• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
This is a dump question I know but I have to ask. Ever since I switched to a more estrogen died. (Food with soy and estrogen) My body has changed. Like its becoming more feminine without medication. Even in the chest area. Jw if if this is just me or if it happens to all.

Years
This is a dump question I know but I have to ask. Ever since I switched to a more estrogen died. (Food with soy and estrogen) My body has changed. Like its becoming more feminine without medication. Even in the chest area. Jw if if this is just me or if it happens to all.
Well, not knowing how old you are (and you don't have to share if you don't want to) it could just be a matter of puberty. It's fairly common to develop a little more tissue in the chest area for anyone regardless of their sex.

Changing diets in general can change your body. Hair growth and body odor, I believe, are things you might notice change.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Scarf, @your vid: Just shows how anti-gay views in parents filter into the child. Ever heard the phrase "hate breeds hate?" Well, that's a prime example right there. I, myself, grew up in accepting households, knowing I'd be accepted no matter what. So, I think as far as laws against gay marriage, well they show that whoever made those laws does NOT accept people for who they are, and likely grew up in a household as such. Point and case: most people who are not accepting of certain people were in some sort of environment that influenced such.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
^"Hate breeds hate"
The majority of the westburo baptist church has to go under that motto. All of the kids are forced into it, and only like two of them have made sense and escaped the wrath.

Railgun

Years
Well, not knowing how old you are (and you don't have to share if you don't want to) it could just be a matter of puberty. It's fairly common to develop a little more tissue in the chest area for anyone regardless of their sex.

Changing diets in general can change your body. Hair growth and body odor, I believe, are things you might notice change.

oh thanks that helps :) Was not sure

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
Years

Some 14-year old girl wants her state of Maryland to ban gay marriage... as a birthday present for her. She's worried about the government being able to change the meaning of words, how sad it is for kids with gay parents, etc. etc. blah blah blah.
this is so stupid. the legalization of gay marriage will not affect her in any way unless she herself gets one. furthermore, exactly what "experience" are the children of homosexual couples missing that children of heterosexual couples apparently have?
also, i am raging because the reporters are reinforcing her skewed views. hate indeed breeds hate, as deoxys121 put it.

oh well. at least i know my 12 year-old little sister knows better.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

It depends how you look at what the word "gay" means. It could mean:

1.) Someone who would potentially have homosexual relationships or sex.
2.) Someone who does have homosexual relationships or sex.

I was referring to the second; what you call "doing gay things". Doing gay things is a choice. Is it then acceptable that people should say you can do the first but not the second? If you're basing acceptance of actions completely upon whether they're a choice or not, then that means it's okay to be gay (the first option) in principle but not to act upon your feelings and attractions and urges. Let's ignore how similar this is to "love the sinner, hate the sin", which you said you were against.

I never said I was basing acceptance on whether or not it's a choice - as you said, I am vehemently against 'love the sinner, hate the sin'. I wasn't really talking about acceptance at all; I was just arguing a semantic point lol. This debate has become something so removed from what it was originally about that I don't even understand what the hell we're talking about anymore lmao - I read your post about seven times and I'm still staring at it, not fully comprehending :P.

In any case, I can't help but feel that the simple concept of 'sexual orientation is not a choice" is being buried under political correctness and unnecessary complication. The simple statement of 'it's not a choice' is not at all a judgment call on whether or not it should be accepted even if it were :/

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I had burst into tears by page 3. I seriously never cry, but I feel like I'm in this LGBT hive-mind where everything painful and LGBT-related makes me cry like a little ***** lol.

Anyway, how many more parents have to find their kids hanging in their rooms or with their brains over the bathroom wall before this is fixed? How many is enough?

EDIT: I had another thought on this. The article talks about the kids themselves who were the victims of bullying and about their parents, but nothing much is said about the bullies themselves. There are real kids out there who are directly responsible for the deaths of these LGBT teens. I want to know more about them. I want to know if they care. I want to know if this affects them at all. I want to know how they can live with themselves knowing that they're the reason someone else is dead; and most importantly I want to be the one to look them directly in the eye and ask them these questions.

