• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
I'm not so sure, while the game do sell here in Australia, games as a whole are slow sellers here.

That said many forums about ROM Hacking and Emulation tend to be littered with Aussies (I swear GBAtemp is like 1/3 Australians), not entirely sure why.

gotron228

^_^
Years
yes it is possible to get a cable from the pc to gba but no u cant trade from them

EDIT:Oh PS I live in Australia and I baught taht usb thing

Years
I hope you guys realise that Slot-1 Flashcarts (R4DS etc) will not work with the GBA games.
Depending on the brand of your flashcart, you can find save converters.

And you can most definately NOT get a USB-GBA cable that allows you to trade/link. VBA Link/No$GBA are the only methods of trading with emulators and they have no pheripheral support.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
VBA Speed Question

So, recentley I was playing Pokemon Silver on my VBA and it ran at 100%, then when I speeded it up using the Speed Toggle (Spacebar) It would become 3000% - 4000%.

I just started playing Pokemon Emerald and it also ran at 100%, but then when I did the speed toggle it only came to 200%... How could I make it run faster? At least 500% or so?

I've tried messing with the frame skip options and music off and on. Which didn't work...

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
So, recentley I was playing Pokemon Silver on my VBA and it ran at 100%, then when I speeded it up using the Speed Toggle (Spacebar) It would become 3000% - 4000%.

I just started playing Pokemon Emerald and it also ran at 100%, but then when I did the speed toggle it only came to 200%... How could I make it run faster? At least 500% or so?

I've tried messing with the frame skip options and music off and on. Which didn't work...
I'm sorry, this happens to me too. It is probably a difference in the rom types. Therefore, you cannot do anything about it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2017
Basically the speed will vary vastly from gbc-gba-nds roms when playing on an emulator.
GBC will always run extremely fast while as you progress to gba and nds they will gradually decrease in speed.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky: I am having trouble saving the game on NO$GBA. Everytime I try to save it says,"Save Failed." How do I fix this?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
But DeSmuME doesn't have the cheat system in it.

Edit: Also this makes the sound lag badly.

Last edited:

Shawk

Smexy
Years
I downloaded Heart Gold with a semi english patch to play on my NO$GBA 2.6a. I'm learning how to RNG Abuse in it, and to do that, I need save states. However, whenever I make a save state and try to load it, it says either "The rom-image has crashed." or "Undefined opcode - with no debug vector defined." and my game crashes. Usually the second one. Is there anyway to fix this so I can use save states?

I can't use Desmume either, too slow and no cheats. xP

Back