• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Dark Cry: The Legend of Giratina!

Years
Awesome

I've played through both the alphas so far this is amazing! You can tell from the alphas alone this is gunna be great! Hope it gets finished!

Years
Found a bit of a glitch in the cave under the ruin.

Every time a ghost appears if you use an attack it says "(pokemon) is too scared to attack" but then you get 74 exp anyway... it doesn't take away any pp either so you can level up here for ages.

Great game btw, absolutely love it so far, been ages since I've actually slowed down and really gotten into a hack, it's story etc. Thanks.

Years
  • Seen Aug 20, 2012
I can't get this to work for some odd reason... I really want to though! It looks awesome!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Could you post a youtube video of finding the meteor detector pls

There is a guide for these questions: Click Here!

Can I try a walkthrough of this?

Sure Marth, everybody is allowed to do that! But if you want to reach the guide, I prefer voice talking in these walktroughs ;)

Found a bit of a glitch in the cave under the ruin.

Every time a ghost appears if you use an attack it says "(pokemon) is too scared to attack" but then you get 74 exp anyway... it doesn't take away any pp either so you can level up here for ages.

Great game btw, absolutely love it so far, been ages since I've actually slowed down and really gotten into a hack, it's story etc. Thanks.

Thanks for reporting bigdonga! I'll take some time to restore this bug, once I find out what causes it. And thank you for your support! Great to hear you seriously take time for the story line, I would like to thank you! ^^

I've played through both the alphas so far this is amazing! You can tell from the alphas alone this is gunna be great! Hope it gets finished!

Thanks khyle, I seriously hope aswell but it sadly takes some time.

My favorite hack in activity, like a lot of new aspects that you always seek, and put in the game, the graphics are incredible, and excellent playability,
Congratulations on the alpha

Thanks Wesley, I hope you'll find some time to test the alpha, that would be great! Again, thanks for your support!

Gah, im stuck! when i go in the Unown room im stuck on the puzzle and cant get out! can someone send some picture of how to complete it? i dont wanna start over :(!

EDIT 1: finished the puzzle, AND my pokeballs, is there no way to return there? i want to find the other Unowns!

Gz hyper on solving it! For now, there is no way to return! The rope has been removed by Morris so he can, without anyone disturbing him, continue his research!

An amazing hack!Good work!
But I have two questions about it:

1.I have an ips patch which can DPlize the moves of FireRed game. Will it work on this hack or will there be any bugs?
(DPlize means whether a move belongs to physical attack or spetial attack depends on the move itself, not the type of move)

2.Why the start pokemons do not contain torchic,mudkip and treeko?

1. No, that will overule the data that has been written on this rom!
2. Not sure how to answer that. It just popped up in my head about 3 years ago to add them.

I love this hack so far.. the Ukuele Pichu was my best and cutest pokemon, i bet you can imagine my reaction. made it my avatar too! :P anyway, is it one of your '4 never before showed fakemon'?

Thanks again hyper! And no, ukulele pichu isn't one of the 4 unseen fakemon!
These are: Regighost, Regiwater, Regifire en pendulem (Prince of time)!

Probably my favorite ROM hack. My friend always asks for my phone during classes so he can play this game.

I can't wait until the next update, as always.

Thanks CCCPan, great to hear that! Its always great to see people supporting this!

Congrats on your new alpha release mitchell.
Incredible work, i hope to one day be in your league.
Once again great work and id love for you to check out my hack, feedback from someone as talented as you would be much appreciated.

Thanks kebbles, and of course like you might now, I did!

The hack's coming along nicely. Like that your proactive and quick on the updates. Keep up the great work.

Thanks TD!

Thank you so much! I finally know how to do it now. :D

Your welcome scar!

I dont believe the quick save works Mitchel, because the rom is locked and can only load saves from 'Pokemon DARKMYTH' as it says, but if thats to protect your tiles and everything, thats perfectly fine and acceptable, theres no harm in starting again, if anything we can find more bugs this way :D

Oh and Pichu gets a legendary mission, exciting !

WARNING MITCHEL

The fisherman quest, he accepts ANY pokemon and will take them off you, not just magikarp, so be careful everyone ^^ !

Glad it isn't that big of deal for you blackmage. About the fisherman, I saw it aswell, its currently fixed! Hope you'll reach the legendary mission of pichu!

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Hey I have the same error that someone else had earlier.

When I do the rocket quest, whenever i get to the goal it says I've taken 270 seconds (lowest I've gotten it to read). My speed it set to 99% from the time I start talking to the woman to start the quest to actually doing the quest.

Kota889

He who dwells in the Shadows
Years
I'm having the same problem with the first rocket quest. The lowest I have been able to get it is around 270 seconds. I think there's a similar problem with the mart quest in the first town, however I could be wrong though if it actually takes around 280 seconds to get from there to the lab and back.

Other than that, awesome hack. Looking forward for this being fixed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2016
I recently have solved that problem....try to save your game regularly and load it back (by not using F1 OR Shift + F1)..Once loaded the game, try not to push the spacebar button till you finish the quest..