Last edited:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I don't even know what to say, other than that makes me sick, not to mention the painful memories it brings up. I just...don't know what else to say.

Years
I never said I was basing acceptance on whether or not it's a choice - as you said, I am vehemently against 'love the sinner, hate the sin'. I wasn't really talking about acceptance at all; I was just arguing a semantic point lol. This debate has become something so removed from what it was originally about that I don't even understand what the hell we're talking about anymore lmao - I read your post about seven times and I'm still staring at it, not fully comprehending :P.

In any case, I can't help but feel that the simple concept of 'sexual orientation is not a choice" is being buried under political correctness and unnecessary complication. The simple statement of 'it's not a choice' is not at all a judgment call on whether or not it should be accepted even if it were :/
The point is that when you say "it's not a choice" you're unconsciously saying that if it were a choice it wouldn't be acceptable. To some degree that marginalizes people who are trans, bi, genderqueer or just questioning. What we should be saying is "It doesn't matter if it's a choice or not. There's nothing wrong with it."

This article was published yesterday and I wanted to share it. It's a hard read but worth it.
Every time I read about that school district and what happened there I rage, and loose hope, and rage more. I've read a lot about it so a lot of it wasn't new to me, but when I read that Justin's little brother tried to commit suicide I started bawling. And then I couldn't help but think back on my time in high school and my suicide attempt. It makes me remember the girls I knew who'd cut themselves and the boy in my old junior high who shot himself and all these other awful things.

I'm glad there are GSAs in those schools now. I can't think of a place that needs them more. I'm still angry that teachers were so slow to speak up. I know that might be being too harsh on them - I don't know how educated they are on bullying and LGBT issues - but when kids started committing suicide they should have said something. But I'm glad there are teachers supporting the clubs.

What makes me rage so much that I can barely speak are those groups like the Minnesota Family Council who say it's everyone's fault but the bullies and anti-gay groups. I'm all for trying to educate people, how do you even start dialogue with someone like that? I despair at the thought that you can't get them to reason even a tiny fraction. I can imagine myself trying to and getting so frustrated by their willful stupidity that I start punching them! I mean, what can you do to get through to them?

And those bullies themselves - where the #$*& do they learn to treat anyone like that?

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Hello there and welcome! Did you wish to join the group?

man wow sorry i've been mia for the last short lifetime.
yes i would like to hehehe. i just didnt know how to go about asking.

but yeah, lurking here led me to the article on the rolling stone that was linked, and i gotta say

"school officials usually told her to ignore it"

this part made me... more angry than necessary probably? i didnt come out when i was in school, but i was bullied regardless. and every time they mentioned something or used a slur, i was told to ~just ignore it~. do people honestly not realise how difficult that is? especially for a kid with no self-esteem or any real friends in general. looking back now, i applaud myself for even reaching 18 years old.
anyone who tells another kid to ignore any insult just, to me, seems like they don't know a thing about bullying or the effects it can have on someone.
i feel gross because i feel like i've somehow made this about me, but i'm just saying, that it's so horrible to be told to just ignore something that's OBVIOUSLY causing you extreme distress.
i got told to ignore everything anyone said, and i did, but it didn't do anything.you're still hearing what they're saying, it's still getting to you, you can't pretend not to hear some words that are used.

just
i'm going around in circles, but i'm just so goddamn mad that people can just seem to brush something like this off with 'just ignore it' just
aUUUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!

(ps. this is me 100% buttpained and i haven't even read the full thing.

Years
Don't worry about making it all about you. We all do that. That's part of what this club is for.

Oh, and in all of my rage I forgot to post what I came to post in the first place.

First, good news: WashingtonState (that's state, not D.C., Andy) is halfway to having legal gay marriage after its senate approved a bill. The other half, the house, is said to be behind it and so is the governor.

Now, the bad news: New York City is a crappy place to be if you're trans, as if backed up by some lawsuits against its police which describe how trans people get harassed, unnecessarily searched, and kept locked up in either painful positions or with people of the wrong gender. Don't have a primary source for this, but one of the blogs I read has some info on it. (Potential language warning. They sometimes use it there.)

