• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
Found these cards while looking through my Yu-Gi-oh boxes. Can one of you guys help price?
German Typhlosion "Tornupto" 18/111 not first
Raichu ex 98/100 1st Ed English
Switch 102/112 not 1st
Team magma's Groudon 9/95 1st ed

I have more but ill post them later cuz of the card limit

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 22, 2013
Hi Guys,
totally new to Pokemon cards and i have a few questions in regards to a few Pocket Monsters card my brother and i found from when we were kids.
the first one is a Togepi, lv 10, Hp40 from the star series. it has no numbers on it but it has a little palm tree below the picture. it is shiny all over except for the picture which is plain colours. the artist is Keiko Fukuyama
the second and third cards are both non shiny and i have no idea which pokemon they are!
if someone could please let me know what they are and what the cards are worth that would be great!
thanks

Years
I have had this binder full of Pokemon cards sitting on my shelf for at least 8 years. I am now going through and cleaning everything out and I am wondering if they are worth anything?

imgur.com/a/NDX7e#0

Remember to add http before that link.

Sorry for the late reply (kinda had a very busy week and was only able to get around to replying just now), but that's a lot of freaking cards to evaluate in one go. I'm assuming that the reason nobody else has even attempted to price them is the fact that your album has 64 images in it, which probably means that there's 180 cards to price out.

I'm going to go ahead and merge this thread with our "How Much is this Card Worth?" sticky thread, where it may get more attention by those who are willing to dive through and price your cards.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 25, 2013
Now i'm guessing this card is not a rare, or original card, but I'll still give it a hot on here

Name: Vileplume. HP80. LV.35

Set: Jungle.

Unfortunately, I do not see any resemblance to this being an original print other than the fact that all the Copyright dates (Nintendo, Game Freak inc., Creatures inc.) are from 1996 . It is holographic.

Illustrated by Keiji Kinebuchi No. 45. There is a single black star in the bottom right corner of the card.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
I have a jugglypuff 72/106 misprinted to read "jigglyouff" and was wondering the value of the card? NM/slightly used condition at worst, holo, will get pictures

It seems to be the only of its kind from what research ive done

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 28, 2013
I think I have a rare Dark Golbat Card. It's blue not green I was trying to find some info on it but couldn't come up with any info. I hope someone can help me. I was wondering how much it cost and how rare it is cause I've never seen it before. ItS "BLUE" NOT GREEN like the regular one. And it holo as well. Thanks

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2016
1. Card name.
2. Set the card is from. You can tell this by the set symbol located either in the bottom right corner of the card or to the bottom right of the picture.
3. The collector's number (the number in the bottom right corner of the card that goes something like 1/102 or 1/64 or 1/99) of the card.
4. Whether it is first edition or not (as in, does it have a 1 inside a solid black circle to the bottom right of the picture). This only applies to cards from sets released before the Legendary Collection in English. Japanese cards, on the other hand, are a different story.
5. Whether it is shadowless or not (as in, having no shadow behind the picture and not having bolded HP text). This only applies to cards from the Base Set (the only set that has no set symbol).

1 -
Mewtwo (Japanese),
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 086/128.
NA.

2 -
Houndoom (Japanese)
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 019/092.
NA

3 -
Entei (Japanese)
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 026/087

4 -
Charizard (Japanese)
Believed from Expedition with a 1st edition symbol next to the expansion symbol. 012/029

They are in great condition, not mint/near mint with some fading on the borders, but they are old cards. I'd love a price check on these, please.

I have pictures but can't post them because of my post count. Sorry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
hey everyone,
i have a very special card i got from a package years and years ago,

its a chansey second edition 3/130 NON holo. its an error. it has a number 2 and a pokeball in it on the right side under the picture
its an english card

i tried to search for it on internet but there are no topics about it,
anyone help me out?

Years
  • Age 57
  • Seen Aug 2, 2014
I am a mom, and have cards we had signed by Japanese illustrators at the TCG worlds tournament 8+ yrs ago when my son and daughter played and have no idea the value. We have 16 cards but will list a few

Pikachu Victory Medal Trainer card from Battle Road Spring 2006-2007
Charizard 6/108 power keepers
Mew ex 88/92 Legend Maker
Pichu Bros 16/17 pop 3
Pikachu Shiny 104/110 holon phantoms

Thanks, any information will be helpful.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 21, 2013
Value of my son's card

So I'm trying to figure out the value of my son's Pokemon cards. I will attach pictures here as I am a Mom that has no idea what to even say to determine value. He also has a ton of Japanese ones that my husband would pick up during his travels 2006-2007 to Tokyo. I really don't want to post all of those, but if anyone could give me info on how to id Japanese card values...that would be great. I'm only posting the cards here that have 1995-2001 listed on the bottom as I figure these out of all of his cards would have the most value.

