• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Legendary Falchion - Fire Emblem Fan Club

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I've already Second Sealed most of my army at least once each, some twice. When I started this playthrough and started pairing up my units, I just went by personality rather than min-maxing skills. By doing this, have I screwed myself out of being able to do the Apotheosis secret battles, or could I still salvage my team?

You should be fine for the story and a good chunk of DLC if you've second seal'd them a few times and they're level 20. You only need to worry about cap'd stats for later DLC's and Apotheosis.

And don't worry--I decide my pairing by what the child's hair color will be. XD That being said, I still beat both routes of Apotheosis. My point being, you don't need to worry about having the absolute best pairings to beat the final DLC.

Nakala Pri

I lost Awakening! O.O I can't find it! D: Now I can't marry Chrom and have one ugly-ish child (Morgan, duh!) xD and have a beautiful-ish one. ;c It's so heartbreaking! D:

As soon as I get hands on it I'm gonna play and marry Chrom, before Sumia and Cordelia have a catfight. xD

Nakala Pri

Trust me, Male Morgan get's tiresome with that face. D: I had half a mind to be a guy so I could be a pretty Morgan...

Waaaaaait, that's a thought! :D I be a dreamy guy called Nathan, marry Cordelia, have a beautiful child, be a Bow Knight and be AWESOME!! ^^

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I lost Awakening! O.O I can't find it! D: Now I can't marry Chrom and have one ugly-ish child (Morgan, duh!) xD and have a beautiful-ish one. ;c It's so heartbreaking! D:

As soon as I get hands on it I'm gonna play and marry Chrom, before Sumia and Cordelia have a catfight. xD

thats horrible! D: maybe its in another games box. try to look at the box of the game that is inserted in your 3ds. it happens to me a lot XD

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
You should be fine for the story and a good chunk of DLC if you've second seal'd them a few times and they're level 20. You only need to worry about cap'd stats for later DLC's and Apotheosis.

And don't worry--I decide my pairing by what the child's hair color will be. XD That being said, I still beat both routes of Apotheosis. My point being, you don't need to worry about having the absolute best pairings to beat the final DLC.
Ah that's good to know. I had heard some Apotheosis horror stories, so I'm super paranoid now about stuffing up before I even get up to it. I see where you're coming from though, Gaius' orange hair looks really terrible on most of the kids o_O Married him to Cherche and Gerome is acceptable with orange, but I had an orange Inigo before on my Normal playthrough and it was really really strange.

Despite all my Second Sealing and grinding I'm still not too far ahead of the enemies in terms of levels, they're still posing a decent challenge for the time being, mostly due to my demoting a lot of my units to pick up skills.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Ah, well, Apothesis is tough, but, there is a great way to beat the secret battles! What I've done is have DLC Katarina and DLC Ceclia have nothing but Rally abilities, with them re-classed to Pegasus Knights. That way my units will be submerged in a lot of +4 abilities in their stats, along side the stats they already gotten from their S-Class pairing up.

Of course there are classing of units I'd recommend for the map as well, but, having Rally bots is a good way, imo!

BTW, this is LGDArm - I had a name change. ^^

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Oh, that's an idea. It seems a little cheap for the regular story chapters, but for something like Apotheosis, nothing is out of the question.

Don't you have to beat Apotheosis in the first place to get Katarina though? Or is the bonus box Katarina just as good as the Einherjar one?

Been wondering about Rally, if you have two adjacent characters who both use the same Rally, like Rally Strength for example, do the nearby units get the buff twice, or just the first time?

Cool Cherche avatar is cool. :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh, that's an idea. It seems a little cheap for the regular story chapters, but for something like Apotheosis, nothing is out of the question.

Don't you have to beat Apotheosis in the first place to get Katarina though? Or is the bonus box Katarina just as good as the Einherjar one?

Been wondering about Rally, if you have two adjacent characters who both use the same Rally, like Rally Strength for example, do the nearby units get the buff twice, or just the first time?

Cool Cherche avatar is cool. :D

I've used it for the really hard DLC too. c:

And yes, I've used the bonus box Katarina for the first time around, and I had great success with it too! As for your question, you can't overlap the same type of Rally, meaning you can't get more powerup stats if you use Rally Strength more than once in the same turn, unfortunately. :c

But, on the bright side, there are other ways - You can have Rally Spectrum, and Rally Heart, which gives your units a stat boost on every stat. :3 You can top that off with any sort of Rally you'd like - Rally Magic, Rally Skill, Rally Strength; etc. I recommend using Rally Movement as well, since movement is absolutely lovely in Apothesis, as you'll find that a lot of enemies are stationed waaaay across the map from each other. ;o;

And thanks; I really love Cherche; she's pretty underated imo. <3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
And thanks; I really love Cherche; she's pretty underated imo. <3
Forget Cherche, what about Kellam? Everyone seems to forget that he actually exists despite having an excellent tactic of attacking enemies without going unnoticed. He also gave my Gerome good genes, so he doesn't die in one hit from archers.

Now, who was I talking about again?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I think Cherche is one of the most comical characters in the game. What's not to love about a girl riding a big dragon and wielding a massive hammer? She just screams anime absurdity.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years

Yes, to get DLC Katarina you have to beat "regular" Apotheosis but not "secret" Apotheosis. Also DLC Katarina is one of the best Rally bots in the game, as she is one of the few who can learn Rally Strength while being female. So yeah, DLC Katarina is better than bonus box Katarina.

Just in case someone might get confused, this is Barrage btw had a name change.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
I've always used Cherche as my wyvern rider simply because I'm a bit indifferent to Gerome. She can cook, sew, or burn you to cinders with her large scary dragon.

Wanted a break from Awakening, so started up Genealogy of the Holy War today for the first time. :D I love the bigger maps, really makes everything seem so much more epic. And now there's a whole new love system to wrap my head around. o_O

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
tumblr_mme0kfDjsD1rojbxfo1_500.jpg

I just...
I just find this funny cause thaaats' what Sacred Stones was about.. XD

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
Years
Old Hubba is a man who knows what he's talking about.

Genealogy is brutal! Chapter 1 is like the equivalent of like 5 Awakening chapters, size-wise, with just as many bosses. Loving the story though, feels very Fire Emblem 7 with an evil cult controlling things behind the scenes.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I just re-started Fire Emblem: Awakening and ironically I couldn't help but re-make my last character as well xD I wonder if I'll end up marrying Chrom again probably will

I know this question has been asked already when the group just existed but there are a bunch of new members so I'll ask again.

Who did you marry in your game in your first playthrough, second playthrough, third etc.?

Warship

異議あり!
Years
I just re-started Fire Emblem: Awakening and ironically I couldn't help but re-make my last character as well xD I wonder if I'll end up marrying Chrom again probably will

I know this question has been asked already when the group just existed but there are a bunch of new members so I'll ask again.

Who did you marry in your game in your first playthrough, second playthrough, third etc.?

considering i replayed awakening many times over since that question was asked im gonna answer again :D
i married lissa in my first playthrough, married lucina in my second and married chrom in my third. on my next playthrough im planning to marry emmeryn.

Back