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
oh that's good ha ha. i thought i was just being vain. maybe i'm just paranoid?? pft.

and that's good!!! really good. although i guess i still have the naive standpoint of 'i don't honestly see why it needs to be legalised' but you know. ha ha.

also that article almost had me in tears.
well i say almost.
i think the part they were constantly asked about what is or isn't in their pants got me most. i find it insensitive and horrible and...... anyone who asks that usually deserves more of a beatdown than anyone UGH.
out of curiosity or not it's just... you don't ask anyone that!!!!

and not only that
but chaining anyone to anything
i felt like i was reading about a bloody feral species of animal, not human beings?? just so rude i honestly can't begin to sdfkjlsgksg0flf

vomits

and what's worse for me is! i really like new york! well, i like the idea of it, and i want to go there one day! but after reading that, i feel kind of sick. and scared.
and i'm confused, because i dont see why anyone should be allowed to treat anyone like that just because they're a little different from them. especially someone with power like a police officer. pretty sure kids look up to people like police officers. i know i did.

Railgun

Years
That's news to me. I ended up with Ashley in Mass Effect, even though I was equally friendly with everyone, and I didn't know you could even have relationships in the others.

You ended up with me in...ohh nvm XD

I love ME. spend all of spring break last year playing the second one. Its an interesting game for those who don't know. Its like Halo mixed with RPG mixed with Persona and Multiple choices. But this new news is quite interesting.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
One thing about me and why I haven't discussed much on the topics here:
I don't care about the banning of gay marriage. I honestly don't need a ceremony or a piece of paper telling me that I'm in love with the man I go to bed with every evening. It's not about the principle to me, either. I would consider that man my husband regardless.
I don't care about the hatred towards gays. I simply just really don't care. Hate me all you want, I was raised to love all, and will love you. Take away all the rights I have, I will still find a reason to smile about everyday I live.

But one thing you don't do, is mess with the kids. Gay, bisexual, transgender, or straight, you don't mess with kids. You don't use them for political weaponry, you don't bully them, and you certainly don't ignore them. I hate it when I see a pro-gay ad featuring a child saying some crap like, "Why can't my two mommies get married?", or and anti-gay ad saying, "Don't let me grow up confused as to who I'm supposed to love."
This isn't their fight. Not in the least. They're right, kids look up to adults for guidance, they look up to adults for inspiration, and they will do anything for us because they love us. So why do people make them fight for us? Why go on live TV and tell your daughter to ask Michelle-what's-her-face, "Why can't my mommies marry?" Why couldn't you ask her that yourself? Why force your child to go on an anti-gay ad? Are you too afraid to say it?

So basically, leave the kids out of it. Teach them right from wrong. Bullying of ANY kind is horrible, and should not be tolerated.

...I actually teared up. It's so unlike me being this angry. I just hate it when people use innocent children and force them to do this crap they don't understand, just so adults can win a petty argument.

Didn't mean to go off like that, sorry. ; ;"

Railgun

Years
I don't care about the banning of gay marriage. I honestly don't need a ceremony or a piece of paper telling me that I'm in love with the man I go to bed with every evening."

Exactly. I don't plan to get married but I do plan to be in a relationship. Marriage is something I know I can't handle and by that I mean the ceremony itself. I'd rather use the money to spend on a trip with the person I love.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Exactly. I don't plan to get married but I do plan to be in a relationship. Marriage is something I know I can't handle and by that I mean the ceremony itself. I'd rather use the money to spend on a trip with the person I love.
I mean, I would LIKE to have the ceremony and all, but I don't need it. I can live happily without it as long as I'm with the man of my dreams. But a nice trip to Italy or Spain sounds fabulous. <3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't care about the banning of gay marriage. I honestly don't need a ceremony or a piece of paper telling me that I'm in love with the man I go to bed with every evening. It's not about the principle to me, either. I would consider that man my husband regardless.
I don't care about the hatred towards gays. I simply just really don't care. Hate me all you want, I was raised to love all, and will love you. Take away all the rights I have, I will still find a reason to smile about everyday I live.

I understand where you're coming from and there are even people that can easily get married that choose not to for those reasons. It's unfortunate that so many legalities are tied to marriage, at least in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights...ages_in_the_United_States#Rights_and_benefits

Back