• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacX

Shiny Hunter and Clay Sculptor
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Well, it's your first post, so okay.

Any glitches should be reported to zel by PM.
-Glitch answers-
1. That's not a glitch! It's you demonstrating what a cheater you are!
2. Well, I hadn't heard of that one, mainly because no one goes into Dark Cave! xD Well, thanks for that one.

=Questions Questions=
1. Why?

U can still see Ho-Oh. Because he doesnt disappear. Im just saying that IF u went and talk to it, that happens. Just thought it was funny thats all...*shurgs* And yeah I plan to PM them...nothing that wrong with just making a mention of it as a side note.

And I just answered why for the SHiny Trainer thing...>.> It be a nice lil extra. Can no one honestly say they DONT wanna battle trainers with SHinies?

Years
can you climb waterfalls with seakings waterfall because I am going to get one if possible. havent tested It and running out of things to do on the newest beta, OH NO!!!!:shocked:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
U can still see Ho-Oh. Because he doesnt disappear. Im just saying that IF u went and talk to it, that happens. Just thought it was funny thats all...*shurgs*

And I just answered why for the SHiny Trainer thing...>.>

Hmm... so zel must of forgotten a warp for Ho-oh, he should check that out once comes back.

What do you mean by Shiny Trainers?

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
U can still see Ho-Oh. Because he doesnt disappear. Im just saying that IF u went and talk to it, that happens. Just thought it was funny thats all...*shurgs*

And I just answered why for the SHiny Trainer thing...>.>

1. Oh... well... see I don't catch legendaries, so I wouldn't know if Ho-Oh warped and was still visible on screen o.o;
2. Well that battle kinda seems like a un-realistic fantasy to me...

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Hey, I know it seems a bit unrealistic or whatever, but I agree with MacX, that would be pretty cool to verse a trainer that has like normally strong pokemon, then hes like, hmm think your good how about you try my ultimate pokemon, goooo *throws ball* lugiaaaaa

sorry i got a bit sidetracked, but I reckon that would be pretty fun to have one or a few legendaries, i only said the one since its a bit crazy to have like mew, mewtwo, lugia etc etc in one squad, even though many trainers like us on this board can do it :)

What is everyone doing in there games while they wait on the next version?
Have fun :)
Once again, well done Zel good work, wish you best of luck

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 16, 2008
Zel,you must add a flight position to Cherrygrove PC and Route 32 PC.I don't want to go there by go through Violet City.
And how are you coming to your game?Have you done the Elite Four and the Credit?
Anyway,good luck!

MacX

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Well bec it is sometimes crazy to see an Ultimate team like I mentioned as a regular trainer, that is why I suggest at Mt Silver OR in Battle Tower/Battle frontier (if Zel adds that)...where u CAN bring lv 100s. Im sure it wont be too hard to change the rules so that ANY Pokemon can battle (like it will in DP) and it would be a real challenge as well as enjoyable for all those who may complain that Em, FRLG, etc wont let them use those...Throw some trainers with non ubers Shiny Pokemon too if u want and let those "new trainers" be part of one of those extra hidden trainers

This would be great for Double Battles. Like someone with a Groundon and Kyogre (even if that combo isnt great). Or Mew and Mewtwo. Or whatever.

"I finally unlocked the secret to making these two coexist and now they will show you their combined power" for KyoGroundon
"It took me years but I was able to clone a shiny Mewtwo out of the Shiny Mew I caught."
"At long last these two are reunited after the tragedy that happen decades ago..." for Lugia/HoOH
"I befriended these siblings on ____ island (wherever it was in the movie Ash found them)" for Latias/Latios
"I had to withstand the test of time to acquire these two..." for Jirachi and Celebi

Last edited:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Well bec it is sometimes crazy to see an Ultimate team like I mentioned as a regular trainer, that is why I suggest at Mt Silver OR in Battle Tower/Battle frontier (if Zel adds that)...where u CAN bring lv 100s. Im sure it wont be too hard to change the rules so that ANY Pokemon can battle (like it will in DP) and it would be a real challenge as well as enjoyable for all those who may complain that Em, FRLG, etc wont let them use those...Throw some trainers with non ubers Shiny Pokemon too if u want and let those "new trainers" be part of one of those extra hidden trainers

This would be great for Double Battles. Like someone with a Groundon and Kyogre (even if that combo isnt great). Or Mew and Mewtwo. These MYTH/Uber trainers can have an intro like for example: "I finally unlocked the secret to making these two coexist and now these Shinies will show you their combined power" or "It took me years but I was soon able to clone a shiny Mewtwo out of the Shiny Mew I caught."

