The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Old July 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
ƒin

Quite a lengthy title, I'm aware.
The world we live in consists of copious amounts of segregation, racism, judgement, favouritism, inequality and so on. You better believe that if you have an opinion, you're going to be judged on it, and others' reflection of yourself may change drastically, simply for your beliefs and passions.

If this was another planet, and humanity was a race so fond of subduing others, what beliefs, passions, and opinions would you stand for strongly in a public setting?
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Maybe the right of abstinence? I get judged heavily because none of my friends are virgins and I am, and they make fun of me for it sometimes. I have my reasons. Believe me, I've seen Teen Mom. I don't wanna be involved in any of that bullcrap.

Old July 29th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I stand for nothing that nobody else already stands for, and I don't stand up for much. At least I think I don't. But I don't mind if people judge me, there's no real reason to fear people judging you if you know why you stand for the things you do.
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Moogles
better than u
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
mens rights

I stand face in everybody and I don't care if I get judged anyways. If people choose not to be my friend because of it, then fine. I'm an opinionated person and I'm not going to change that just because some people might not like it. /shrug. Also I guess to completely answer it I'll say "Gay rights and Feminism".

Quote:
Honestly, Moogles, your posts are so nigh impossible to understand that I cannot help but just scratch my head. I know you’re trying to be clever and cute with your outright… pitiful writing style, but I’ll… try to tackle whatever drivel you said.
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

This is going to sound absolutely CRUEL but I don't care.

Sigh.

It's one of my "true but evil" beliefs.

Have you ever seen someone so absolutely mentally disfigured that they can't even **** by themselves?

How can they enjoy life? How are you giving them a good life by letting them sit in their own **** at age 15 and annoy other people (yes I know they can't help it, but c'mon. It IS annoying and sad when you hear a load OAAAHHH from across the supermarket) and drain your money?

In a way, I believe that keeping severely retarded individuals alive in a more vegetative than living state is cruel.

I'm not going to expand much on this.. But wouldn't it be better to rest in peace than be severely disabled?

Severely disabled peoples like that should be euthanized if the two parents consent.
Old July 29th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Product testing and/or hard labour and/or euthanasia on rapists and other high-security offenders (murderers, etc) proven guilty with hard evidence. Why do they get free food and shelter whilst good people suffer? Earn it through manual labour (like how everyone else works for a living) or choose death.
Old July 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I would stand up for truly impartial judgement in the legal system so my daughter's mom could stop trouncing me during all of our court dates by invoking guilt and pity. If she breaks into tears in the middle of a sentence while trying to get her grubby little hands on my pride and joy then it's all tissues and candy but when I do it I get a stern, unyielding look and uncomfortable silence.
Old July 30th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I would represent the power of Darkness! The blackening abyss that dwells deep within the hearts of mankind! The terror and despair that drags the human soul into the chasm of Hell itself! The wrath and fury that drives people to the brink of madness! Flames that consume and burn down EVERYTHING! THAT IS ME. I AM THE NIGHT! MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
I would represent the power of Darkness! The blackening abyss that dwells deep within the hearts of mankind! The terror and despair that drags the human soul into the chasm of Hell itself! The wrath and fury that drives people to the brink of madness! Flames that consume and burn down EVERYTHING! THAT IS ME. I AM THE NIGHT! MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!
So i'm going to edit an adorable chick in here to make you smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Witch View Post
I would stand up for truly impartial judgement in the legal system so my daughter's mom could stop trouncing me during all of our court dates by invoking guilt and pity. If she breaks into tears in the middle of a sentence while trying to get her grubby little hands on my pride and joy then it's all tissues and candy but when I do it I get a stern, unyielding look and uncomfortable silence.
Well that sucks. Gotta absolutely hate it when former partners can't even have the basic honour and decency to give you the right of something that is yours, instead trying to spite you. Wow you may hate me and that's fine but don't restrict me from my son/daughter because of it! My friend recently became a dad then had a nasty split with the 19 year old girlfriend (I think she was 19) and is now locked in a horrible custody battle against a terrible mother, the babies leg somehow broke when she was out partying. I think your want of true impartial justice is very admirable, moral of the story is don't have kids until the parents are mature and responsible, as well as pick your partner more carefully. All the best to you Sweets.

Now, what would I stand for? Give gay people their right to marriage in more countries so they can quit yapping about it, it doesn't affect me in any way but it'd be nice for people to have something that shows we're making more progress in terms of equality and building an open, acceptable society. I'd stand up for harsher punishment of hardcore criminals like Kura said, maybe then they'll get it through their thick skulls not to do it again! As it is now we're extremely soft and they know it. People make mistakes, others deliberately and maliciously abuse they system to cause evil all their lives.

