• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Akuroma

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Seems wickedly scheme-ish to me. u_u Akumora looks really arrogant too, so I can imagine him showing off to many people, and they admire it. BUT LITTLE DO THEY KNOW. and so little we know too

That would make him more awesome imo. Like, Giovanni (money wise) meets Cyrus (technology wise) meets Ghetsis (in the sense that he tries to make people think he's a good guy).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ Meets Archie, Maxie, and N too if his intentions are fof the betterment of the world.

Also note that Akuroma spells Akuma when the ro is removed...and Akuma means demon!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think he could be the leader of that military looking new team (if they really are new team). He could have created some kind of disaster, use that team to show how they are fighting with with disaster and use media to make people think he and his team are heroes saving the day.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I think he could be the leader of that military looking new team (if they really are new team). He could have created some kind of disaster, use that team to show how they are fighting with with disaster and use media to make people think he and his team are heroes saving the day.

That's really interesting. If he was (like someone else brought up) able to manipulate people and gain charity (which would pay for his plans), he could have used a bit more of the original funds to actually cause some kind of disaster, undercover obviously, and then 'stop it' to win a serious amount of the population over, thus making him look like a hero while he plans even bigger things.

Yeah, probably overthinking, but ah well. This is something really crazy to think over, haha.

Years
That book he is holding seems old, my guess is that it was discovered in the newly rebuilt ruins and details the full legend of the dragons.

Perhaps he uses the fu ds to unearth an ancient item that will allow him to control Kyurem and take over the region like Ghetsis before him dreamed of minus the unnecessary taking people's Pokemon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
@MRAS - I'm guessing that the book has to do with legend history as well, and maybe Akumora is trying to revive whatever happened in the past with Kyurem. Kind of like in the Pokémon Movie Jirachi Wish Maker -- the magician tried to recreate Groudon to prove Team Magma what he really could do. But it would all go wrong!

Loving these speculations! It's quite funny though, all we know about Akuroma is from what we've seen and the meaning of his name, but at the same time we know almost nothing at all. We can only infer. :B

He has to be the character that is really bringing out the hype in the games for me right now. He's so mysterious! To think that he may be an evil professor is genius.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
@MRAS - I'm guessing that the book has to do with legend history as well, and maybe Akumora is trying to revive whatever happened in the past with Kyurem. Kind of like in the Pokémon Movie Jirachi Wish Maker -- the magician tried to recreate Groudon to prove Team Magma what he really could do. But it would all go wrong!

Loving these speculations! It's quite funny though, all we know about Akuroma is from what we've seen and the meaning of his name, but at the same time we know almost nothing at all. We can only infer. :B

He has to be the character that is really bringing out the hype in the games for me right now. He's so mysterious! To think that he may be an evil professor is genius.

It's definitely all of the speculation that makes it fun. I mean, finally we have a character that actually intrigues people. All of the other main characters or whatnot were explained in full who and what they were. Finally we have one that we can actually discuss and debate about. Finally we have an evil professor, a concept that MANY people have been waiting for.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, I had my thoughts that he may be in control of those men you encounter at Nimbasa City, we don't have much info on him and he looks kinda shady to me.

Years
Well they did say he was a Mysterious character ^_^ I can see him behind more of an enigma than even N was. Speaking of N may he have a connection with him or Plasma? Perhaps he got the book from the ruins of N's castle itself ,perhaps it has notes of Ghetsis' failed plan which he plans to execute himself in a different fashion from him and the previous five villainous teams.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
^ I do hope he will have to do something with N or Ghetsis.

Two years ago, the professor of Unova was just in the hands of Juniper. It makes me wonder what Akuroma was doing during all of that time... and the possible evil team we saw as well.

Years
He has own special scene (with this book) just like N so who knows? Maybe he is a bad guy and has something to do with genesect and plazmas but it's just a speculation.

blue

gucci
Years
He definately has a sinister look in his eyes but then again he could just be made to look like that. His appearence tells me that it's more likely he's the professor than the leader of an evil team he just doesn't really look the type.

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
I think he will be the leader of Team Plasma. He just looks leader-like to me.

Years
I agree that he looks evil, and that he might be leading that team in nimbasa city. i also have a feeling he's gonna be some sort of evil politician type figure, able to twist words really well. I also think he'll have something to do with those ruins near Undella town, to use them to bring rise to Black/White Kyurem, sorta like spear pillar?

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
OK, I couldn't see anyone posting that so:

Akuroma's name should be translated to English as Achrom. Achromatic, specifically. Now, let's compare it to name of another character - Ghetsis.

Ghetsis - G and Cis - name based on a very well know discord, tritone.
Akuroma a.k.a. Achrom(atic) - name based on lack of colours.
Both Ghetsis and Akuroma have names that ruin some kind of harmony.

Both are blond, one has red eyes the other blue eyes... Aren't those the secondary colours of B2W2?! IMO, if Akuroma isn't Ghetsis itself, he's his brother.

Flygon-Gal

Fly Away!
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2012
OK, I couldn't see anyone posting that so:

Akuroma's name should be translated to English as Achrom. Achromatic, specifically. Now, let's compare it to name of another character - Ghetsis.

Ghetsis - G and Cis - name based on a very well know discord, tritone.
Akuroma a.k.a. Achrom(atic) - name based on lack of colours.
Both Ghetsis and Akuroma have names that ruin some kind of harmony.

Both are blond, one has red eyes the other blue eyes... Aren't those the secondary colours of B2W2?! IMO, if Akuroma isn't Ghetsis itself, he's his brother.

Thats a possibility... Or it could be ghetsis disguised. Unlikely but y'know... Actually it's quite possible

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I wanna know how he became the professor in Unova. Hopefully they explain it in-game; surely no one can become the only professor of the region easily.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I can't really see Akuroma as Ghetsis' brother though because well, ... Ghetsis looks kind of old. But maybe! Akuroma is N's older brother and that's why he might be in Team Plasma, you know, to follow his father's legacy. And maybe he ended up as the leader of Team Plasma who also convinced everyone to make him the new prof. of Unova because he found that old book and realized that the previous prophecy in BW1 could re-occur differently if Kyurem was awakened and realized you could be the next hero so he is trying to manipulate you. A little too in-depth and unlikely but not impossible...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I can't really see Akuroma as Ghetsis' brother though because well, ... Ghetsis looks kind of old. But maybe! Akuroma is N's older brother and that's why he might be in Team Plasma, you know, to follow his father's legacy. And maybe he ended up as the leader of Team Plasma who also convinced everyone to make him the new prof. of Unova because he found that old book and realized that the previous prophecy in BW1 could re-occur differently if Kyurem was awakened and realized you could be the next hero so he is trying to manipulate you. A little too in-depth and unlikely but not impossible...
Yeah, I highly believe that this professor is going to suck up to the people of Unova and look good for them, whilst attempting to manipulate the protagonists (or the rival) into joining Team Plasma and/or getting him closer to awakening Kyurem.

Back