The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 06:48 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I believe they will, sure. There are Pokémon out there many of us feel that deserve an evolution (or pre-evo), and it'd definitely be satisfying if they were to introduce something for them, aha. Off top of my head, I'd say I would really like to see an evolution for Skarmory. Although it's already pretty good on its own, it mostly plays defensively; once it evolves, perhaps it could gain a bit of decrease in defenses and get boost in Speed and Attack, so that we would be able to utilize this Pokémon as sweeper and whatnot. It's already got access to a bunch of good moves in its arsenal, I believe, so we likely wouldn't have to worry much in terms of that, hopefully.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 01:50 AM
Snubbull

Nature: Jolly
I'm hoping normal evolutions aren't a thing of the past, but by the way things look, it seems every single pokemon will have their own mega evolution before the games all die out

♡ Signature by: Aquacorde
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:53 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Better with Megas than no evos, I say!

I don't think we'll be seeing any more prevos though.

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:34 PM
Wiicked
Better wake up early!

Nature: Quirky
I really hope we still see some normal evolutions instead of just all Megas for those that
don't have three stages. Megas are cool with me, but I don't want regular evolutions to suddenly cease. I guess since we got Sylveon there is still some hope, but then again, they can't really give the Eeveelutions all Megas because that would be overkill. That, and it was an easy way to introduce the Fairy-type.
Note: if you think any of these information are spoilers then I implore
you to reconsider your life choices.

Moderator of Pokémon Clubs
Owner of the Fire and Poison-type Clubs
WickeDex! Pokédex Completion Journey
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 08:12 AM
MorallyIncorrect
Hey man, I'm bumping bleedo

You would think they'd introduce some more evolutions. They allow for a lot more creativity than mega evolutions.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 11:22 PM
Zeria
unlucky
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeria
Some cynics would argue that's precisely why they aren't introducing more evolutions! xD;

I'd like to see some more evos and pre-evos, though...they add fresh character to old favourites. I'd also like to see some more variations on existing Pokemon - either in gender differences like Meowstik (still waiting on male Jynx and Mrs. Mime here!) or through alternate forms - for the same reason. New Pokemon are great, but it's nicer when one generation has ties to the previous ones...it feels more complete that way; more natural. At least to me. That was one of the reasons I didn't get along with Black as well as I might have otherwise.

...I can't wait to see Mega Wobbuffet, though. Or Mega Spiritomb. Ahahaha.

“Whatever the game, you must have a mind for strategy. This will allow you to increase your odds of winning.
However, the exciting part about gambling is that there is a power which can overwhelm any strategy. That power is...luck.

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:42 AM
RivalGator
I hate them all.

Nature: Adamant
I would like to see more than evolution type things. I would like to see more items and things to do with Pokemon... I'm not a huge fan of worrying about how much it evolves, I guess. It no longer impresses me after a while.

...Although I would love to see a Mega Weavile.

"Ah, the past... The only thing dead that smells good."
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 05:50 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeria View Post
...I can't wait to see Mega Wobbuffet, though. Or Mega Spiritomb. Ahahaha.
Spiritomb no longer has the can't-touch-me feel thanks to fairy-types coming into existence (I hope I'm not wrong), so I don't believe them introducing a mega-evolution for the Pokémon at this time won't be much of an unwise choice. I'm pretty interested in how it could possibly look! Perhaps it could have more of gas surrounding its body, having it look bulkier and whatnot?
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 08:48 PM
Wiicked
Better wake up early!

Mega Weavile would be pretty cool, thought Weavile itself is already quite good. And Mega Wobbuffett...there are no words.

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 11:12 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Mega Weavile actually seems like a good idea, and is one of the Pokemon I'm surprised they haven't jumped on yet. I would've gladly taken that over Mega Glalie, though I understand that they wanted to introduce more Hoenn megas first with ORAS coming out.

And I'd be curious to see how they do a Mega Wobbuffet. I'm not into competitive battling, so I don't know what stat boosts/abilities it could benefit from, but off the top of my head, I can't think of too many upgrades for it with a limited movepool like that.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 08:24 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Wow. As Sneasel and Weavile are some of my all favorite pokemon ever, I would be absolutely thrilled to see Mega Weavile. However, I would also be terrified if they made it look hopelessly cartoonish or robotic. But that would be hard to do with such a sleek original design :3

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:16 AM
Zeria
unlucky
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeria
I would imagine Mega Weavile getting...spikier. Or maybe with a bit more decoration to its crest. For some reason, I think it'd look a lot like Super Silver the Hedgehog...only black. I have a terrible imagination sometimes. xD

I wonder what Mega Castform would look like...would it still change form depending on the weather, or would it stay stuck in normal form and get boosted stats to compensate? I've always thought Castform had a lot of wasted potential; a Mega could unlock it and make it pretty viable...maybe.