Years
So I'm trying to figure out the value of my son's Pokemon cards. I will attach pictures here as I am a Mom that has no idea what to even say to determine value. He also has a ton of Japanese ones that my husband would pick up during his travels 2006-2007 to Tokyo. I really don't want to post all of those, but if anyone could give me info on how to id Japanese card values...that would be great. I'm only posting the cards here that have 1995-2001 listed on the bottom as I figure these out of all of his cards would have the most value.

Middlegeorge, I've gone ahead and merged your thread into the appropriate thread and will get back to you on values later in the day. Check back in about 4 hours and check back again in about 10 hours from now if I've not valued them in 4 hours. Also note that old does not necessarily mean more valuable. I've got a card from 2006 that is worth around $100, while the bulk of my cards from 2000 would barely fetch $0.50.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Hi guys looking for prices for the following.. all cards are rare with the star at the bottom right of the screen by foiled i mean hologram

FIRST EDITION 1999
Machamp 8/102 shadowed (FOILED)

FIRST EDITION 1999-2000
Machamp 8/102 shadowed (FOILED)

BASE SET (RARE*) 1999
Ninetails 12/102 shadowed (FOILED)
Beedrill 17/102 shadowed (UN-FOILED)
Pidgeotto 22/102 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

BASE SET (without 2 and ball) (RARE*) 1999-2000
Chansey 3/102 shadowed (FOILED)
Mewtwo 10/102 shadowed (FOILED)
Gyarados 6/102 shadowed (FOILED)

BASE SET 2 (with 2 and ball) 1999-2000
Kangaskhan 26/130 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

JUNGLE SET 1999
Kangaskhan 5/64 shadowed (FOILED)
scyther 10/64 shadowed (FOILED)
Vaporeon 12/64 shadowed (FOILED)
Pidgeot 24/64 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

TEAM ROCKET SET 1999-2000
Dark Alakazam 1/82 shadowed (FOILED)
Dark Raichu 83/82 shadowed (FOILED)
Dark charizard 4/82 shadowed (FOILED)

FOSSIL SET 1999
Muk 13/62 shadowed (FOILED)
Lapras 10/62 shadowed (FOILED)
Ditto 18/62 shadowed (UN-FOILED)
Articuno 17/62 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

GYM HERO'S EXPANSION (GH) 1999-2000
Erika's Vileplume 5/132 shadowed (FOILED)

GYM CHALLENGE EXPANSION 1999-2000
Lt. Surge's Jolteon 28/132 (UN-FOILED)

PROMO 1999-2000
Mewtwo Lv60. 14. shadowed (UN-FOILED)

JAPANESE
Team Rocket set. Charmeleon (maybe dark?) No.005 shadowed (UN-FOILED)
Jungle set. Butterfree No. 012 shadowed (UN-FOILED)

Sorry for the amount although i thought it was best to list all at once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Sorry, middlegeorge and slapman! I didn't have a chance to price your cards this evening. I'll give them a shot tomorrow. Slapman, I'll only be pricing the first 6 you listed in my first go-round tomorrow, since pricing is a tedious and time-consuming process simply because of how much clicking and searching is involved in my methods. I may get to the rest later, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for more than your first 6 and middlegeorge's 5 tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Sorry, middlegeorge and slapman! I didn't have a chance to price your cards this evening. I'll give them a shot tomorrow. Slapman, I'll only be pricing the first 6 you listed in my first go-round tomorrow, since pricing is a tedious and time-consuming process simply because of how much clicking and searching is involved in my methods. I may get to the rest later, but I'm not sure if I'll have time for more than your first 6 and middlegeorge's 5 tomorrow.

No problem mate thanks very much for taking the time to do it in the first place. i would happily do it myself but i have no idea how to lol thanks very much though

Years
No problem mate thanks very much for taking the time to do it in the first place. i would happily do it myself but i have no idea how to lol thanks very much though

Since I was too busy again today, I'll give you tips on how to do it yourself:

1. Go to eBay.
2. Search the card you want to get a price for.
3. Change the search filters so it only shows you the completed listings.
4. Tally up the value of all the sold listings that actually sold, and then divide the value by the total number of sold listings. Also, generally assume that with commons and uncommons, if you see them individually going for an average price very close to $1 on eBay, they are probably worth considerably less than that. If the average value is higher, then they're probably at the higher value. Rares generally don't go any lower than $1 in price unless they're completely useless and in very poor condition.

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
Years
hello what do you think these things are worth
PR-10_Meowth.jpg

325888.jpg

hello what do you think these things are worth
PR-10_Meowth.jpg

325888.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.