of it's price, who's making it, etc.

The impression I get from these people I know is that they care little about the games industry, they have no interest in reading up about new games, the industry, etc. All they care about is getting their hands on that one game (FIFA in this case) every year. So I'm simply backing up Pave's point by providing a real life observation from myself.

Now just to reinforce my point, these people are the people -I- know. I am in no way saying every FIFA fan doesn't care about other games or the industry as I'm 100% positive there are FIFA fans out there who generally care and play many other games besides FIFA. So just bear in mind my post references the people I know and not every FIFA fan in the world.
Plus, the game has built such a huge fanbase over the years. This is because FIFA has always been the best football game since it came out in '97 and the number of copies sold for each game either stays around the same or increases every year. If someone is a fan of football, then, in England at least, they are quite likely to end up buying the game.

Years
I'm looking for GTA V! Can't wait to take breaks from running over random civilians by playing a relaxing game of golf, lol. Hopefully it comes to PC, they never made an announcement :\

Years
haha, i love the gta series soo much. nothing like having no (meaningless) consequences for being the most irresponsible, wanton destruction-causing, innocent lives-taking douche you can be! i'll be interested in the new activities too, base jumping means you can actually traverse most buildings and i can't wait to take advantage of that.

droomph

weeb
Years
haha, i love the gta series soo much. nothing like having no (meaningless) consequences for being the most irresponsible, wanton destruction-causing, innocent lives-taking douche you can be! i'll be interested in the new activities too, base jumping means you can actually traverse most buildings and i can't wait to take advantage of that.

I'm not too hopeful though…it'll probably be overhyped and although it'll be good, it won't be *as* good as they had made it seem.

ALSO GUESS WHAT GUYS I'M DOWNLOADING UBUNTU ON MY MAC

BECAUSE MACS SUCK

AND I'M ALSO TRYING OUT A GAME DESIGNING TOOL

Years
nuuuu but all of the features, man, all of the features...

I hear a lot about ubuntu, especially from my compsci friends, and i even ordered the cd but i never did anything with it... what's the point? :P

Years
I'm not as hyped for GTA as I would be. I'm getting bored of playing a very similar game each time with a bit of improvements to the previous version. Don't get me wrong, I like GTA, but I wanna see something big change. It's just I've played quite a bit of GTA and it's a very similar concept each time. Yes, it's fun to destroy, kill, fly etc. but you can do it in pretty much all GTA games.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
The major fun from GTA, at least in my opinion, is that you can also do anything you want and the missions are varied. That's why I keep buying it, I'm gonna get I'VE on my
Also the music is amazing.

Years
The most fun I have on GTA is killing the masses, crowding a load of cars on a road and blowing them up, speed driving over obstacles etc. which honestly I could do for a good while, it's just when I stop, I wouldn't play the game for a few weeks/months because it's one of those games for me which I have more fun if I have breaks between play times.

droomph

weeb
Years
nuuuu but all of the features, man, all of the features...

I hear a lot about ubuntu, especially from my compsci friends, and i even ordered the cd but i never did anything with it... what's the point? :P

It's completely free if you use VirtualBox :p it's pretty limited in terms of programs, but it's still better than Mac in that department :p

I don't know but it should be a little bit more "customizable" than Mac or Windows, considering this is Linux and all.

And for GTA, I've never played it but I've seen like 5 minutes of car training…that honestly ruined my chances of ever playing it :p

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm not as hyped for GTA as I would be. I'm getting bored of playing a very similar game each time with a bit of improvements to the previous version. Don't get me wrong, I like GTA, but I wanna see something big change. It's just I've played quite a bit of GTA and it's a very similar concept each time. Yes, it's fun to destroy, kill, fly etc. but you can do it in pretty much all GTA games.
I dunno, I'd say that in terms of mechanics, Grand Theft Auto has evolved and changed quite a bit throughout its iterations. I see where you're coming from, but there was a massive jump from San Andreas to GTAIV, and similarly there was quite the jump from Vice City to San Andreas (With the RPG elements, swimming, etc). I mean, the only way they could really innovate more than they have been would be by making spin-offs or by going the Saints Row route and just going crazy, but GTA has always prided itself on a changing, detailed setting and realistic characters, so making an engaging story and a memorable environment is also a part of it. It's a hard concept to change without straying from what is GTA.

Years
I dunno, I'd say that in terms of mechanics, Grand Theft Auto has evolved and changed quite a bit throughout its iterations. I see where you're coming from, but there was a massive jump from San Andreas to GTAIV, and similarly there was quite the jump from Vice City to San Andreas (With the RPG elements, swimming, etc). I mean, the only way they could really innovate more than they have been would be by making spin-offs or by going the Saints Row route and just going crazy, but GTA has always prided itself on a changing, detailed setting and realistic characters, so making an engaging story and a memorable environment is also a part of it. It's a hard concept to change without straying from what is GTA.

Thing is, I only really started playing GTA with San Andreas, I played some Liberty City but I didn't really get into it and have completely forgotten about it. Yeah, I realize the improvements in GTA IV were big, but I just start to get bored at the concept of the game. I know that changing it wouldn't be a good idea, and don't get me wrong, it is a very good game but it's more of a personal preference over anything else. I like the advances being made in terms of mechanics and graphics etc. it's just the idea behind the game bores me after a while, and the same happened with my friends; they played it for a month and they haven't played it since. I'm not saying to change the game or anything like that, but to make minor additions that make it into something we could play more than we do.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Thing is, I only really started playing GTA with San Andreas, I played some Liberty City but I didn't really get into it and have completely forgotten about it. Yeah, I realize the improvements in GTA IV were big, but I just start to get bored at the concept of the game. I know that changing it wouldn't be a good idea, and don't get me wrong, it is a very good game but it's more of a personal preference over anything else. I like the advances being made in terms of mechanics and graphics etc. it's just the idea behind the game bores me after a while, and the same happened with my friends; they played it for a month and they haven't played it since. I'm not saying to change the game or anything like that, but to make minor additions that make it into something we could play more than we do.
Do you have any suggestions in mind?

Years
Do you have any suggestions in mind?

No, not per se. I know that Rockstar work really hard in producing these games and I'm not one to tell them how to do it, considering the success they have. Like I say, it's a more personal preference over anything else, so I guess it's just one of those games I'm not really gonna get into that much for a while.

Keizaal

but innocence is gone
Years
(urf well I've never played GTA so I don't have a say in this discussion so let's start something new.)

WOAH GUYS I GOT FALLOUT 3 FOR $10 and I'm really excited to try it!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Just gonna take a moment here and say Pikmin 3 is amazing! Did not get into the past games in the series much but this game just captured me like no other. And the game is really beautiful!

I'm pretty addicted to the camera feature. Some pictures that I took...
Spoiler:

Years
I haven't played Pikmin in a long time, but that is looking amazing! The detail in the graphics is beautiful, really catches the eye. What do you know, will need to get myself caught up on some Pikmin.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
(urf well I've never played GTA so I don't have a say in this discussion so let's start something new.)

WOAH GUYS I GOT FALLOUT 3 FOR $10 and I'm really excited to try it!

If it's the PC version, get some mods for it.

Base FO3 is a great game. Mods make it much, much, better. I'd recommend WMK (Weapon Mod Kits), AWOP (A World of Pain, adds many new locations to FO3) and Fellout (Mod that removes the green tinge that is prevalent everywhere.)

Edit - This
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back