• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabri

m8
Years

You Americans should be happy that elections exist in the USA. There are countries that there is no free elections, eg. the communist countries.

You sure you don't mean dictatorships? Because they are not the same thing.

Here we have a couple of major parties opposing each other, alternatively winning each two elections or so, another that stands in the middle and does coalitions with whoever wins and two left-winged small parties who get a very small amount of votes. (It's also really a disaster that absent votes were around 40% in the last elections. Fourty-effing-percent!)
It's not that the Portuguese politicians are really good anyways. The one we have is doing a royal piece of crap, but well... the alternatives weren't really any better. Half of them can't be taken seriously.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
You sure you don't mean dictatorships? Because they are not the same thing.

Here we have a couple of major parties opposing each other, alternatively winning each two elections or so, another that stands in the middle and does coalitions with whoever wins and two left-winged small parties who get a very small amount of votes. (It's also really a disaster that absent votes were around 40% in the last elections. Fourty-effing-percent!)
It's not that the Portuguese politicians are really good anyways. The one we have is doing a royal piece of crap, but well... the alternatives weren't really any better. Half of them can't be taken seriously.

Hmm. Sounds exactly like here. Except the middle party is smaller than the small left-wing ones so the two majority giants have to negotiate support with the local independentist parties from Catalonia or the Basque Country. It's very logical to try and get support for the Spanish Government from parties who want their territories to become independent from Spain, but there you go.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Franco and Salazar weren't communists precisely @Snor. Otherwise the US wouldn't have called them "friends" despite being cruel dictators who never held a single election during decades. Same goes for every US-backed South-American dictator (AKA all of them ever except Fidel).

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

That communism comment made be seriously cringe.
/someone who believes communism in a way could be a very functional thing if done properly and with care

Anyway, turned out to be difficult to use my Romney model in the James Bond clip, so they're two separate things now :(

The Bond thing is done, though. But I haven't rendered it yet, so there's no way to show it to any one. The Romney model I'm now building upon once in a while and take some funny screenshots.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I was really scared going into high school about the sheer amount of homework i would have. But luckily, i dont have that much and if i had any, i do it in latin.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Latin is the language that served as the root for 75% of the European languages.

And a High School is... uh... such a commonplace thing I don't really know how to describe it since everybody usually knows what it is XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm still not sure what age you're in when you're in High School xD Like... 13 or 16?

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021

I started High School when I was 13, almost 14. Graduated when I was 17, almost 18. Yup.

Years
I started High School when I was 13, almost 14. Graduated when I was 17, almost 18. Yup.

And this man here, being born in the summer, was on the young side for a graduating class's people.
As an example from the opposite end of the school year calendar, I was 14 (almost 15) when I started high school, and was 18 and well on my way to my 19th birthday when I graduated.

Of course, the high school we Americans refer to is different from the high school the British refer to. The British graduate from "high school" about the age that we enter our "high school". Our equivalent to their high school we usually call either middle school or junior high school.

Gabri

m8
Years
Same situation with the word "college". For Americans it means university, and for the British it is high school (aka years 10,11 and 12 - 14/15 to 17/18 years old)

The high school "system" in my country is the same as in Britain - I went in at 14 years old and finished it at 17 years old (since I'm born in December)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back