Drug users and suppliers also piss me off, you could say the prohibition era showed you can't stop people doing what they want but if something is deemed illegal by society for a good reason we could do more to enforce it. Say a couple years of hard labour for taking drugs and 20 for any sort of supplying and I'd think we'd scare them off pretty quick. 5 million American dopeheads to rebuild infrastructure and serve the community or die basically, woo country fixed! It'd also fix Mexico and all of South America...

Insomniac, you know Winston Churchill wanted euthanasia of the "feeble minded"? I think it is also very cruel to keep them in existence, natural selection would have put them out of their misery long ago, voluntary euthanasia should be an option for people in too much pain to live or disabled to the point of not being able to do anything but vegetate in mental torture, if you have that capacity.

I can't think of too much more that would be controversial or risky to stand up for, equity, education, healthcare etc is too easy, maybe ban products like fast food and cigarettes? They openly take advantage of people and provide no benefit to them whatsoever. It'd take a great burden off the healthcare system. Disband the Republican party, conservatives are silly.

Last edited by Limerent; July 30th, 2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Paladin

You're right, OP.
We live in a world that has free speech across 65% of it. The catch? You'll be crucifixed if you have an opinion that doesn't agree with everybody else's, the media's, or what is decided as "Socially Correct".

Me personally? I'd stand for exactly the same things as I do now. Because I JDGAF about Society's Rules.
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Well i don't care about people judging me..i'll always stand for what i strongly believe in...i might be wrong if you proof otherwise... but somethings i know there are some right things for me and nothing ever can change em!!

Judge me but don't forget..nobody is perfect and so you are ;3

Old July 30th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Libra
I ain't insane, the world is just too serious...
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Arrow View Post
Well i don't care about people judging me..i'll always stand for what i strongly believe in...i might be wrong if you proof otherwise... but somethings i know there are some right things for me and nothing ever can change em!!

Judge me but don't forget..nobody is perfect and so you are ;3
Thats excactly like i am, i dont care what people think of me, i am who i am and they have to deal with it. I know by myself im not perfect at all (heck, no one is yet some believe so) and im a person that strongly holds on to the things i believe in, unless proven otherwise. I've been judged and bullied for stuff, yet i couldnt care less.

Paired to Éclair
Sig by Aquacorde
Mental Omega record
StarCraft II record
VM/PM me
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Veteran, Oracle, Harbinger

Nature: Quiet
If anything I stand for people being allowed to do whatever the hell they want as long as they do not try to limit anyone else's personal freedom now.

Not sure if that is a commonly held belief though but regardless that would be what I believe in if I was ever asked what I stood for.

Hmph, have you begun to understand pain?
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:49 PM
BubbleBeams
Defeating Champions Since 1999

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to BubbleBeams
I am very passionate about rights for the LGBTQ community and feminism. I feel very strongly about rape culture as well and have no problem calling out rape apologists.

I'm also a firm believer in allowing consenting adults to do as they please so long as they are not infringing on others' rights or harming other people. This includes strong support for legalizing marijuana (and other somewhat minor drugs.. not harder drugs like meth or heroine). And honestly, I don't really see a valid argument against polygamy/open relationships as long as all involved are aware and okay with it.

I also strongly support the "dying with dignity" concept. Being able to ask a doctor peacefully euthanize you if you have a terminal illness or debilitating disease and you don't want to suffer through it.

&
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Ground
LeafGreen (8/8)|HeartGold (0/16)|Emerald (8/8)|Platinum (5/8)|White 2 (0/8)

Paired with ShadowExcadrill
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:57 PM
ShinyXander

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBeams View Post
I'm also a firm believer in allowing consenting adults to do as they please so long as they are not infringing on others' rights or harming other people.
I'm with you there. Things like minor drugs, and I'll even give you polygamy, have no real valid arguments against. They do not harm anyone else, they simply fall out of "personal values" of others. I don't see why one's personal values should have an affect on another person's private life. The same thing applies to same-sex marriage and many other "controversial" topics.

Check me out on my new Twitter and YouTube!
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:29 PM
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Product testing and/or hard labour and/or euthanasia on rapists and other high-security offenders (murderers, etc) proven guilty with hard evidence. Why do they get free food and shelter whilst good people suffer? Earn it through manual labour (like how everyone else works for a living) or choose death.
I am in full support of this, particularly the product testing and labor bits. Not only does it put prisoners to work while they get their furnishings and meals (meaning all the money utterly wasted on prison systems, especially in the US, would actually be put to good use), but for those who get released, it would help in reintegrating them into society.

They likely wouldn't have a good reason to go back to crime (namely robbery), as prison gave them the necessary experience for at least work in menial labor, if not many other possible fields that can be taught while in a government-funded facility.
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:54 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I think on a more cultural level I would stand for independence, originality and respect.
The only thing stopping me now is motivation.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Esper

I don't support the death penalty (that is, governments killing people), but I have no problem with the idea of rape victims hunting down and killing their rapists.

