• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Hm. so the Shiny tool, basically takes a wild encounter script and make it a shiny encounter?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Okay, as I promised... today I'm proud to present a brand new ASM lesson and brand new tool! I'd like to thank Gamer2020, Link_971 and >Dante< for helping testing the Shinyzer.

The ASM lesson is for those that want to understand how things actually work. Otherwhise, if you just want a quick shiny, the Shinyzer will do it for you. Download it, load your ROM, find some free space (the Shinyzer will tell you how much exactly) and shinyze your game. Then:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0x2

In the example above, the shiny counter would be set to 0x2. This means we could give two consequent Pokémon and both would be shiny. After the second Pokémon is given, the shiny counter would reach 0x0, so the Shiny Hack would be disabled. For wild Pokémon, it's better not to set the counter anything higher than 0x1 anyway. What about trainers? The main concept is similar. The difference is that we need two setvar commands. The first one will be used as the counter, and the second will be used to tell which Pokémon needs to be shiny. Let's say we're about to battle a trainer who has 5 Pokémon. We want the second and the third Pokémon to be shiny, for example. So we would first set variable 0x8003 like this:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0xYY0X

where X stands for the Pokémon amount the trainer has. In our example, X is 5 therefore:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0xYY05

Then we need to choose the shiny Pokémon. Starting from the very first Pokémon till the last one, we write 1 if the Pokémon needs to be shiny or 0 otherwise:

Code:

In case you didn't realize, that's just a custom binary bit field. After converting it to hex we get 0xC. So:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0xC05

That's it.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Okay, as I promised... today I'm proud to present a brand new ASM lesson and brand new tool!

The ASM lesson is for those that want to understand how things actually works. Otherwhise, if you just want a quick shiny, the Shinyzer will do it for you. Download it, load your ROM, find some free space (the Shinyzer will tell you how much exactly) and shinyze your game. Then:

Awesome. I'm glad you posted it Andrea. I'm deinfitely looking forward to using this.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2010
Thanks hack mew, it worked.
I made a random test in my rom and worked perfectly.
I caught this using the shinyzer.

InsaneVersion_01-7.png

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
When I get back into ROM Hacking more (High School, lol) I may use this.

One thing I do wonder, does this ASM function work with JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine? As I WILL be using that.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
When I get back into ROM Hacking more (High School, lol) I may use this.

One thing I do wonder, does this ASM function work with JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine? As I WILL be using that.

Yeah, even if you used Mastermind_X's routine, everything should be working just fine.

MexicoolBoy

I'm MEXICO!!
Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2010
AWESOME tool HM!!:shocked:
Only a question: this routine work in the some way in RSE and FR/LG??
if no what are the difference? Thanks for the reply :D

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
So what?
We use callasm 0xoffset and then just setvar 0x8003 0x1 and then wildbattle?
It's that simple?

Not really. I never actually said you need a callasm at all. The setvar is all you need. Assuming you used the Shinyzer already, of course.

AWESOME tool HM!!:shocked:
Only a question: this routine work in the some way in RSE and FR/LG??
if no what are the difference? Thanks for the reply :D

Yeah, it works exactly the same in all the games :)

CoGuLaHnE

Hope's Triumph
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
HackMew, you told me the ROM I'm trying to load is not supported yet, and I should wait for the newer version. Any idea when the new version of OverworldEditor is coming out? It says the last time you updated it was 2007. I would greatly appreciate if it came out soon. You also said waiting is the easy solution. Is there anything I can do now to fix it, no matter how hard it would be? And why is my ROM having this problem? No one elses seems to have this problem. Just to tell you, I have Windows XP... and the XP is not a face.

-Omega-

Machu Pikachu
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Yeah, those tools are really good.

However, I've got a problem with XSE.
When I run it, a window will pop up :

[Run-time error '380':
Invalid property value]

Any help ?

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
T^T .. HEY HACKMEW!

I used XSE, but it didn't work, and closes suddenly!

so i redownload XSE from your link, but it also closes suddenly!

how can i use XSE? ..

P.S.) I'm Korean , one of Korea's Hacker! plz help me..

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
The routine not works with "Trainer Call" (with an exclamation point).
Can you fix that?

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
I've been having some problems with SMCA. I start it up and then try to load my FireRed ROM, but when I load it, it comes up with Runtime error '380' "Invalid Property Value"...
I've searched through the forum, and till now, this problem has only ocurred with XSE 1.1.1, and could be solved by deleting the settings.ini
But since SMCA has no settings.ini I have no idea how to fix the problem. The rest of the problems were fixed by a PM you sent to some people, which, I can't see ofcourse :P
Anyway, help would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
i have a big question. how do you make atd files for advance trainer? i been constantly wondering how to make them so i couls place some sprites i have in game

Back