The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old June 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Migrating Mews
Mew Master

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks for the tutorial. It will help me with my GBA Hack.

Name: PKMN Trainer Chris
Friend Code: 3825-7822-4983

PM, VM or Comment on my thread when you are ready to battle me! I'm always ready!

Blazing Victories League Trainer Card
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:00 PM
PokemonPurple
Beginning Trainer

Yesssss oh my God, THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH. I can't express how happy I am right now. THANK YOUUUU <3
Old July 6th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Beebeeson
A wild Beebeeson appeared!

Nature: Quirky
I've followed the tutorial to the dot, but for some reason, when I try to get the image in unlz, all I get is a pixellated box (see attachment). Why is this happening? Is the rom corrupt or something?

[edit]
Nevermind, I dumped a fresh rom and the problem was solved. Also, someone had a problem with an image not being indexed? I had this problem also, it's because you have to go into IMAGE TABLE and select GRAYSCALE there, do not select grayscale from the drop down menu.
Attached Images
File Type: png pkmn.png‎ (1.5 KB, 96 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Beebeeson; July 6th, 2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: problem solved :3
Old July 5th, 2013, 04:04 AM
kelewele_

i know this is preeeety late bt can someone explain how to move the fire red logo to the middle of the screen, like the zircon with the beach and stuff

i managed to move it by using photoshop and moving the logo text to the bottom instead of the right (like in the tutorial) and using that to change both the logo and the raw file to fit that format... that works fine bt has a few bits of glitchy crap bits at the bottom... can someone help me fix this >.<
Attached Images
File Type: png !!final logo test - grayscale.png‎ (9.4 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png screenshot.PNG‎ (16.7 KB, 11 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by kelewele_; July 5th, 2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old July 5th, 2013, 04:45 AM
xGal
Playing some ESL

Nature: Bold
Great, thanks!

I'd like to know how did you make the "logo" text style (Pokémon Zircon Version).

Also, if you ever wanted to make a ROM hacking tool, click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334348
Old July 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
For those who are wondering where the FireRed logo is in the Hacked UNLZ-gba, it's at 2004. Click on 256 color mode and hit the plus button until the logo shows as normal. I feel like this is necessary to point out because some people don't know where it is (I just found it today tbh). Hope it helps.

Old July 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Superemon
EmDee

Is it possible to view the Logo "Pokemon" at the Top middle, instead of Top Left? like the Emerald Title?
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:00 PM
DarkSerenity
Kari-Chan

Is there a way to do this without using Photoshop?
Old April 14th, 2014, 11:21 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSerenity View Post
Is there a way to do this without using Photoshop? :)
I'm pretty sure you can use any image editing program that can view an image in 256 colours and can import a .pal file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superemon View Post
Is it possible to view the Logo "Pokemon" at the Top middle, instead of Top Left? like the Emerald Title?
Just open the text tile map in an editor, I use NTME, and move it into the centre.
Old April 15th, 2014, 03:10 AM
DarkSerenity
Kari-Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinx View Post
I'm pretty sure you can use any image editing program that can view an image in 256 colours and can import a .pal file.

Just open the text tile map in an editor, I use NTME, and move it into the centre.
Yeah, I thought that Thank you!
Old April 17th, 2014, 11:43 AM
wael96

Thanks for the tutorial,by the way :"where is raw number of the Emerald's titlescreen Logo"? I can't find it at unlz
Old May 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM
parth9
God is busy...May i help you

Nature: Lonely
1 question....this is not a part of the tutorial but can u say how did u kept that press start 2009 thing.....or did u kept it along with the background?
Old May 23rd, 2014, 08:44 PM
MrAnimeAMVmaker

Nature: Calm
I doesn't work so can someone please make me a Pokemon Cold Blue Version Title, I have the background and the blastoise but I need to change the title.
It said not indexed when I followed what you did and when I indexed it, It glitched up my game luckly It was a copy and not the real game otherwise I would have had to restart 6 months of hacking.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links