• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are your favorite Let's Players?

Shdwj

Excuse me?
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2016
I'm gonna have to say that PeanutButterGamer, SullyPwnz, and Chadtronic are currently my favorite LPers. :D

Years
I mostly watch Markiplier and Jacksepticeye, but I've been getting back into watching Chugaaconroy. Used to watch Pewdiepie until I lost internet and then got internet again and saw how different he is now, and that's why I turned to Markiplier and Jack.
And sometimes I watch the Rage Quit series on Rooster Teeth. ("This is ME. This is WHAT KILLED ME. Look at it! It's *curse word* SADDER THAN I AM!!")

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
I love watching the TFS guys do a let's play, especially if they do it for a game I own myself. At the moment, their Twitch highlights of their GTA Online sessions always manage to draw out a laugh or two from me no matter how many times I rewatch those vids.

I do also watch Game Grumps on occasion, and very, veryyyy rarely Rooster Teeth.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My boyfriend introduced me to jacksepticeye and Markiplier when I asked for LP recommendations. jacksepticeye is my favorite and I look forward to his videos! I just finished watching his Life is Strange and Subnautica LP's and gonna scour for more. :D

occasionally I also watch Game Grumps too.

There was one LPer by the name of Hayato who made the best Syphon Filter Let's Play on Youtube. Sadly he retired YEARS ago, his commentary was the best, even if he said he sucked.

Titos

Beast tuber
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2022
My favourite Let´s players are Sjin from Yogscast, TheKingNappy, ShadyPenguinn, HoodlumScrafty and GameboyLuke all make Pokémon content, i like Markiplier and Pewdiepie too, and there is some others like AbdallahSmash026, SullyPwns and PurpleRodri that make Nintendo content. There is a few more i like to watch but cant remember now everyone on the top of my head xD But i would say the one i like the most its me cause im a beast tru? LOL jk xD
But i watch a lot of youtubers and i enjoy all of them. They all pretty good, and they all inspire me. =)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
I think my personal faves are Markiplier and PBG. The Game Grumps are also fun to listen to but they are sorta hit or miss with me. I prefer the episodes where the grumps talk more about the game they are playing rather than going off on a ramble. Also Tobuscus is what originally made me want to do lets plays in the first place.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Since I watch a lot of LPs coming from a lot of LPers, my favorite picks are likely to change every now and then. People whose videos I seem to enjoy on a constant basis are HCBailly, who, sadly, seems to have a really hard time keeping up his motivation for quite a while now, which is why he isn't as active as he was a couple years ago and Suishomaru, a german LPer who's been doing LPs for many years now and who still seems to be full of energy in that regard.

There are other people who are alright in what they are doing, as well: GameGrumps, Proton Jon, Chuggaaconroy, NCS, PBG, ballerscuba (highly overlooked that guy) and to some extend ShadyPenguinn, although I liked his channel more when he had more of a focus on battles, instead of LPs.

Yeah, like I said: I watch a lot of LPers and their LPs ^^"

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
I remember back in the day, before the term "LP" or "Let's plays" became so dang popular a few years ago, I called these players commentators or people making commentated playthroughs. so yeah...

ok back to the point:

For Pokemon related games:
Shofu - back when he was still hooked with Pokemon as his main avenue, though he's usually uploading Smash related stuff. But when he does play a Fan-made game (watching his Rejuvenation playthrough right now), he's still pretty spot on.

MunchingOrange

For anything else:
ZiggyD - basically when it comes to Action RPG related content (Path of Exile, Diablo 3, and the like) kind of games, ZiggyD has been my go-to "LPer" for ARPGs for quite some time. The reason why I like ZiggyD is that he knows that he's doing without sounding too smart about it. His commentaries are spot-on and he knows how to be funny, albeit his humor can be a little too corny at times. Also he's Australian.

YuriofWind - while most people would know him basically burning and smashing badly written creepypastas with BS Creepypasta Story time, he does have a library of commentated playthroughs and his snarky style of commentary is something that i like. His Persona 3 FES LP is gold.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Mostly Chuggaaconroy (kind of obvious if you look in my sig.) but also MasaeAnela, The Runaway Guys, and occasionally NCS.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Super Gaming Bros.

Just three assholes to know how to have a good time when they play good games or bad.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
Who's your favorite let's player?

I like PewdiePie, Jackseptic, VideoGameDunkey, lilypichu, Captain Monk and Keyori. I may have forgotten some ha.

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
I think my absolute favorite Let's Player is Lucahjin. I find her hilarious and she has a great way of speaking. If she isn't playing a blind playthrough she can still make her reactions authentic to everything and I think that's amazing. Other people will play through and be unsurprised by every event, say "we gotta do this, this and this," and so on. Lucah will let you know what can/should be done without spoiling anything and she comes across as very knowledgeable about the games she has played. As for her blind playthroughs, she just takes an easygoing approach and there are always good times to be had.

Honorable mentions are (YouTube channel names) CrianaGaming, omegaevolution, SunnySplosion, BirdyBoots, SurrealBeliefs, Schaly, MasaeAnela, msfactualplays, TheRPGMinx, Lady Sinovera, davidangel64. I have more, but I think that will suffice for now.

I highly recommend checking out all of these wonderful people.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Haven't been into LPers for a while, but I have enjoyed Cryotic and shadypenguinn because of their beautiful voices :p

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Time to use my art of necroreving old and dead threads:

I do not usually like watching let's plays but lately, I've been watching the outrageously lovely work of SpicyWaffle aka Corwin and Uko. For some reason, these guys take the typical trope of let's plays of making funny commentary with screams, laughs, murder and BLOOOOOOD DANCIN which is their signature phrase. One thing i love about these guys is the games that they feature on their channel, usually very violent or very action packed games that mix well with the spirit of their videos. TLDR, these guys remind me of FPS Doug on steroids. Awesome.

These guys have played everything that fit well with the spirit of their channel and style: Metal Slug 1 to 7 (or XX), Brutal Doom, Brutal Wolfenstein (on-going), Shadow Warrior (on-going), Grezzo 2 (aka the most culturally offensive doom mod ever and have said themselves to be on-going), Broforce, Hotline Miami, Just Cause 3, and stuff. They are even point out if they have completed a series or not and they do so from start to end.

I mean these guys have even made a let's play of Hatred (aka EDGE: The Game) to be pretty entertaining without resulting to making rants or fired shots towards the controverises and video game violence vs culture crap.

These guys seem to be very responsive to user comments as well as I see them frequently replying to posts.

"TASTE THE FLAAAAAAAAAAME. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

They are currently a small but growing channel and I really hope that some of you guys get to see them in action.

Years
I watch a lot of different youtubers really.
Pewdiepie I just find quite entertaining and he just is having fun really.
Markplier
Chuggaaconry and I dont know if I got his name correct.
Vixella she is a sims lper
Jacksectipeye
Cryaotic-
Dan and phil
Zoella
Alfie deyes

Back