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
im having trouble getting out of the 2nd town ive done the meateor mission and the mushroom mission sand the gym but the console wont let me out it says i have to follow the story line pls help

fixed it i had to do a proper games save instead of save state then reset my emulator

i found a glitch with pidgeys back sprite it is floating above the text bar

Last edited by a moderator:

Kota889

He who dwells in the Shadows
Years
I recently have solved that problem....try to save your game regularly and load it back (by not using F1 OR Shift + F1)..Once loaded the game, try not to push the spacebar button till you finish the quest..

Well that actually worked. I don't know why as I never use the spacebar in the hacks. I guess It has something to do with the save states or something? I dunno, well glad that there was a solution to that.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I finally had some time to play the new alpha. great job.
I don't know why but I'm having a problem, I'm doing that mission *don't know if it is one or not* in Mt. Hydronic and I borrowed the guys hammer. It says I only have 2 mins but I can't get out of the dang thing. I even turned on real time on the vba emulator & nothing. The same thing happens when I play it on my psp. I'm stuck in the dang cave *I dont want to use my old save bc I caught some pokemon that took me a while to find*.

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2012
i dont find a way

plz can anyone help me and tell where is the meteor finder device im searching from last 3 days!this is so dumb

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
I'm having the same problem with the first rocket quest. The lowest I have been able to get it is around 270 seconds. I think there's a similar problem with the mart quest in the first town, however I could be wrong though if it actually takes around 280 seconds to get from there to the lab and back.

Other than that, awesome hack. Looking forward for this being fixed.

Basically, I think I've two explanations for this.
1) Once you've aceepted "A race against time" you should delever the package to prof. rowan and RETURN to the vendor for your reward. The timer would now be reset so the rom can use his memory for the follow mission, wich is now for example: Story mission: Where is that bagon... I meant egg!
2) You should NEVER, EVER use the space bar to speed up these missions.

im having trouble getting out of the 2nd town ive done the meateor mission and the mushroom mission sand the gym but the console wont let me out it says i have to follow the story line pls help

fixed it i had to do a proper games save instead of save state then reset my emulator

i found a glitch with pidgeys back sprite it is floating above the text bar

1) Finish Story mission: Discover Torn World!
2) Pidgey's backsprite has been solved!

this hack looks great!
I' definitely try it sometime.
I can't wait 'til the full version is released

Thanks pokehacker, If I may suggest you to play the alpha's? I've no clue when the full release would been released!

I finally had some time to play the new alpha. great job.
I don't know why but I'm having a problem, I'm doing that mission *don't know if it is one or not* in Mt. Hydronic and I borrowed the guys hammer. It says I only have 2 mins but I can't get out of the dang thing. I even turned on real time on the vba emulator & nothing. The same thing happens when I play it on my psp. I'm stuck in the dang cave *I dont want to use my old save bc I caught some pokemon that took me a while to find*.

Thanks qaz, about the hammer thing, I would like to trouble shoot that with you.
1) Did this happen after the package delevery at atlernion city?
2) Does this also happen when you choose for the pickaxe?
3) It doesn't show you've reached ... seconds?
Thanks for reporting qaz! I'm sorry about your save file :( I hope you'll find a way out quickly without the timer (But I doubt that).

plz can anyone help me and tell where is the meteor finder device im searching from last 3 days!this is so dumb

There's a guide in the first post for these questions.
(If you can't leave atlernion city, you should finish first story mission: Discover torn world. What will start by the old man that's located in Atlernion city...(This is also told in-game ;))

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks qaz, about the hammer thing, I would like to trouble shoot that with you.
1) Did this happen after the package delevery at atlernion city?
2) Does this also happen when you choose for the pickaxe?
3) It doesn't show you've reached ... seconds?
Thanks for reporting qaz! I'm sorry about your save file :( I hope you'll find a way out quickly without the timer (But I doubt that).

1) No before. I did not exit the cave yet, its my first run though the Mt.
2) ... I dont know I only tried the hammer.
3) Nope doesn't show anything.
I just hope I can re-find the pokemon I had again.*I'll see if I can use the warp cheat & warp home to save me time*.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
i cant get out of the place with unknowns the guy has been making an escape rope for about 6 hours now

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Hey Mitchel1, first off I would like to start off by saying, your game is positively beautiful and plays like the pokemon game I always wish I could play. So far it is great stuff.

However, I'm stuck. I have no idea if it's a bug or intentional. I see in some previous posts in thios thread some people are talking about the ruins and the making of some kind of escape rope, I havve no idea what that's about but if it somehow pretains to my problem then I'll just follow your instructions and wait(?).
My problem is I went into the first ruins where I found Entei. Now I can't leave the ruins. The door to the first room appears to be glitched. I keep meeting the level 0 ghost but the door will not let me out. Is this a glitch or just somehow part of the gaming experience?
Will I have to start over from scratch?

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I found another bug. In tomb Kha'laba you can't go back through the part where Morris is. That is the only part I see in the tomb that doesn't work.

Back