I think most punishments for crimes should be ones that keep someone from committing those crimes again. So, like, people who scam and embezzle should have to give up 99% of all their money. I wish there were more unusual (but not cruel) and fitting punishments for people who willfully harm others.

deviantart blog pair
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
equality.

and none of that "we're gonna let you get asdf! because we're liberal!" bs.

real equality. like, "we all have equal status" equality. Because believe it or not even the "liberals" are prejudiced, just towards the other side (I've learned that the hard way they say they accept anyone but in fact they only accept other liberals)

Old August 1st, 2013, 12:25 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

Animal Welfare and stuff like that, honestly a lot of people I think tend to judge others for standing up that kinda stuff.
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Elimination of discrimination. We are all humans and just because someone is of a different race doesn't mean the dominant race has to treat them different.
Fairy
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Ozymandias
we're just two lost souls
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
Animal Welfare and stuff like that, honestly a lot of people I think tend to judge others for standing up that kinda stuff.
Tryna take away my hunting and fishing rights...? lool jk

Buuut anyways something i would stand up for....

Don't really stand for much... I might think of something later but idk XD
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:36 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant
I am afraid to state mine, it is more of a personal bias than anything, so I reserve the chance to defend this position or advocate it in the discussions since I don't really think I am completely justified in my thought process regarding certain aspects of the issue, but I know for a fact that both sides of the ideological aisles could very well be up in arms with my personal sentiments. Without further ado...click if you dare listen to my rant of what I WOULD stand up for, of which I should have proof read.
Spoiler:

I hold the personal conviction that LGBT individuals should be encourage to assimilate into the the dominant culture and the ideals that it holds. It's not to say LGBT individuals are the only membership to exhibit deviation from the dominant culture, we have all watched the Jersey Shore and multitude of crap reality tv as well as our personal experiences to affirm this, generally, young populations are more divergent from the past generation, its culture, and ideas, recently than it has this group has in the recent past. However, the representation is disproportionately lower of LGBT individuals that are involved in strict monogamy, non-club scene, drug-free, ect than compared to heterosexual youths. This difference persists with each age groups, perhaps more disproportionately with age. Some major reasons being, family rejection of their LGBT children, restrictive public policy (DOMA, DADT, State Anti-Gay Marriage Bans, Ect), and an overall negative interaction with those who are in the dominant culture which tends to direct LGBT youth away from the dominant culture in order to "santize" it from impurity. There needs to be an integration of the "gay world" with the "straight world". Like racial minorities, LGBT communities are becoming more prevalent and sanctioned off, establishing a divisive culture where one kind lives here, while the rest do not.

As I said, the personal bias comes into play given that it is extremely difficult for myself to attain certain goals as far as my personal life goes since a few standards, such as illicit drug-free lifestyle, employment/education, personal financial responsibility, and a strict desire to adhere to monogamy completely filters out at least 90%+ of potential dates. And those, that have a genuine goal to have a family, including children, in the future, usually this is the final nail in the coffin. Not to mention, on the several dates I have been on (not that many as of recently due to general pessimism), my dates are often expecting more than I am willing to give on a first date, or even a second, third, or fourth...I simply refuse to concede on any of the standards either and for that reason, I have not been in a relationship of any kind in...wow, it's exactly 3 years this month. Heck, these are just prerequisites! and, I honestly don't think they are that unreasonable.

Beyond my own sentiments, I believe that the LGBT community would be more satisfied in life if they were able to have the things aforementioned, that are expected and revered by the dominant culture and further accepted by the dominant culture. Though, I see great optimism in the change in the public's attitude and public policy regarding the LGBT community, I wonder if it's too little too late for those of us already exposed to ill will. Also, I fail to understand why "conservatives" often push for the two cultures to be distinct, that is to say, if the LGBT culture must exist at all, often pushing for policy that limit integration or acknowledgement of the LGBT culture. While, "liberals" often ascertain that there is no issues regarding the demographic of the LGBT community while clear statistical data shows a significantly higher prevalence of substance abuse, drug abuse, unsafe sex, non-monogamous relationship legally recognized, or lack of desire for marriage and/or raising children in comparison to their heterosexual counterparts statistically speaking. Though, these groups goals are to advocate public policy to extend rights, which in actuality ignores many vital concerns. These issues, given they are the foundation upon which the divergence of cultures exists, also plays a role in thwarting integration of LGBT communities into the dominant culture; of which, non integration into this culture often leads to a lack fulfillment in life and/or alienation from the entirety of society.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)

Last edited by The Dark Avenger; August 1st, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links