• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I was browsing the web and someone said he has a Skarmory with the following moveset:

Roost
Spikes
Roar
Drill Peck

Now, I get that Drill Peck was taught via breeding with a Doduo/drio, but how exactly did he manage to get Roost on it?

EDIT: Whoever moved my post moved it to the wrong board, this is a question regarding Black, not Black 2.

Your post was moved to B2/W2 Quick Questions for one specific reason: Roost is taught via Move Tutors which are based in those games. You can trade one back to B/W, but Roost cannot be learned specifically in those two games by Skarmory.

Cyclone

Move tutor in Black and White 2 will teach Roost.

Skarmory with Roost can be attained a few ways. In B/W/B2/W2 It can appear in the Dream World with the ability Weak Armor and the attack Roost. If your friend doesn't own B2 or W2 than this is one of the ways he can have gotten it.

In generation 4, Roost was available as a TM. If he transferred from D/P/Pt/HG/SS he could have taught it Roost then and transferred it to his Gen 5 copy.

So in addition to trading it to B2W2 and using the Move tutors to teach it, he can have gotten it from the Dream World or transferred it from a fourth Generation game. So its possible to have it on Black even if the post was made before B2W2 came out.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2013
Easy Mode - New Game?

Just need to know if I New Game (While having deleted save data o/c.) if Easy Mode and my other System Keys will be lost as well.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
They'll be lost. I tried this with my White 2 when I gave it to my brother and he lost the challenge keys. When you delete your old data it deletes everything from the previous game including unlockables such as the keys.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It means Base Stat Total, so see the last number at the end? http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/nu. That's base stat total, which is what the amount of base stats adds up to, so say 70 base stat in attack, 80 in defence etc, all adds up to the BST. Also this is competitive-ish, so it'd better fit into Competitive Team Questions for future reference!

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2013
IV breeding problems

Ive had trouble IV breeding
even though Im using a power anklet it will not pass down its superior speed stat
why is this?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Thats what I was referring to, the IV stat wasn't passed down.

Was the other parent holding a Power item? That may be the solution here.

For example, if one parent is holding a Power Bracer and the other a Power Anklet, either the Attack IV of the Power Bracer-holding parent or the Speed IV of the Power Anklet-holding parent will be passed down.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2013
No the other one is holding nothing I even removed the ever stone thinking that might be affecting it.

Years
Bad Egg??

My friend traded me an egg earlier, it was hacked to be a shiny Caterpie egg.
I've tried running around with it for a while, and it only says "It looks like this egg will take a long time to hatch." and when I go to its profile, it says "Caterpie" as its name

Will it hatch, or would it just end up being a bad egg, I'm really worried about this.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
My friend traded me an egg earlier, it was hacked to be a shiny Caterpie egg.
I've tried running around with it for a while, and it only says "It looks like this egg will take a long time to hatch." and when I go to its profile, it says "Caterpie" as its name

Will it hatch, or would it just end up being a bad egg, I'm really worried about this.
What Ash said. Tell your friend that hacking Eggs like that is just bad news.

I once triggered a pair of Bad Eggs that froze the game when I went to look at its info. Trust me. You don't want this Egg to hatch. Get your friend to take it back and then use a cloning code to clone something on top of it. That'll get rid of it.

Cyclone

Years
I need a water type for my W2 team. I am just now finishing my 3 gym and have a pretty solid team thus far but no water.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I need a water type for my W2 team. I am just now finishing my 3 gym and have a pretty solid team thus far but no water.

Have you considered Psyduck? They're uncommon in Floccesy Ranch. It learns Psychic moves by level up in addition to its Water STABs, which is neat, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back