• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Identity

Whose Overworld sprite do you want to see?

• ??? (The mysterious woman)

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Aster

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • Kaius

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Lilah

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Sadie

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Vivi

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
I've never heard of Chrono Cross or the other one.

Also if the Cyborg is a byproduct of the story then what is the point of keeping it in there?

Again, I think your hacking skills are superb and the way you tell the story is fantastic. But in my opinion none of that matters if It is too complicated.

*COUGH COUGH*J.J. Abrams*COUGH COUGH*Lost*COUGH COUGH*Cloverfield was okay but...*COUGH COUGH *

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
This is an awesome game! I hope the next Demo will be out really soon. The scripting is fantastic along with the mapping!

Good Luck on this. :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I've never heard of Chrono Cross or the other one.

Also if the Cyborg is a byproduct of the story then what is the point of keeping it in there?

Again, I think your hacking skills are superb and the way you tell the story is fantastic. But in my opinion none of that matters if It is too complicated.

*COUGH COUGH*J.J. Abrams*COUGH COUGH*Lost*COUGH COUGH*Cloverfield was okay but...*COUGH COUGH *

You keep it in to keep it believable, sir. Think of something this way... say you have a purpose. A purpose to, uh, go to places really fast. So, what do you do? You go buy some crazy-fast sports car, yes? That likens to this 'overall story' we have here.

However, because you have that awesome hot rod, all of the ladies are attracted to you. It's a byproduct of having the hot rod. Even if your intention was just to get places really fast, the lady-lovin' is a byproduct and, no matter how much you don't want it to, it still exists. See, the thing is, you can't really make a point on removing the cyborg part of the story because you don't know the whole story yet. There's still much to be learned.

And sometimes complicated things are nice. To be completely honest with you, I love complicated things in a sense that I like to try to wrap my mind around them. Some other people are like that. Some people, presumably those akin to yourself, would think otherwise. It's all opinion, and opinion doesn't change things.

Also, I can probably assume you "weren't speaking to a fan", you were speaking to "the creator" or whatever you said in your last post. But, same as you do, I have the rights to express my own opinion. :>

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
It seems that the sprite that people wants to see is the mysterious woman.
Since you guys asked for it, here she is:
PollResults.png

And a bonus, here's a single frame of Aster for getting second:
Spoiler:

Edit: I made the sprites 4x larger before uploading it to photobucket so they could be seen much easier but for some reason, the forums shrinks them down

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
It seems that the sprite that people wants to see is the mysterious woman.
Since you guys asked for it, here she is:
PollResults.png

And a bonus, here's a single frame of Aster for getting second:
Spoiler:

Edit: I made the sprites 4x larger before uploading it to photobucket so they could be seen much easier but for some reason, the forums shrinks them down

Well the mysterious woman's sprite is pretty plain but that of course adds to the mystery of her.

Aster so far looks awesome! I especially like the pokeball bandana and it would be wonderful if someone did concept art for him (I can't as I'm graphically useless).

Look forward, as ever, to Beta 3.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Asters OW looks really interesting.
I really can't wait to see that.
And, like The Cynic said, the Mysterious women looks abit plain.

SkyAngel

~Perfect Harmony~
Years
I think the mysterious woman's plainness just adds to the mystery :3 I do love aster's OW, tho. I was curious to see Kaius, however, just because it reminded me of Cyrus when i saw it. Oh well. Oh, and Pokemon Identity is, so far and for whatever it is worth, the best hack I've ever played. I absolutely loved it and hated the cliff hanger ending. Ah well, I can't wait to play the next part of it. :)

RuRuBell

Beeef
Years
I voted for Sadie, but I love the mysterious woman's sprite. I think it suits her perfectly, from what I've played.

LikeUberHackFan

Pokemon Addict
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
This Is the most Epic hack ever !!
how long till The whole thing will be done a dusted the total 10 chapters?
Hopefully not something obserd like 2012 :(

I love the game WAY more than most silly pokemon games and if your fixing things up could you put a fire stone somewhere so you can Evolve Vixie when you get him =D I wanted a Ninetails ♥

Also I'm not a fan of the helmets on the Female and male characters. Would you mind a little rethink of the sprites. I love drawing sprites and stuff so if you need any help/inspiration I would help you.
I seriously hope this is not dead :S I've played the Demo like 4 times now its so EPIC at my best my pokemon were like in their 30's at the time of my characters 'death'

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
I love the game WAY more than most silly pokemon games and if your fixing things up could you put a fire stone somewhere so you can Evolve Vixie when you get him =D I wanted a Ninetails ♥

Well I think VGAura would probably not make a Fire Stone available later than mid-way through the game rather than in the first few chapters. Besides, Ninetales dosn't learn any moves via level-up.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 24, 2021
I love Xenogears <3
But Id isn't named after the Xenogears character.

I just named him/her the way that Pokemon protagonists are usually named.

Back