• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poison Kiss

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
This is just a poem i found lying around that i wrote a few years back. What do you guys think of it?

Could it be, that it was never to last?
You Poisnous Kiss reveals the past.
Could it be, we were never to love?
Your Poisnous Kiss destroys the "wuv".
Could it be, our love never begun?
Your Poisnous Kiss reveals your done.

I'm writing more (i've actually found some emo poems i wrote years back), but what do you think of this one?

Toblerone

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
Thanks, Vidler! It's one that i found (it's a few years old), like i said, i have more that i'll probably post here, if you think this one is good XD.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Using words like "wuv" and love to rhyme isn't the best thing to do; it generally indicates a forced rhyme. Other than that, the poem was pretty pleasant except for the fact that some of the lines are slightly unrelated.

Toblerone

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2010
Lol, yes, it does, Froslass.

Mobile Tsk, your right "wuv" wasn't a good word to use XD. It was made 4 years ago, so what ya gonna do? I find forced rhyming very common in the poems i've found, any tips you could give me to correct these?

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
Years
Lol, yes, it does, Froslass.

Mobile Tsk, your right "wuv" wasn't a good word to use XD. It was made 4 years ago, so what ya gonna do? I find forced rhyming very common in the poems i've found, any tips you could give me to correct these?

just let it flow. if you can't think of a rhyme, try a word that means sort of the same thing to the word you cannot rhyme, and see if there is an easier word to rhyme it with.

But with "love", you could have used "above" for the rhyme. you'd have needed to change the line, but at least it wouldn't be a forced rhyme.

But if this doesnt work, then type "rhyme" into google, and the first result is something called www.rhymezone.com , this is very useful, just type in the word, and click find rhymes.

Hope this helps.

:)

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Yes -- Rhyme Zone and other rhyming dictionaries should be your best bet on correcting the problem. Forced rhymes may be common but they are very distracting oftentimes.

Back