• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What about me?

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
How would you like it if taking care or oneself or even our Pokemon. By this I mean incorporating the need of the player character to rest and eat such as the Sims. And how about feeding our Pokemon outside of using berries etc?

Would you like to see this in the 6th Generation games?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I feel like that would interrupt gameplay tremendously and get annoying very quickly. It makes sense in a game like PMD where you need to eat in dungeons to keep stamina and such, but in the main series where you're constantly all over the place and doing things...idk. I don't think I'd like it. It'd just be a hassle. I guess if implemented correctly it could work, but even still, I don't think I'd like it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
No.

Before I read that suggestion, I might've said that there's nothing that GF could do that would make me simply decide to not even bother playing the games. But that made me realize that there is - adding the layer of busywork necessary to implement a pointless "needs" system. I have absolutely zero desire to slog through buttons and menus every time a display tells me that whatever arbitrary period of time is about to expire so it's time for me to slog through buttons and menus again.

Sorry - I mean nothing personal. Just - no.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I agree, it'll take too much time away from the main adventure. Also it can get annoyingsome to feed the character multiple times...however maybe if it were three times a day based a the real clock it may work.

WildDevon

XXX
Years
I think a game where you'd be able to customize your player would be absolutely awesome. I'm tired of having gay looking dude. No offense just, why does this keep happening!? The only player I've liked since emerald is the original black/white one.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I feel like that would interrupt gameplay tremendously and get annoying very quickly. It makes sense in a game like PMD where you need to eat in dungeons to keep stamina and such, but in the main series where you're constantly all over the place and doing things...idk. I don't think I'd like it. It'd just be a hassle. I guess if implemented correctly it could work, but even still, I don't think I'd like it.

I give up, Sydian, you are officially always right xD Anyways, yeah I thought of the same thing once, someone complained to me that you don't eat, sleep or anything and I just told them that, that would get too complicated and annoying, maybe eating and sleeping as an option but not necessary xD

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Taking care of the player character? No.
Monsters, however, seems intrinsic to the game, but it shouldn't be a matter of maintenance nor strictly necessary, instead something explicitly positive ought to be yielded as a result, ex. experience; unique items...

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Taking care of the player character? No.

Monsters, however, seems intrinsic to the game, but it shouldn't be a matter of maintenance nor strictly necessary, instead something explicitly positive ought to be yielded as a result, ex. experience; unique items...

if think they kinda did what you suggested with join avenue in bw2.

that said, my answer is no.
imo, cassino's suggestion is the only reasonable way to implement that and like i said bw2 actually did it so..

Back