“Whatever the game, you must have a mind for strategy. This will allow you to increase your odds of winning.
However, the exciting part about gambling is that there is a power which can overwhelm any strategy. That power is...luck.

Old 2 Weeks Ago, 02:22 PM
AlexAhnon
Ka ka.
Community Supporter

As long as they don't make new mega evolutions look like Mega Aerodactyl, I'm happy with whatever Pokémon they decide to give a mega to.
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 06:45 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

If they're able to base Mega-Weavile off some Sonic the Hedgehog character such as Super Silver, I don't believe it would be to bad; many of us would rather enjoy it, I'd imagine. If they would like things to be more precise, I feel Shadow would be a good option, too, especially they sort of share the same color-scheme (only difference is that Shadow's a little more dark).

Mega-Aerodactyl isn't so bad, but to me, it seems that they haven't put much thought into its stats and ability, sadly. Aerodactyl is overly-speedy, which is great, but its defenses don't allow it to endure much hits (same goes for its mega-form), causing it to get taken down as soon as it changes form. It would've been nice if they had allowed it to gain defensive boosts and endure few more attacks.
Old 1 Week Ago, 05:04 AM
Wiicked
Better wake up early!

So is there a true explanation for how the Dodos can fly? And don't say spinning heads and such.

Old 1 Week Ago, 12:49 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked3DS View Post
So is there a true explanation for how the Dodos can fly? And don't say spinning heads and such.
Oh, so you want the real explanantion, then. Here you go.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:10 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

I've always wondered how Rhyperior line could use Surf and whatnot. I understand that their family is based off rhinoceros, which has ability to swim, but since Rhyhorn, Rhydon, and Rhyperior are primarily rock-types, which causes them to be super-effective against water, it doesn't make too much sense to be swimming around from place to place without being worried in any way. If they were some other type--normal or steel, for example--I don't believe it would have been much of a huge deal then.

Also, another thing that tends to get to me every once in a while is encountering roaming fire-types while lurking in the sea. Entei is a good example; it's sort of strange to be running into the Pokémon while you're out surfing, trying to get somewhere. Moltres could be an exception, though, since it flies and doesn't make much contact with water.
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:17 PM
Orion Black

Nature: Relaxed
so I am looking for a shiny fennekin female I tried hatching via Masuda method and I got one male, it was rather tiresome considering I didn't wanna stop to try to get the hatching power though I had good friends lend me that power. I am willing to trade for a shiny fennekin, the rarest Pokemon I believe I own is a diancie seeing as the event is now over that is. If you are interested please message me here or kik @Orion_Black
I do have specifics I want for the shiny fen but like I said if you are interested lemme know and you will have the answer to the specs.

I hope to hear from someone soon plz and thank you for your time in reading this.
Old 1 Week Ago, 11:29 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Black View Post
so I am looking for a shiny fennekin female I tried hatching via Masuda method and I got one male, it was rather tiresome considering I didn't wanna stop to try to get the hatching power though I had good friends lend me that power. I am willing to trade for a shiny fennekin, the rarest Pokemon I believe I own is a diancie seeing as the event is now over that is. If you are interested please message me here or kik @Orion_Black
I do have specifics I want for the shiny fen but like I said if you are interested lemme know and you will have the answer to the specs.

I hope to hear from someone soon plz and thank you for your time in reading this.
Hi! You should try the section of PokeCommunity known as the Trade Corner instead. Read the rules there to know where to post, and hopefully someone will get to your request!
Old 1 Week Ago, 07:39 PM
Pendraflare
Megapede in the Shadows
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peitharchia View Post
Also, another thing that tends to get to me every once in a while is encountering roaming fire-types while lurking in the sea. Entei is a good example; it's sort of strange to be running into the Pokémon while you're out surfing, trying to get somewhere. Moltres could be an exception, though, since it flies and doesn't make much contact with water.
My guess is based on how Entei (and Raikou, for that matter) are beasts that can run fast, like other large four legged-beasts like tigers and jaguars, so I don't find it that unusual. Although you could question how they're standing on water...
Old 1 Week Ago, 06:37 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Raikou and Suicune would be able to swim their way, but I don't precisely believe Entei would be able to do such a thing, considering that it's fire-type and whatnot.
Old 4 Days Ago, 11:08 PM
Snubbull

I saw pictures of the johto dogs/cats on water and though that Entei was edited until I came across it in my own game. It was crazy to see.

♡ Signature by: Aquacorde
Old 4 Days Ago, 04:36 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Pokémon games + logic = not working

I know, from all the times I've tried to translate games into more realistic roleplays :x

EDIT: Okay, that's it. I'm making a new thread, haha.

The adventure continues... here!

Last edited by Adventure; 4 Days Ago at 04:50 AM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links