• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Hmm, just a few quick questions:
1.Is there a Silver backsprite anywhere? I know that Nintendo never made one, but did anyone else?
2. Does anyone have the Ice Cave tileset picture in Crystal?
Thanks!

ur best hope for silver's bck sprite ould probably at a a sprite request shop in multiple forums all over the world or at deviantart where there are multiple sprite artists from all over the world. chances are you may find 1.

hmm... I can rip that out for ya if you like but why the crystal one? I'll try an pm it to u l83 2 day if u still need it.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Crystal's Ice Path tileset is a significant improvement visually compared to the one in Gold and Silver.

unfortanutely I never took time to enjoy crystal's gfx because I enjoyed the storyline and actually playing much better. Looking through a lot of these tile sets and they don't all have as good improvements but yes, the gfx do dominate g&s.

I only use TLP for gfx so I how do I edit tileset pallettes along with pallettes for, say, everything else gfx wise. I've seen a tut soewhere before but can't finger the name or location so I need help finding it or someone please tell me here.. please?:pirate:

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hi, everyone again.

I was making my game and I noticed something... How can I change the world map? I mean, to put my tileset andn build it on NTME and then insert it to unLZ... the base is Fire Red, so there are 4 maps and I've done all of my maps by my self in a .PNG file.

Years
Hi, everyone again.

I was making my game and I noticed something... How can I change the world map? I mean, to put my tileset andn build it on NTME and then insert it to unLZ... the base is Fire Red, so there are 4 maps and I've done all of my maps by my self in a .PNG file.
There are some tutorials on this in the docs and tuts section.
I'd link you one, but I'm kinda in a rush.

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years
This might be a very easy question, but since I just don't seem to solve it, I'd better ask it here. (I tried searching first, with no correct results). I'm hacking an English FireRed rom, FYI.

I found the Nameless Tile Map Editor and decided to change the Tilemap assigned to that 256 color Pokémon logo. I made a new tilemap but seemingly I made it larger than the previous one was - unLZ's saying me that the image is too big. I know that I should repoint the picture and I know where I have free space (268 bytes should fit well into an empty space which is 0x200 in size) - this free space starts at 0x871A23D. The problem is, though, that how do I change this value into the offset unLZ wants me to enter? I tried this myself in two ways:
* In AdvanceMap it seemed that all custom scripts were at $??????, where ?'s are the same that they are in PKSV's 0x8??????. So, I tried just dropping the 0x8 away. The result was that after the Gengar vs. Nidorino video the game hung up.
* My another try was to just drop the 0x away, so I had "871A23D". The result was that the gba file grew from 16MB to 135MB and VBA couldn't play it anymore :D

Yeah, I may be a n00b but at least I have IMO explained my problem well enough. :D

Tried with another location and it worked well :S Well, at least I got over that problem :)
E: Oh, now I see what was the problem. unLZ told me that "268 bytes" and I didn't understand that it was in hex :D

Has this question been answered already?: Found the solution myself

Last edited:
Years
I'm having a problem when I run certain programs. With some of the programs I downloaded to help me make my game, I get an error when I run it stating that COMDLG32.OCX can't be found because it's either invalided or it doesn't exist. i get that error with the following programs:

- AdvanceMart
- AdvanceText
- Cyclone
- Icon Edit
- Intro Edit
- Pokemon Amplifier
- PokeTronic
- StartMapChoserAdvance

What is this "COMDLG32.OCX" and what can I do to make go away so I can run the programs?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
I'm having a problem when I run certain programs. With some of the programs I downloaded to help me make my game, I get an error when I run it sating that COMDLG32.OCX can't be found because it's either invalided or it doesn't exist. i get that error with the following programs:

- AdvanceMart
- AdvanceText
- Cyclone
- Icon Edit
- Intro Edit
- Pokemon Amplifier
- PokeTronic
- StartMapChoserAdvance

What is this "COMDLG32.OCX" and what can I do to make go away so I can run the programs?

Simple go to google, and type COMDLG32.OCX. Download it, and place it in the programs folder(each copy in a different program)

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years
Simple go to google, and type COMDLG32.OCX. Download it, and place it in the programs folder(each copy in a different program)

Better try first just putting it at C:\Windows\System32\. If I remember correctly, Windows applications should check both their own directory and that directory when they look for DLL files. ;)

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Better try first just putting it at C:\Windows\System32\. If I remember correctly, Windows applications should check both their own directory and that directory when they look for DLL files. ;)

COMDLG32.OCX
is already found in C: /Windows/System32. I tried like what you said a while back ago, and didn't work. Some programs need it to be found in the same folder, as it is. ;)

Soulweaver

a mirage
Years

COMDLG32.OCX
is already found in C: /Windows/System32. I tried like what you said a while back ago, and didn't work. Some programs need it to be found in the same folder, as it is. ;)

Oh, I didn't notice that it was .OCX... Though they should work IMO similarly, I reckon there was a command line part involved (I think it was something like "regsvr32 (something) comdlg32.ocx"). But in this case I believe now that just copying the file over is the better choice.

EDIT: When it comes to my own question, I happened to solve it myself. :)

Last edited:

Grinner

Smiley Face
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
Hello all!

Actualy a simple question this time... Dose anyone know if its possable to use asm to make a 'call script' function in an item?

I have been experementing with item hex editing but due to my abismal ASM skills I havent had a huge sucsess and it would be much easyer for me and likely anyone else who would like to do something like this if it was able to be shunted to a script to manage. I have tried simple pointers to scripts which cause the game to hang and I have also tryed useing script hex commands to program items but every time that happens then the game resets so I assume its not valid. (I know its not permitted to ask for scripts here but if anyone more capable than me could make an ASM script then translate it to hex I would be extreemly gratefull)

Thanks for your time!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I need help on changing the sprites of the 25 "empty slot" Pokémon in a Pokémon Emerald ROM. I was changing one of the Pokémon's "question mark" sprite into the sprite of a Ralts using Pokémon Editor Pro by directly copying the sprite offsets listed for Ralts into the "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite offset boxes. However, when viewed in-game, the "empty slot" Pokémon still appears as a question mark, but coloured differently than before. Are there any tips on what I can do to correctly change an "empty slot" Pokémon's sprite? Thanks.

It means that the palette was changed but not the image. Make sure you copy and paste both in to the correct places.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Sprite offset: D2DBC4
Back sprite: D2DE1C
Norm. Pallette: D2DDF4
Shiny Palette: D2E058
Icon Offset: D2EB60
Icon Palette: Pal 2
They are the same for both Ralts and the "empty slot", but the sprites are still different. In fact, changing the "empty slot"'s sprite offset to ANYTHING still produces the question marks.

Oh, its for Emerald. Yeah thats probably whats causing you trouble.

In Emerald the Pokemon have animations which are located elsewhere on the rom. You'll have to edit it manually. That means finding Ralts animation as well. In the .ini file it says that the Animations are found at 3187084 (dec).

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
What is the problem if I want to open a ROM that I am hacking in overworld editor RE and is says: Error loading INI settings for this game
???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back