Arent we getting a little head of selfs, dont forget, zel also made Shiny Gold X, sounds like to me, you really want a challenge that badly, then maybe SGX is for you, cause in that version all the trainer's pokemon are pumped up, so for extra means of training a lot more, and imagine in end how powerful they will be. If zel could figure out how to script a shiny event, especially for the gyarados, im sure he would be more then happy to put at least one shiny in a trainer for anyone to battle, but we got to remember, the shiny script in trainers are different then the wild.

EDIT: Since you could own all the legendaries in the hack, I think it would make sense for zel not to have any trainer own legendary pokemon for double battles. -_-; (Though Maybe Battle tower trainers?)
Otherwise he do whatever he *wants*

Last edited:

MacX

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2015
Arent we getting a little head of selfs, dont forget, zel also made Shiny Gold X, sounds like to me, you really want a challenge that badly, then maybe SGX is for you, cause in that version all the trainer's pokemon are pumped up, so for extra means of training a lot more, and imagine in end how powerful they will be. If zel could figure out how to script a shiny event, especially for the gyarados, im sure he would be more then happy to put at least one shiny in a trainer for anyone to battle, but we got to remember, the shiny script in trainers are different then the wild.

EDIT: Since you could own all the legendaries in the hack, I think it would make sense for zel not to have regular trainers own legendary pokemon for double battles. -_-; (Battle tower trainers?)
Otherwise he do whatever he *wants*

Actually I am playing the X version and that is what gave me the idea! :D But yeah just throwing some ideas in the air ya know? ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Hey for the legendary Dogs Plot Maybe you could make the three of them seperated like the 3 birds in FR/LG

For Locations

Suicune: Add a new deeper chamber to the Ice Cave. or in the tower where Ho-oh was like in Crystal.

Entei: A new deep chamber to one of the Ruins of Alph since Entei was connected to the unkown in Movie 3.

And Raikou somewhere on Victory Road.

And if you want to add an actual "story" plot to these.

Suicune: Copy Crystal's story.

Entei: A little girl went missing, you have to find her. When she's found she's held captive by entei. Defeat/Capture entei to save her.

Raikou: Two team rocket grunts head out to capture and use Raikou. You have to stop them.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, first, sorry for disappearing yesterday, but you'll know more about what I've been doing after I answer all of the following posts. Since they were quite a lot, I think I need to organize them...

First Thing - The Shiny Gyarados and others...

I wish there was some way to get S. Garydos in there though..
Zel, have you done anything to the trainer tower yet, cause if you havent good, there is pokemon in there that is shiny all the time, now if you could, you can look at its data, find the shiny flag, copy it and apply it to the gyrados.
The best thing I can think of for the Shiny Gyarados is to insert it under a new pokemon and repoint to all it's moves etc. It's not perfect but It'd work.
1. Once Zel figures out how to activate SHINY Pokemon, I think it would be good to have SHINY Trainers. I have a whole bunch in my sig (all legit) and thought it be cool to battle someone with strong SHinies in either the Battle Tower or some HIDDEN trainer at MT Silver or something. Although it would be cool if I could be some Legendary Shiny trainer, it doesnt have to be me and thought the idea of fighting ANY shiny trainers would be coool. How FRICKIN SWEET would it be to fight someone with a shiny team of ALL EVEELUTIONS, or Lugia, Groundon, Kyo, Ray, Mew, Mewtwo (I have the lv 100 stats too obviously)
Do you remember that the Shiny Gyarados thing is not my priority at the moment? I've been said a few times already about the Shiny trainers at the Tower, but, once again, battling a trainer and battling a pokemon is not the same thing, but... I just hope to be wrong...
But, one thing is sure... You are just mentioning "Data" as if things were so easy :P

Another thing I've just found is that there are more trainers to battle than PET (the program for trainer battle edition) says... (For example it seems the E4 guys have an update at their teams for a "second wave", and their teams don't show up in that program (so it'd mean that if I were to hex search them, I could edit a lot more stuff, maybe even I could reach those trainers with fixed shiny pokes and change them, and make them a part of the game, as "shiny trainers" important to the game) But, still, that's all I could do with them, since trainerbattle and pokebattles are different...

And we all know that... If everything fails, we can create a new poke to "make it look" like a Shiny Gyarados.

About the shiny script, at serebii forums, they have a hack walk through going. I just now remembered it, it got mostly ideas for hacks and how to get some of the scripting done faster. I dunno if it'll tell how to do it, i didn't read it all the way, but if it's in there it'll be worth reading a few pages.

If you happen to remember the link and you want to PM it to me, then I'd be grateful. If not, well, I'll need some time to have a look there (even though SF is pretty big...)

Second - Some Glitches and some known oddities...

