• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your unpopular Pokémon opinions

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
Title says it all. It could be anything, from the anime to the cards to the fandom.
  • Umbreon isn't all that great of a Pokémon. I would see why people like it, but this Pokémon is not my type.
  • The Pokémon that get criticised on their design only (e.g., Garbodor) actually have good designs. Well, from a critic's point of view.
  • I don't care for the Pokémon Adventures manga. No matter how many times I read it, I just don't find it enjoyable. I believe what puts me off is the lack of characterisation of the Pokémon, which is one thing I liked about the anime.
  • I love Pokémon merchandise, even if the excessive amount of toys make it clear that the series is a bit of a cash grab.
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is... eh. I find the stories and gameplay to be interesting, but there's something about it that puts me off.
  • I dislike most Pokémon Youtubers, namely TyranitarTube and Gian11 or whatever his name is. They okay when it comes to resources, but I dislike how they make money. Then again, I've always had a problem with those sort of Youtubers.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Unown arent that bad of a pokemon.

The remakes are annoying when it comes to which generation they belong to. Always modernizing the games extensively to the point that they lose the original charm.

True pokemon will always be gen 1 to 4.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I find Umbreon the most overrated Eeveelution ever. I don't understand why it gets so much love. It's not that good outside of PMD and Conquest, and when I face it, it tends to be annoying for some reason. Also, in my opinion, it's not cute, but actually pretty boring compared to other Dark types and to the other Eeveelutions. And finally, I think it shouldn't have won the Dark type poll.

I love Tangrowth. I don't find it ugly at all. In fact, I think its design is actually cute and funny, just like Tangela's design. Aside from that, it's also strong, bulky, and has a great ability named Regenerator.

I love the Vanillite line. They're simply adorable, and their designs are actually pretty good IMO.

I like the Totodile line far more than the Cyndaquil line.

I think Game Freak shouldn't have made Arceus the god of Pokemon. In fact, I think they shouldn't have made a Pokemon that created everything. Maybe Arceus would've been more tolerable as a Stantler evolution.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
I don't care about the manga.
Genwunners suck.
Red isn't an almighty god.
Twitch plays Pokemon and all the memes behind it suck and I wish it would go away.
I hate Smogon and I hate playing by their rules.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
-Charizard is the only Gen 1 starter worth using, even counting their megas.
-Ash was never a good protagonist, he hasn't gotten any better or worse, he was terrible since Kanto.
-Smogon has no idea what it's doing half the time and its tier lists are horrible.
-Dragon type hasn't been overall OP since Gen 2.
-Jokes about pokemon that look like they would be from one gender but can be both aren't funny.
-Mega evolution did nothing but make pokemon more fresh and fun to play.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
The Fairy-type and Mega Evolutions should have never been introduced.
Rhyperior is awesome.
The Explosion nerf was stupid.
Pikachu is a bad mascot.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
- Charizard is the most overrated Pokemon. It isn't cool.
- Competitive Pokemon Battling is boring.
- Pokemon plushies are immature
- XY is the worst generation of Pokemon (games and region included) followed by BW/B2W2
- Kanto is a really boring region
- Mega Evolutions should never have been introduced; they have ruined Pokemon
- Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir/Gallade are way overrated.
- The Pokemon Anime particularly in Unova was boring, bland and childish

Imafroggy

King
Years
-This current generation is shaping up to be complete and utter crap
*The main reason people even like Gen VI is because of "MUH 3D GRAPHICS" & breeding
-Pokemon X and Y are the worst mainline Pokemon games to date
-No other Pokemon region is worth a damn except for Sinnoh
*Sinnoh is literally the perfect region
-"Yeah this is the 1000th Red, GSC trainer battle, and Blue battle GBA remix do something new"
-Emboar is the worst starter ever design wise
-I like Typhlosion but it's really bland and it's literally a bigger Quilava
-Gen V starters overall are the worst starters
-Gamefreak have never been competent game developers
-Pokebank is terrible and I don't want to pay $$$ to get my Pokemon
-People being apologetic or indifferent about certain things in Pokemon is what is going to kill the franchise one day (and I hope it never happens)

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
- I find the dragon type to be really boring, especially since gen 4.
- b/w and b2/w2 were horrible
- the second gen starters are really boring
- merchandise like plushies are pretty childish to me
- legendaries have been overkill since gen 3
- everything past gen 4 feels very unpokemon like idk...

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
I find raichu very unpopular, never used it after gen 1. after gen 1 people use raichu in very rare cases, cause it isn't much strong and we get more options for electric types

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
-Charizard isn't that great and it doesn't make any sense it has more Mega Evolutions than other Pokémon.
-Mega Evolution shouldn't be introduced. It's unbalancing.
-Most later generations include way to many legendary Pokémon.
-There are to many Pokémon.
-The type balance in Gen II-V was fine. (I don't have anything against the fairy type, I just think it's weird adding a type after so many generations.)
-A dual typed move doesn't make any sense.
-Pokémon like Tyranitar and Tauros shouldn't be able to learn Surf.
-The games basically just improved till Gen III/IV and then only worsened.

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
-There Are To Many Pokémon.
-Gen 4 was the last Generation that i enjoyed. V and VI was not that great for me.
- Gen 3 is the best Generation for me
- Gen 5 is the worst Generation
- Nidoking should get a Mega Evolution(Nidoqueen too)

Aiirisu

Elegant Outrage
Years
Mewtwo isn't a worthy of the hype built around it. Honestly, it's just like Charizard's situation. It's a pretty overrated pokemon and after recently watching the Genesect movie, I find it quite unlikable. :/

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I remember posting in two threads like this one already :) . So parts of this will be copy-pasted.

Anyway, here goes:

• I think the Unovan 156 Pokémon are a much more coherent and balanced set than the original 151. The absence of the older Pokémon was actually the best thing about Black and White because it felt like I was discovering the series a second time, and I kinda wish it stayed that way during the postgame. The moment I met an older Pokémon (Golduck, IIRC) the game lost some of its charm to me.
  • I find battles that don't allow to gain experience to be a complete waste of time. That's why I don't understand the appeal of Battle Frontiers in the slightest.
  • I get that the anime was made as an ad for the games. However, from what I've seen as a young Pokémon fan in the late nineties and early two thousands, the anime actually did more harm to the series' image than good. Ash is a horrible protagonist who never grows up mentally, never learns and will never amount to anything. I think the fact that his friends who reached their goals did so only after ditching Ash is a testament to that. Also, I have an irrational hatred of Pikachu because of the anime.
  • I more or less get remaking a game from a previous generation, but when people start wondering whether there will be a remake of a remake (like people clamoring for a 3DS remake of RBY), that's just... too much. For people who think Gen 1 was so awesome that it deserves a second round of remakes, or that it absolutely needs to be updated to be compatible with the most recent releases: it doesn't; let it go.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
-I can't stand The Pichu line at all. I hate seeing Pikachu adorn all kinds of merchandise. Why couldn't it have been Bulbasaur?
-While I'm not a lover of Mega evolutions, I like to relate Pokémon that have two evolutions in addition to a mega to Digimon, thinking of their evolution lines in the same way as digivolution; rookie -> champion -> ultimate -> mega
-
I was perfectly content with 17 types, thank you very much.
-The only legends I don't like come from Gen V.

Back