• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever gone through an extended period of inactivity?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
If so:

What shocked you the most about how PC changed?

Were your friends still here? Do you still talk to them?

Edit: I thought it would look professional if I added formatting. It just looks like I bolded everything.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Yeah? I think I was really inactive for a few spells in 2012/2013, took some LoAs in 2014 for personal reasons...

but nothing ever substantial happens while I'm gone, apparently. I think it was a year ago any promotions even happened while I was gone 8D

I thought about leaving a moment ago, too. But shenanigans said some really interesting things and pushed me to change how I think about this place. It's going to be a little difficult acclamating.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
During my first year here on PC, I did fall off the face of PC for a few months primarily due to school. I made friends before I left, but when I returned...the majority of them either left PC or got banned from PC. I had to start off new.

I also left PC for a brief period of time around March of 2013. I still kept touch with peeps via twitter and other places though!

Sirfetch’d

I left for a small amount of time after my resignation, but returned shortly after. Other than that I've only taken short leaves whenever I was busy with real life things. PC is home to me though haha.

As for if my friends were still here, yes most of them! I have multiple outlets though to reach some of them so if they weren't it wouldn't have made a huge difference for those.

Bay

Years
A little after I graduated university from 2010 I had several instances where I would leave PC for a while and then come back. I think the biggest shock for me is seeing active members I've never heard before, haha.

Most of the friends I made here aren't active anymore. Some of them I still talk over Tumblr, Twitter, Skype, and such.

Honest

Hi!
Years
About a year, yup. I... can't recall which year it was anymore. God, I've been here too long. I actually don't recall why I left, but I know I got promoted around the time I came back for the first time. I don't remember much of back then, except for my obsession with what was then Other Voting Polls. I also took another leave recently, though it wasn't really a formal one. Oddly enough, it started when I got my position back, as luck would have it. Everything seemed more... dead when I came back, honestly.

Lucid

Holy shit balls! No-no words!

They pretty much gone. I'm stuck with you people... ;(

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Every time I become inactive from PC the Chit Chat Cafe changes names and another name change season comes in. You can imagine my confusion.

Most of my friends are still here, if anything, they leave the battle server but stay here. coughdipuwherethefuckhaveyoubeencough

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Plenty of times. The reasons I left before were because I ran into some big problems on the forums and what not. Another reason could be that I didn't think I was quite grown up enough either. There are many reasons. Also, I didn't have any friends I did then that I do now... so I can't really answer that to be honest.

In fact, when I did return... I noticed that the staff had gone through a drastic change. That's what helped me decide to stick around longer.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
Years
I joined in 2010 and stuck around until like...I wanna say maybe mid-2013? Then I dropped off the site completely and only resurfaced a few weeks ago.

When I came back, everything was different, I basically treated it as if it were a new forum to me. Literally none of my friends from before are either active, or still talk to me. Which is to be expected when one disappears for two-ish years.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I've left more times than I can remember. Every time I come back really not much changed besides some new members. Also every time I come back I end up talking to pretty much all the same people.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Considering that I wasn't really that active until April 2014 last year... yeah... I can't really remember that many people from the ye old days I was posting haha. I mean, the only 2 people that I know that still stick around here are PlatinumDude and Hikamaru haha.

The only thing I can tell is back during my 2012-2013 hiatus, I befriended Hika and she was still our little Oshawott, but when I came back at 2014, she changed so much I couldn't recognize her at once.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I left a couple months after I joined once school started back up. I didn't really make any friends on my first initial stay, so when I started lurking again around the start of 2013, I didn't notice any big changes. I started getting active again once I posted my first novel attempt here, and I noticed that a few people from before were no longer here, which made me a little sad. But overall, not too different.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I was inactive for most of 2013, came back in 2014, and I've been in and out every week or so.

There's also a big gap from 2010-2013 that shouldn't exist

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Surprisingly, just a month ago, I was an inactive nobody on PC. I left for about a year, mainly due to school reasons.

In that short period of time of a month, however I've met some wonderful people and made great friendships :D Most of the people I knew pre-hiatus were from roleplays I was in, mainly Elitebeats (Chalifoux), PJbottomz (Awkward), Sir Bastian, Magic Fox/Swifty and Lord Sephear. We don't talk as much anymore though (mostly due to inactivity by some and not being in the same RPs) but I've met some new roleplayers that are equally awesome :D

The biggest challenge for me though was to find out who was who because of the name changes. Name changes made it hard for me to know who was who at first but thankfully now I have no issues :D

Melody

Banned
Years
Inactive? Inactivity is my middle name! :3

No. Seriously!

But yeah; I've taken no shortage of LOAs for personal reasons; mostly related to life well, being life. It's that simple really. There are also times I do step away from PC for various reasons of stress it can induce in me when things are just too sub-optimal or when friends just stop being such, or fall off the face of the forum entirely for much of the same reasons I do. I wouldn't call myself a nobody though. Most people know me; and love my quirky-ness and passion...at least I hope.

Years
Everything seemed more... dead when I came back, honestly.

It was because I was gone! ;D

On the same note, I returned to PC a couple days ago after probably more than half a year being absent. Wasn't made known to people, left members wondering where I've been, I sort of just started to dwindle away and became less present on the forum once school became an obstacle. Now that I've settled into new environments and the life changes that have happened, I'm ready to become part of this wonderful community again c:

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Around the time I was inactive, name changes were all the rage. When I came back, I had no idea who was who and I was so thankful they added the "Previously Known As" feature lol. There were a lot of new features and new staff members, too, but those things didn't really shock me that much. Those members deserve their positions anyway, and the new features were great additions to the continuously... evolving PC aheh.

My closest friends are pretty much still here and I'm doing my best to catch up with them. It would be sad if our friendship ended just because of my inactivity, you know? I'm planning on getting in touch with more of my old friends, too.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Oh god, yes. I'm barely on this forum anymore.

What shocked me the most when I was inactive was all the promotions of Mods/Super-Mods to Administrators.

And lmao, barely any of my friends go here anymore. The important ones I still keep in touch with (sorta) but oh well.

Years
I never really went through much of an extended inactivity period, except for that one terrible event in 2011 that I never want to mention again.

Since then, my activity has always remained consistent.

Back