Zel, is it normal that I can get Ho-oh right after obtaining the 4th badge?
this is strange
i don't recall ever meeting an igglybuff in there
-GLITCHES-
1. The Ho-Oh sprite doesnt disappear even after u beat it. AND if u use the WALK THRU WALL CODE and go up to it, a funny thing happens. HO OH will act as Nurse Joy and HEAL your POKEMON. Ahahaha man did I get a laugh outta that one! :p

2. The Dark Cave has ONE exit (near the top) which when u exit, u pop up on the upper floor of the PC in Violet Town.
Zel,you must add a flight position to Cherrygrove PC and Route 32 PC.I don't want to go there by go through Violet City.
About Ho-oh after 4th Badge, it's a glitch, that is fixed for B4.
Yes, you'll find Igglybuffs there, because I wanted to put one pre-evolved form quite early, and that was the least logical place. XD
I need to see what happens to me with Ho-oh, and I don't care about cheats, so I'll skip the other one. (About the 2. there's no way to reach that place normally in the released betas, you cheater! XP)
And, about the Cherrygrove & R32 Flying Posts, there'll be none there, what is so great about them, after all? O.o

Next - Music Changing...
Zel,you should change the music in the Lighthouse.The Safari zone music is better,it makes me even more excited for travelling;) .Can you import the surf music in RSE to SG?That's my favorite music,it's softly:).
One more thing,can you change the outside of Lighthouse?Its uncool,I think :)
I've got an idea with the music, personally I like the RSE battle sound in the Lighthouse, but you could try to get that also to be the normal trainer battle music in Kanto. That would be cool :)
You misunderstood me. I meant that the Lighthouse in Johto should keep that RSE battle music in the background, whilst the trainers there would have the FR default track playing during battle. Then in Kanto, any normal trainer battle should have the RSE track, too. In the original Gold it was the same IIRC, Kanto and Johto had different trainer battle music.

Well, Green Charizard has told me he could teach me to add music... But for now it's not a priority, so deal with the exsiting music (I can put whatever already exists in the game if you want). After I do a bit more of work I should start changing some tracks...
But most likely, they should be mainly Gold tracks, and not advanced gen music.

martijn: Well, the music for the trainers is quite fixed in the game, mainly all the trainers has just one track for when you battle them, that's the same for wild pokemon, leaders and the E4 guys have their own (the same for both of them), and the Champion has its own (that's why whenever you classify a trainer as "Champion" it gets the champion's music track)
But of course I'm still learning a bit about how the game deals with music, I'm still not too confident in that department XD
But, I know that fixed pokemon battles (like the Gyarados, or Sudo) can change its battle music by modifying a value in the command involved for the battle, so I presume it could be similar, maybe, for trainerbattles.

And Closing Notes...

OK, I think I need to fix a few things about the game's ending, but I've finished the first half of Shiny Gold. (It's weird but the game sent me to Kanto's Pallet after restarting... T-T)
But... seeing as I've made the first half, I need to take a break for one/two weeks. Mainly because I've some exams coming by that time. And I don't want to overdo it as I did before.
That's why I'll be off till the next weekend, where I'll just show up to see what's going on, and maybe bring you a resume of the E4...

Meanwhile, the thread will be open, so keep it nice and free of spam (report to the mods if it's necessary), because I'm sure that when I return I'll have a lot of things to answer (I encourage the mods for keeping up their hard work, jojo!) Also, I'd like you to avoid sending unnecesary PMs, since I'll not be up to answer them during the time I'm studying.

That's all guys, till next weekend!

Years
....how is the one with Entei complicated?

Also, I kind of like those ideas, as they give an extra thing to look forwards to upon beating the game.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Thanks for your answer, zel ;) I saw something about 6-8 pages back about a new pallet/tileset for the game, is that going to be in, too?
And also, good job on getting at the half part of the game! You really deserve some time off, considering the time and effort you're putting into it :)

Years
take the time you need zel, you've done very much already.
It'll go as fast as it goes
Just to brag a little i don't need Zel to make the shiny Gyarados thing 'cause i caught a shiny Magikarp in Dark cave

Really? If so, your the first to catch a shiny in SG. Could you post a screeny?
If not, then your claims are inadequate, and therefore, not proven. :P

Anyway, Zel, you take all the time you need, (not too long, as it seems that people who make games/hacks tend to leave and never come back) But, I'm sure that wont happen with you, xD

Also, I wish you good luck on your exams, and hopefully, you will be back here to work on what you started. =)

vx4theflash

Let's play with my fire!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 16, 2008
Here is my idea,if there's no way to make Gyarados to be shiny:
Zel'll change Gyarados' sprite into a red one.And that red Gyarados will be the only one Gya in Shiny Gold :D.Of course when you trade it to FR or LG,it'll turn to a normal Gya :badsmile:.
Zel,good luck on your exams(I will have a test next week,so good luck to me :) )
One question:There are some headbutt trees which I can't headbutt,why?(I did exactly your headbutt walkthrough)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back