• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a stall rmt or something

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So I wanted to make a (not ass) stall team, but I'm still shit at team building so attempts to make one have not been so good. The below is what I have at the moment, but like almost every team I make I have no idea if it's any good and I'm having trouble filling in the last slot.

venusaur-mega.gif

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

After sorta dropping out late XY/early ORAS this thing kinda became good again. It handles a number of common threats fairly well like Keldeo (they never run HP Flying anymore), Azumarill, Mega Altaria, basically every other Grass type, Hippowdon, and a few other things. It also handles Mega Diancie ok which is good because I don't wanna get shit on by that either. While Hidden Power Fire is good for Scizor/Ferrothorn I wonder if perhaps HP Ground Earthquake would be better to lure Heatran in?

heatran.gif

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Heatran more or less shuts down Clefable, a 'mon that I've come to find very annoying as of late and wanted something to fuck it over with. Also absorbs Toxic and burns, cripples walls with Taunt, is a Lati switch-in if they lack Earthquake, and provides the mandatory Stealth Rock.

tentacruel.gif

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Acid Spray
- Toxic

And then put in Tentacruel to complete a FWG core while also getting a spinner and something to absorb Toxic/Toxic Spikes with. Though I'm not sure if I should roll with it or go back to Reflect Type Starmie because Tentacruel lacks Recover and is Ground weak, and Reflect Type is pretty nice.

clefable.gif

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Clefable serves the purpose of hindering set up sweepers via Unaware while passing Wishes to Heatran and Tentacruel, who lack a recovery move and so appreciate the Wish support, and it more or less counters Mega Sableye. Fairy's also just a good type.

gliscor.gif

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Have Gliscor in the 5th slot since it provides much needed Ground and Electric immunities, while having some offensive presence with this set. Dunno if it's a good idea though since Clefable has Heal Bell.

Atm a few issues I can see with the team is stuff like Bisharp (pretty much sweeps the team at +2), Mega Slowbro (no good switch-ins besides Clefable, who doesn't wanna get burned and doesn't outstall it anyway), and Mega Zard (it's Mega Zard). And there's probably more than that. So yeah this probably ain't too good but might as well see what y'all have to say....

Last edited:

srinator

Venu gets eq to lure heatran, which is obv better than hp ground lol.
Toxic spikes>toxic on tenta imo.
I will edit into this more when I got on a PC.
Also if you are having troubles with mega zard x, why not make gliscor physically defensive ?

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 1, 2019
Pretty cool team so far.

I don't know what should be added here. I think you could use an ice move on your team though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Venu gets eq to lure heatran, which is obv better than hp ground lol.
Toxic spikes>toxic on tenta imo.
I will edit into this more when I got on a PC.
Also if you are having troubles with mega zard x, why not make gliscor physically defensive ?
Forgot that Venusaur gets Earthquake lol

But unfortunately even going physically defensive on Gliscor doesn't handle Zard X quite well enough for me:

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 244 HP / 192+ Def Gliscor: 186-219 (52.8 - 62.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

Years
If you need something for MegaZard X you could try Slowbro. It has huge physical defence and resists fire-typed stab.

srinator

You could use like hippo over gliscor but idek if being more passive would be helpful.
Have you considered making clef mg cm, changing glisc to hippo and adding a cleric in the 6th slot so thing like umbreon etc

Last edited:
Years
I would recommend you a stall breaker jellicent for your 6th slot.It can take care of zard-x also it has will-o-wisp for bisharp.(but you gotta be careful).Also due to its ghost typings it can switch in to rapid-spins!
This is pretty much a basic but effective set
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I would recommend you a stall breaker jellicent for your 6th slot.It can take care of zard-x also it has will-o-wisp for bisharp.(but you gotta be careful).Also due to its ghost typings it can switch in to rapid-spins!
This is pretty much a basic but effective set
Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover
I don't think Jellicent is an effective option here because even with physically defensive investment, Charizard X still breaks through it, especially after it's boosted up:

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Jellicent: 184-217 (45.5 - 53.7%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Jellicent: 244-288 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That being said, I agree with the Slowbro suggestion; it has the physical bulk to stomach Charizard X's hits, and can cripple it with Thunder Wave or put it on a timer with Toxic:

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 134-158 (34 - 40.1%) -- 37.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

-Scald
-Psyshock/Fire Blast/Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
-Slack Off
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/232 Def/24 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator

Besides, Gliscor does stall breaking by boosting up in front of passive threats, then overwhelming them with boosted attacks.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Have you considered making clef mg cm, changing glisc to hippo and adding a cleric in the 6th slot so thing like umbreon etc
I do kinda like this, but idk if I wanna give up Unaware either.....

Kinda like the Slowbro suggestion too, but....

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 134-158 (34 - 40.1%) -- 37.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Does Zard X not run Adamant these days or something?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I do kinda like this, but idk if I wanna give up Unaware either.....

Kinda like the Slowbro suggestion too, but....

Does Zard X not run Adamant these days or something?

As a matter of fact, yes. They use Jolly is to outrun Scarf Therian Landorus after a Dragon Dance. Adamant is still a fine option, though.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
'k so an update if anyone cares. This is what it looks like atm:

Spoiler:

idek if this is still full stall or if its semi-stall or what now but at least it's not my usual bulky offense shit Basically I made Clef the Magic Guard set and put Umbreon in as the cleric. Slowbro has its points but I feel like it would just be stacking weaknesses here and I really needed to have a cleric after the Clef change and it alos has much better Sp.Def than Slowbro. Foul Play doesn't completely substitute for Unaware but at least there's this:

+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 256-303 (64.9 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 0- Atk Umbreon Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 165-195 (60.6 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's better than what I expected really. Kinda wonder if I can fiddle with Umbreon's EVs a bit but I'll look at that some other time.

Also swapped Tentacruel with Reflect Type Starmie since I wasn't liking having 2 Poison types on the team nor Tenta's lack of Recover. Toxic/Poison's not really an issue for this team so yeah. And idk I've kinda come to like the thing and for some reason people still don't expect RT Starmie. Kept Gliscor because Hippo's hella passive and I kinda wanna avoid that. Still want that Ground immunity anyway.

But any other thoughts/advice would be great

Back